Unreleased Sega Saturn game - Fake Down

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by Yakumo, May 12, 2007.

1. Yakumo

Yakumo Pillar of the Community *****

the VF character test I had was not the same as the one on the Dreamcast VF3. The Panzer demo was also not the same as the one at CES. The one I had had the dragon fly in down what looked like a canyon then straight in to a cave. Is this the CES one?

Yakumo

2. Anthaemia.

Anthaemia. The Original VF3 Fangirlâ„¢

I'm going from memory, but I seem to recall a Panzer Dragoon tech demo quite similar to your description, Yakumo. However, that's definitely not the CES prototype, which I believe was featured (albeit very briefly) in one of the "Omake" video files hidden away in Panzer Dragoon Zwei. Actually, wasn't this same footage part of what became the final version's pre-rendered intro sequence, much in the same way elements from the Soccer preview became integrated (almost seamlessly, if I dare say so myself) into the Victory Goal opening?

Going back to the subject of Virtua Fighter 3 character movement demos once again, I'd be thrilled if there really was another somewhere out there you can't already find with the more commonly-known history showreel in VF3tb for the Dreamcast. Now that I think about it, did anybody ever successfully compile those SGL OS 3.02 models for Akira? I remember there being screenshots that near-certainly proved it wasn't part of the mythical Saturn VF3, unless AM2 was planning to recycle polygonal data from either Virtua Fighter Remix or Fighters Megamix, as the Akira used more resembled his graphical style in those games. However, were there any videos or even a playable version to download somewhere (providing it wasn't just a rolling demo, that is)? I'd love to find out every single scrap of information that I can - anything to keep me happy until the inevitable day AM2 throw me a bone or two as they did with Shenmue, even though few people knew about that one before the bonus clip in the Dreamcast sequel...

3. Celine

Celine Gutsy Member

Just watching through my collection of scans about cancelled games an thought that maybe could be of some interest:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Yakumo

Nice scans but can you translate the Spanish in to English please ?

5. Segafreak_NL

Segafreak_NL v2.0 New and improved. Site supporter 2012-15

I suppose you mean French? :p

6. Yakumo

Ah yes, thats what I get for not bothering to look at the text

7. Martin

Martin Resolute Member

This game looks quite interesting. I actually have Deep Fear but never got around to playing it. I think they days are gone for me completing games of that length though.

Shenmue is a prime example. I never finished Shenmue 1, never played 2 and now I doubt I ever will. It just takes up so much time. I'm moving to Japan next year and think it would be retarded for me to play Shenmue 1 and 2 whilst actually living in Japan as I have so much I want to see for real!

Lots of nostalgia though.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
  8. Yakumo

I don't know mate. You'll soon find time again in the future. I felt taht way in my early 20's but by your mid 20's the time soon comes back :nod:

9. saturn_worship

saturn_worship Intrepid Member

excellent scans, thanks for them!!!!!!

10. Celine

Celine Gutsy Member

Can't read it.
    I understand just a bit because it's a latin language.

11. goldenband

goldenband Spirited Member

First article:

"Already in the process of development, Fake Down is an action-adventure game in 3D, expected on Saturn [and] designed by Katsuhiro Otomo, the father of Akira. The scenario recounts the emergence of a new race of human beings, the Fakers. This mutation engenders a struggle of two clans for domination. From there, one can expect that there will be mayhem. Brief, it's a bit light, we know, but that was just something to share the info with all of you."

Second article:

"In this action-adventure game, above all notable for its designer (Katsuhiro Otomo), you become a young hero who fights against the "Fakers", humans and machines possessed by a species of virus. While in terms of progress, Fake Down is supposed to be in the final stages, the info concerning the game is appearing in dribs and drabs. How strange... The fact remains that the action stages are numerous, and that you'll be able to demonstrate your skills in the midst of violent confrontations, all depicted in 3D. Cool..."

All roughly translated, since I'm not a native speaker.

12. ServiceGames

ServiceGames Heretic Extraordinaire

Thanks for the translation golden.

13. Yakumo

Thanks very much for the translation, goldenband. It may not be perfect but it's far better than what I could understand :nod:

Yakumo

14. T_chan

T_chan Gutsy Member

The translation is quite good in fact :)
    The only things that can be added:

1st article:
    Japanese Release date: not communicated
    Editor: System Sacom

Second article:
    Machine: Saturn
    Genre: Adventure
    Editor: System Sacom
    Japanese Release date: this summer