(Updated 6/10/2016) Sonic X-treme Release Central | SonicBoom Pre-NV1 Build

Discussion in 'File Downloads - Share and Request' started by Borman, Feb 23, 2015.

1. itsthinkingstil

itsthinkingstil Rapidly Rising Member

well the quality will make it shine though the large amount of time it took. and andrew is it possible with the level editor jolly released some time back to add/make any levels beside the e3 level already in it? thanks!

2. andrew75

andrew75 Spirited Member

You can not save out levels in the V37 editor that he released. ( at least I cant do it on my system, the editor crashes) The editor also does not support any of the v53 level editor features like auto generating textures realtime or many of the new geo shapes.
    Right now the best way is by editing the .def files and corresponding .pcx maps.

3. itsthinkingstil

4. itsthinkingstil

Sorry but what i meant was is it possible to add any pre existing levels already? like say crystal frost?

5. andrew75

andrew75 Spirited Member

No since V37 can not display all from the geo from that level and the way blocks and other features are defined has changed.
    You can edit a .def file manually and use the v37 type blocks to set up the level, but you need to know how the V40 - v42 blocks are handled.
    I had started something here, its too bad no one expanded upon that, http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=34041

6. itsthinkingstil

hmmm thanks, hopefully that will change and i can star trying this out and maybe get some levels work with this, Thanks!

7. andrew75

andrew75 Spirited Member

Someone over on my forums was doing some level porting. I don't have a link right now sorry.

8. itsthinkingstil

9. Gameboi64

Gameboi64 please find Gameboi64 somewhere else.

I don't know if he's exactly credible, but:

from what it says, apparently two of the main developers got the game running perfectly on the saturn, but it didn't turn out as planned, and due to some things, those two had their demo basically put away.

I haven't checked the downloads (I know I should) but it would be neat if we had that one if we don't already.

10. andrew75

andrew75 Spirited Member

Umm yeah,,,, no that guy botched up quite a bit of facts. Ahh well his prsentation was nice .

11. supersonic3224

supersonic3224 Autistic Member

Reasonably so. Miiyouandmii2 uploaded these videos in Q1 2013, well before any new information broke.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  12. andrew75

andrew75 Spirited Member

Excluding any info he got wrong in regards to Point of view builds, info about persons involved and builds had some incorrect info also and the info was already out there.
    I think perhaps he was misinformed. That is understandable since there is so much contradictory info spread around the net. I used to correct anything i've ever come across. But, I've kind of got tired of doing it because, it never seemed to help change anything. I plan to wright up a sort of Faqs or make a video sometime in the near future with the knowlage that I have taken direct from many of the original developers threw email and instant message sessions that we've held in the past. Some the team that i've spoken with include:
    Christina Coffin, Andrew Probert, Chris Senn, and Mike Wallis.

13. speedyink

speedyink Site Supporter 2016

I remember watching that video a couple years ago. I've learned it's more of a rough estimation than solid fact. Does make for good entertainment, though.

I like how terribly wrong he was about POV, the Saturn builds they made were actually working quite well.

14. andrew75

andrew75 Spirited Member

Yeah its very entertaining, I enjoyed watching all of his Videos! the presentation is up there for sure!