OTHER Various Capcom & Other Prototype games (Biohazard, Lost Planet, Dead Rising, PN03, Freeloader)

Discussion in 'The ASSEMblergames Marketplace' started by Dot50Cal, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Dot50Cal

Dot50Cal Moderator

Hey all, long time no see.

Long story short, I'm liquidating my prototype stuff and this is the last of it. Since I've been away for so long, we'll just say $500.00 for each disc, though I am open to negotiations. Shoot me a PM or reply below.

Picture of the discs:
    20190228_170538.jpg

Breakdown:

Biohazard 5 Ver review_USA No.0275 Xenon 2009/01/07
    Xbox 360 Dead Rising - Review No. 7 (burned on a MS disc??)
    Lost Planet Preview Ver Single M:5 No. 1325 Xenon 2006/09/02
    Lost Planet Ver. PUB1107 No. 1456 Xenon 2006/11/08
    Lost Planet Ver. PUB1107 Review Xenon 2006/11/08
    P.N.03 (PAL) 6/16 No. 6 - Gamecube
    Freeloader 1.06B Datel - Gamecube

-=FamilyGuy=- and Stipo360 like this.
  2. ShovelThumb

ShovelThumb Gutsy Member

$500 for all the discs or per disc?

3. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

500 for each disc is way too much given what some of these are especially since multiple of these discs exist
    Now if it was 500 for the whole lot, I'd say that's still too high, but not too ridiculous

good and Stipo360 like this.
  4. Stipo360

Stipo360 Dead Rising & XDKs

Hey! I have that preview as well. I'll PM you. :cool:

[​IMG]

5. Dot50Cal

Dot50Cal Moderator

If you feel its too high, negotiate with me. I don't see a PM from you or what you are interested in, but check the OP again:
    Since I've been away for so long, we'll just say $500.00 for each disc, though I am open to negotiations.

Per disc, but I am open to negotiations, so shoot me a PM and we may be able to work something out. I've been away for a number of years so I don't have my finger on the pulse of the proto community anymore, hence the seemingly(?) high prices.

6. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

I regret to inform you I'm not interested.
    The problem is from the dates on these discs. A majority of cases is final/near final data and the fact there's multiple in circulation (albeit the DR disc stipo has so I cant say it's really going anywhere) indicate to me that 500 is way to high.
    For example I have bought a few of these for PS3 of the same date and build for 30 bucks each when they were up for grabs and ended with near final data.
    The only ones that stand out to me are the lost planet M:5 disc (because its 3 months prior to release date, though this doesnt mean it's that different) and the Datel NR disc which is strange to see at all and I'd like to see someone grab that one.

I'm not trying to be rude, especially since I see you were a former mod, but the prices are just too high for what these are and for what their dates are. I know you're open to negotiating but whatever offer you'd get will certainly be really low and almost insulting.

The prototype stuff is really hard to deal with these days because most stuff that shows up is review/near final with minimal differences if any.

good, Keiji Dragon and Stipo360 like this.
  7. pstrick1

pstrick1 Site Supporter

Why even bother posting?
    Of course $500 is too high. He's just listing a price to invite negotiation.

I'm pretty sure he knows everything you told him. You realize your registration date is two years after he stopped posting? He left the scene years before you even started.

It's shit like this that drives people away. Your opinion is worthless and you have nothing new to say. Your contribution actually detracts from the forum. Are you an idiot, or an asshole? because is has to be one of those two.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
  8. Durandal

Durandal Spirited Member

An earlier registration date has nothing to do with a user's level of contribution or the importance of what they have to say. Get your head out of your, and OP's, anus.

Keiji Dragon likes this.
  9. pstrick1

pstrick1 Site Supporter

True, but pixelbutts has contributed nothing and has nothing important to say.

Did you read his post? He makes an obvious statement (the protos aren't worth $500) and then supports it with common knowledge, all while acting like an expert. So my question still stands. Is he an idiot (see link below) or an asshole who knows his post is worthless?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

10. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

You have no idea how many of these are just a few bytes different from the final data. I assure you it is not always like this, but a vast majority of the time it is. I've bought a lot of these in the past and I'm not trying to be an ass about it. I'm speaking from experience that nothing special is here outside of them being non-final

Here's a breakdown of the lot
    the Datel one is again, super weird and I kinda want it because Datel anything is bizarre
    Biohazard 5 is 4 months prior to release date, this might be worth checking out, but knowing another BH5 disc around it might be the same as that previous one. the one in question had a jump to skip ahead or back for reviewers. If I'm remembering this wrong, fair enough but I really dont think I'm wrong on this one
    the M:5 Lost planet disc is dated to be months before the other 2 lost planet discs (milestone 5?)
    the other 2 lost planet discs are 1 month away from final, likely no immediate changes (and yes, stipo owns one of these too)
    P.N.03 is 2 months away from its PAL release, likely final or mid localization, it's months AFTER the JP release which leads me to believe it's nothing super special other than it being an NR disc
    The Dead Rising disc is near final with only lighting being different as Stipo has the same exact disc and has picked it apart to a concerning degree

They arent worthless, but you're going to struggle finding anyone willing to pay a lot for them. The BH5, Lost Planet M:5, and Datel discs are the only ones I see anything more than a little above retail price for such discs.
    I'm not here to stop anyone from buying them. People have collections of these and even I want some stuff, but the fact of the matter is even with negotiating you're really going to hit somewhere close to a retail price or slightly higher in the end except for the 3 mentioned ones.

If he can boot them and show any significant changes to the games on them (debug menus, for example) then that immediately changes everything, but at face value this is all one should be able to see.

OP I'm sorry I'm giving you a rough time after coming back from a break. I want you to understand it's a lot different now and prices for things ultimately depend on differences between finalized code, of which I dont think there will be much here. Good luck on the sales, I'm sorry for having soured this experience after your return

good, Keiji Dragon, Durandal and 2 others like this.
  11. Bramsworth

Bramsworth Well Known Member

pstrick1 Why do you want to discredit anything PixelButts is saying exactly though? Yeah, Dot50Cal is likely just setting the stage to invite offers from people, but the main point here I think is that anyone usually setting a starting offer is likely not to entertain something below 50% of that initial price, and it's clear after all the evidence given that these discs aren't even close to half of $500. Dot50Cal knows things have changed, showed willingness to be flexible, and PixelButts is showing him he's probably gonna have to be even more flexible than he's likely expecting.

Your mention of people potentially being "driven away" proves a point I've noticed when it comes to protos, which is that people get freaked out seeing others comment on proto pricing because they see prototype owners as fragile creatures that panic and disappear into the sunset with the protos they rode in on if anyone dares imply what they have is not in fact worth the price being offered. That mentality really should stop, since it's what helps people actually looking to scam people with finals get away with scamming since that pretty much helps breed a culture where no one bats an eye at insanely high prices since protos are apparently supposed to cost that much. The day we can move away from plopping hundreds or thousands of dollars on near-final prototypes that are being sold with zero info and relying on the buyer being willing to take a gamble will be a good one.

Keiji Dragon likes this.
  12. Dot50Cal

Dot50Cal Moderator

If you aren't interested in these I'm confused as to why you are even posting then. It just seems like you are trying to dissuade others from making an offer.

It's pretty interesting the reception these are getting to me. Maybe it's just because I was a really serious RE / MT Framework collector and people are not these days.

Very different reaction in the marketplace these days. Outright thread disruption by people who aren't even interested in the items and admit that .

13. -=FamilyGuy=-

-=FamilyGuy=- Site Supporter 2049

I can't say anything intelligent on pricing, but I just wanted to say hi @Dot50Cal! Nice seeing you around!

@others, this is a sales thread, maybe the personal debates could be taken elsewhere? (I think polite pricing discussion is ok though)

14. Dot50Cal

Dot50Cal Moderator

Hey man Good to see you again as well ;) it looks like you've been helping a lot of folks dump gdrs which is awesome! Glad to see you are still around!

-=FamilyGuy=- likes this.
  15. Jackhead

Jackhead Site Soldier

there was a time here we not talking about prices in sales thread. He can ask what he want. Good luck with your sale!

16. Stipo360

Stipo360 Dead Rising & XDKs

There's nothing wrong with asking any price you want, especially if you've been out of the scene for some time. However, the thing is that some of these builds are quite common, and could barely fetch 100$ (even years ago)

Almost everyone i know has a PUB1107 Lost Planet Disc, in fact here's a picture of mine. :p - So a starting price of 500 for each, is essentially asking for 500$ for a PUB1107 disc, which of course is sort of ludicrous lol. (And it's the reason Pixelbutts exploded)

Anyhow, let's stop derailing the thread and let the auction go on as it should.

17. Joseph_Capelli

Joseph_Capelli Site Supporter 2012,2013,2014,2015