USB GDrom Thread

Discussion in 'Sega Dreamcast Development and Research' started by nonosto, Jun 13, 2015.

1. 8bitplus

8bitplus Gutsy Member

Yes it does. The only downside to FAT32 is that it takes longer to copy files over to the drive than newer file systems.

2. Wolf_

Wolf_ Rising Member

Just curious but does anyone have a list of any incompatibilities with the latest firmware? I currently own a gdemu and hate the lack of subfolders and having to rename things so I picked this up but I heard this has some compatibility issues with some games but can't find a list anywhere.

Also is the usb gdrom able to be saved to instead of a vmu? If not can it at least backup and write saves to vmu even if I need to use another program like dreamshell to do it?

3. Aleron Ives

Aleron Ives Rapidly Rising Member

The downside of GD-ROM replacements is the GD-ROM drive has nothing to do with the VMU, so it's impossible to save games to the media connected to that port, AFAIK.

You probably can't play PSO's Battle mode with USB-GDROM due to the homebrew menu, but if the menu is in that state, then most other games are probably fine. PSO is one of the most picky DC games.

4. Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic Spirited Member

I've played Battle mode on my USB GDROM! Remember when I asked you for a GDI rip of the modified PSO image?