Unreleased or Prototype Megaman??

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by skavenger216, May 28, 2008.

1. skavenger216

skavenger216 Familiar Face

Sachen version?? Call me a dumbass if you see fit ( i see fit:lol:), but what is "sachen"? Ive never heard nor seen this word/term before.

2. Carnivol

Carnivol Dauntless Member

Keywords: Unlicensed Video Games

Wikipedia fun - Sachen <- A good wikipedia read if you want to know more :nod:

3. skavenger216

oh wow i feel REALLY stupid. Ive actually played through Thunder Blast Man / Rocman X ( pretty much the same exact game with slight differences between the two). Thanks a lot Carnivol, and i apologize for my dumbassedness :icon_bigg.

4. funkstylez

funkstylez Rising Member

Nice, sounds like something they would put on a HK nes multicart.

5. alf717

alf717 Robust Member

Here you go. I came across this one while reading up on some Mega Man 9 info. This is a beta to Rockman Dash more info can be found at the following link about this rare find.
    http://protodudesrockmancorner.blogspot.com/2008/07/rockman-dash-beta-eight-year-search.html

Apparently there is a Command Mission beta as well. I did a few searches but turned up nothing. If anyone knows how to get it could you spread the word or give me a PM? Thank you.

http://protodudesrockmancorner.blogspot.com/2008/07/rumor-commad-mission-beta-leaked.html

Last edited: Aug 7, 2008
  6. Bramsworth

Bramsworth Well Known Member

Wow, that beta has barely any notable differences. Sucks he paid over $100 for it. Really annoys me for some reason..

7. alf717

alf717 Robust Member

It’s the rarity of the disc that justified the price. I would love to come across a copy myself one day but I doubt I will see one anytime soon. It has been mentioned that this demo is the same as the one included with the Biohazard 2 trial disc. I haven't tested this though.

I am a collector of Mega Man games as well but I have yet to expand my collection of items that were released outside of the states. I mostly just collection the games and a few trinkets I come across from time to time.

8. Madroms

Madroms Robust Member

Why people called "beta" all the demo discs thay can find ? To make it rarer ?
    This rockman dash demo is in no way a beta. It has some differences with the final game but nothing beta (as something unreleased).
    This is a great find for all megaman collectors, yes. It could be rare also, yes. But it is not a beta, just a released demo disc.

9. Bramsworth

Bramsworth Well Known Member

That gets to me too. One of the best examples comes from so many games dumped by drx at that hidden palace site. So many games that are just the final are labeled "prototype". I guess since it's on a pcb it warrants a name that would send anyone into a frenzy. That rockman disc is just an example of just how far the price can go on a simle stupid demo disc just because people choose to label it as if it's really something, when it's nothing.

I can see how DreamTR had problems with that one bloke a while back :/

10. undamned

undamned Spirited Member

I call bullcrap on that. CFC isn't going to print 15 copies of something. If you do a print run you have to make it worth your while price/unit and at minimum you're probably looking at at least 100-500 units.

I have a pre-release of one of the DASH's ( can't recall which) in a sweet semi-transparent slip-case (which the cardboard slipcase fits into) :thumbsup: I'll try and get some pics on here.

Oh, and I do have the Thunder Blaster pirate game for NES :icon_bigg Kinda silly.
    -ud

11. Carnivol

Carnivol Dauntless Member

[​IMG]

Those were the only ones I could find at first glance into my pile... I probably have more of them :p
    (not to mention that there surely are discs for quite a lot of different games in my pile)

People label the most absurd things as expensive treasures. Think I paid like maybe... $10 for each one of the sets/piles that I got those discs in.

12. skavenger216

Well if there is only 15 copies, then Carnivol is hoarding a fifth of the worlds supply!!!! Greedy bastard!!!! :lol: ( J/k, lol)

13. beretta85

beretta85 Peppy Member

There is a megaman 3 proto

Mega Man 3 (U) (Prototype) [!].nes

If you have an NES complete romset, it should be in there. I've always wondered what actually makes it a prototype, but never played it long enough to find anything noteworthy. Does anyone know anything about this rom?

:love2:first post:love2:

14. babu

babu Mamihlapinatapai

It contains Proto Man ;-)

Last edited: Sep 8, 2008
  15. beretta85

beretta85 Peppy Member

[​IMG]

16. TheRedEye

TheRedEye Robust Member

Yeah, we dumped that. There are only a couple little bugs that are only noticeable if you're looking for them, like Mega Man's helmet displaying the wrong palette after beating a cartain stage and Mega Man's sprite not changing to a standing pose when the game pauses to bring in Protoman, little things like that. In fact that might be everything.

17. IIMarckus

IIMarckus Member

18. beretta85

beretta85 Peppy Member

Thats pretty damn cool

thats truly a beta, in every sense of the word.

19. skavenger216

Such a shame that it hasnt been dumped, I would love to play it.

20. DreamTR

DreamTR Enthusiastic Member

Ok, I went through my Mega Man/Rockman betas, and I have:

GameCube NR Disk-Mega Man Anniversary Collection

NES-
    Mega Man 2
    Mega Man 3
    Mega Man 4
    Mega Man 5

SNES-
    Mega Man 7
    Mega Man Soccer (early, no gameplay)
    Rockman X3 (early version, says Sample on the title screen)

Game Gear-
    Mega Man

Game Boy
    Mega Man 2
    Rockman World (similar to the one found on Yahoo Auctions, but in English with NOA info on title screen
    Mega Man 3
    Mega Man V

GBA-
    Mega Man Battle Network 2 (debug version)