Various unreleased and beta games

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by Youloute, May 12, 2011.

1. Sgabbit

Sgabbit Rising Member

Abe's Oddysee was supposed to be on Sega Saturn.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Yakumo

Yakumo Pillar of the Community *****

Yes, that's true. There were many games that should have been on the Saturn but all ended up being Sony exclusives. Another massive one was Heart of Darkness which started off on the Saturn. Namco's Cybersled is another too.

3. Anthaemia.

Anthaemia. The Original VF3 Fangirlâ„¢

Both the executive producer and director of Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee have been quoted as saying that a Saturn conversion wasn't just ever started, but that plans for such a thing were not even discussed internally at Oddworld Inhabitants - any rumours about this one were simply the result of over-enthusiastic journalists caught up in wishful thinking (probably based on it seeming an obvious choice because of the platform's 2D capabilities). Now, those other titles mentioned recently like Heart Of Darkness and Cyber Sled, on the other hand... they were DEFINITELY in production for Sega's console!

4. Celine

Celine Gutsy Member

Some stuff from my twitter account:

http://orfeovedovo.weebly.com/20th-century-italian-opera-catalogue.html

FX Fighter for SNES - cancelled (Famitsu 318).
    [​IMG]

Fang of Alnam was a RPG for SNES by Right Stuff which was cancelled (Famitsu 363). More info: http://goo.gl/SouEWp
    [​IMG]

Cooly Skunk for SNES (Famitsu 351) was eventually moved to PS1 (it's known as Punk Skunk outside Japan).
    [​IMG]
    More Cooly Skunk for SNES (Famitsu 363).
    [​IMG]

Twinbee (Miracle) RPG which Konami eventually cancelled (Famitsu 350).
    [​IMG]

Ah when Nintendo 64 was known as Ultra 64 and software wasn't ready at all (Famitsu 338).
    [​IMG]

The never released F1 game by Nintendo for Virtual Boy (Famitsu 323).
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
    Gilgamesh likes this.
  5. Yakumo

Yakumo Pillar of the Community *****

Good stuff. Knowing that Cool Skunk was originally a SFC game explains why it looks so basic on the PSX.

6. godjustspoke

godjustspoke Member

Fang of Alnam for snes might have moved to the ps1 as "Alnam no Kiba - Fang Of Alnam". There seems to be a sequel/prequel as well called "Alnam no Tsubasa - Wing Of Alnam".

7. Celine

Celine Gutsy Member

Yes, that's what I think happened.

8. Celine

Celine Gutsy Member

A few more unreleased games from my twitter account (for Game Boy):

Rainbow Chips is a cancelled title for Game Boy by Kaneko (Game Boy Magazine vol. 6):
    [​IMG]

Heart & Heart cancelled Game Boy title by M&M (Game Boy Magazine vol. 11):
    [​IMG]

Magical Saurus is a cancelled game by Natsume for Game Boy (Famitsu 1990 vol. 14):
    [​IMG]

Emo-yan by Hect for game Boy (Famitsu 1990 vol. 14):
    [​IMG]

Gathers (?) is a cancelled action puzzle game by Vic Tokai for Game Boy (Game Boy magazine vol. 1 and 2):
    [​IMG]

Death Ball is a cancelled puzzle game for game Boy by Kemco (Famitsu vol. 19):
    [​IMG]

Metro Panic is a cancelled RPG for Game Boy by Nichibutsu (Famitsu 92/09/18):
    [​IMG]

Keith is a cancelled action RPG for Game Boy by Sony:
    [​IMG]

Trickle is a cancelled game for Game Boy by Metemu (?). Game Boy magazine vol. 6:
    [​IMG]

LainPW likes this.
  9. Kyoto

Kyoto Active Member

Just a guess, but the game looks similar to the Godzilla title that was released around the time this was due to be released (Dec 1990). Maybe Natsume wanted to avoid releasing something that looks like a copy?

[​IMG]

King_of_PS likes this.
  10. StriderVM

StriderVM Peppy Member

I think it would be better to think of the opposite instead. Before they we're able to release Magical Saurus, they got the Godzilla license and turned it into a "Godzilla" game per se.

11. Paranoia Dragon

Paranoia Dragon Member

Fang of Alnam did come out for the PC Engine CD, I have it, but really haven't played it much(like most of my Jp RPG's). Wings of Alnum is the direct sequal as far as I've ever known.

12. Sonny_Jim

Sonny_Jim Enthusiastic Member

13. StriderVM

StriderVM Peppy Member

That could be. As the PC version of FX Fighter has much high polygon counts.

14. Celine

Celine Gutsy Member

Should be the SNES version (that's my YT account).

15. Bramsworth

Bramsworth Well Known Member

Resurrecting this thread as it's nice to have somewhere to mainly post early shots.

I took this scan months ago, haven't shared it anywhere so thought I'd post it here. It's an earlier version of Pulseman when it was known as Spark. This came from an issue of Beep! Megadrive, which I own all issues of from November 93 to January 94. This is probably one of the more interesting games with early content out of all the previews I've come across in the magazine.

[​IMG]

If anyone has any other games that'd be previewed around November 93 to January 94 that you want me to keep an eye out for early shots of, let me know.

Just FYI, their Sonic 3 coverage is weak. They never once previewed the game until suddenly they have an article and say it's "80%" complete, only for a small blurb at the bottom saying it's already been released in the US. I think Megadrive Fan was a better magazine back then, but anyway, give me any suggestions. They cover Ragnacenty at a very early stage and it looks like it's the exact same early ROM that's been floating around the net for years.

Keiji Dragon, arnoldlayne and EETFUK like this.
  16. LainPW

LainPW Rapidly Rising Member

I'm a few months late but thanks for the gameboy dump above!! Find anything for that console very I retesting :)

17. skyrunner14

skyrunner14 Rising Member

A bit late replying to this one, but Death Ball by Kemco wasn't so much cancelled as it was massively retooled. I'm fairly certain it eventually became Snoopy's Magic Show, which was released, but looks very similar gameplay-wise to the screenshot from this scan.

18. KGRAMR

KGRAMR Gaming aficionado raised by family & friends.

Celine, from which magazine comes this scan of Conan/Konan? Just curious :)

19. Youloute

Youloute Robust Member

Consoles + #40 - February 1995

KGRAMR likes this.
  20. KGRAMR

KGRAMR Gaming aficionado raised by family & friends.

Thanks :) I'm searching from every nook and crany + with some help from my friends outside of the forum about the Jag in other magazines. I've been pretty lucky so i may post some of the more interesting titles listed in forgein mags :D