Site Suggestion "User of the Month" Thread

Discussion in 'Site Help and Suggestions' started by MBMM, Jan 4, 2018.

1. MBMM

MBMM Powered by Pied Piper

As the title suggests, just a thread acknowledging a user once a month who contributed to the community with releases/info, helped another user dump/preserve something of great importance, kept the peace during a tumultuous time, etc. Just thought it would be cool to have a record of the most important things done by a user on a month. Obviously @Laurent would be the first person to receive this haha.

2. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 The Tick

Important is a matter of perspective and/or opinion.

3. MBMM

True. I think some contributions can objectively be viewed as having more meaning to this site and what the site as a whole views as "important", though. Obviously it would be up to a vote. It wouldn't have to be just one person either. I just think that sometimes users' contributions get swept up in the shuffle of time and activity. There can be a lack of pin-point on who all released and helped with what. Maybe this suggestion is more of a hybrid between a few ideas. Just a small suggestion that came to my mind.

4. rso

rso ┬░

Sounds like a waste of time to me tbh (especially when lengthy, recurring votes are involved), but why don't you just give it a(n unofficial) try for a month or two? Pick a bunch of users, start a poll, photoshop the winner a badge or something.

5. MBMM

Yeah, I could see that. To be honest it was just a thought that randomly was running around in my head so I thought I would share. Doubt it will come to light but I just wanted to see what other users thought about it.

6. N!NJA

N!NJA ├čanned

[​IMG]

Who will win next month?

takeshi385, f2bnp, Mystical and 3 others like this.
  7. MBMM

I've read through everything today and it's incredibly frustrating and depressing. The one site that I felt at home with and I finally belonged with gets destroyed from within. Very saddening.

takeshi385 and Shane McRetro like this.
  8. Taijigamer2

Taijigamer2 Gutsy Member

All good things will eventually come to an end. It's the community that makes the site, not the site itself. A lot of the familiar faces here are also present at a certain 'sister' site and other sites that share the same vision of open minded gamers/ modders sharing items and information.

Like you, I found this site to be a beacon for like minded people coming together, after experiencing the negativity present on other forums around the internet.

I hope this place picks up but seeing the fundamental issues, it may be too late to restore it to its former glory.

rso likes this.
  9. abveost

abveost Peppy Member

There are a few users who regularly contribute the most month after month and everyone knows who they are. In that case what's the point? It'll be the same few people over and over.