Uses for RROD etc xbox 360s?

Discussion in 'Repair, Restoration, Conservation and Preservation' started by Nully, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Nully

Nully Enthusiastic Member

My friend owns a game store and has about 20 360s/slims etc with issues that I had no interest in. He offered me them at $5 a piece, is there any real point or permanent way to fix these or can anything be done as far as are the disc drives when they are locked to a dead console? They will probably end up in the garbage after this thread is finished. I never really followed the 360 mod/repair scene but do know about the reflow/reball bandaids which I'm not really interested in. The reason I ask here because Google is absolutely flooded with DIY crappy fixes like putting them in the oven/stupid Youtube videos of teenagers etc. Just looking for a yes or no I suppose.

2. derekb

derekb Well Known Member

If you're not interested in doing the proper work to repair them that won't just break again in a few months, then not really short of maybe salvaging some parts out here and there

Nully likes this.
  3. Taijigamer2

Taijigamer2 Gutsy Member

Some of them could be jtagged or RGH'd maybe. DVD drives can be reflashed to working motherboards. Proper reflows could be done. Depends how much time u have on your hands. Nowadays Xbox360 don't sell for a lot so it's not always worth it.

Nully likes this.
  4. Nully

Nully Enthusiastic Member

This is my main gripe about it as well, that they aren't even worth anything in working condition to begin with. I'll pass on them, thanks for the advice guys.

Syclopse likes this.