Until Dawn PS3 Build

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by slipshod, Dec 1, 2016.

1. comicbooknerd

comicbooknerd Spirited Member

Really interesting stuff, thanks for sharing.

2. dickibow

dickibow Intrepid Member

This is cool. I have a PS3 tool which I got from Super Massive Games in Guildford and it has lots of Until Dawn PS3 save data, game data and trophies on two user accounts that are still on the system. There appears to also be an early build of Walking with Dinosaurs too. I might have to see if there is a way I can poke around the Tool in more detail to see if I can find more. The Until Dawn data is dated between late 2009 and early 2010. The tool is date stamped on the sticker April 2009.

3. emilisb

emilisb Active Member

I managed to recover a few unseen Until Dawn builds from FIOS archives found on multiple Supermassive PS3 Tools. Here's Chapter 11 from a bit different version of Green Light. Sorry for low brightness, this video was made as PoC only. I'll be glad to help everyone who has found Until Dawn FIOS cache on their systems. It's usually named as TEST30001 in dev_hdd0/game and identified as Killzone 3 either Until Dawn in Game Data Utility.

Different UI from an older first person UD build recovered from FIOS data:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You can read more about my recovery project on ObscureGamers: https://www.obscuregamers.com/threads/attention-until-dawn-might-contain-a-hidden-build.22148/

4. onza120

onza120 Site Supporter 2014

Where can one find these builds?

5. james2452

james2452 Peppy Member

This is cool. I would love to do a recovery on xbox 360 devkits i have. Someone should do a tutorial if there is away. I would try it on the THQ console.

6. Johnny

Johnny Gran Turismo Freak and Site Supporter 2013,2015 Staff Member

Was looking for some stuff on Play-Asia and noticed that somehow they still had this listed on the PS3 section.
    Here are the pictures they had, including the boxart.
    1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg