Unreleased or beta pics (formerly beta pics)

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by sayin999, Mar 27, 2004.

1. PrOfUnD Darkness

PrOfUnD Darkness Familiar Face

This is the only pic of the 3D dungeon version of PS4. I wonder if the developers really wrote some code for it or is just a mockup? Anyway, it's soooo cool.

I remember seeing all those pics on magazines. I tought it was so cool that intro showing the older games.
    The last pic is from the original game idea, where the developers would bring Nei from PS2 and Wren from PS3, too bad the idea was scrapped.

PD

2. haljordan

haljordan Spirited Member

Are those consoles on the last panel the released ones? Even tough it's a small picture, I don't remember seeing those around.

That last picture(the four characters) was also on SuperGames, brazilian magazine, which did a nice "preview"of PS4.

3. GigaDrive

GigaDrive Enthusiastic Member

I don't know about the smaller white one (8-bit Famicom). as I have never seen a famicom that looks like that.

the larger one, the Super Famicom prototype, was certainly not released. the Super Famicom shell went through 3 or 4 changes before release.

4. Calpis

Calpis Champion of the Forum

That was intended to be the AV Famicom but when the SFC was released in a different design, they decided to redesign the case for the 1993 release. I think a matching AV FC and SFC would make a very sexy pair. Except, the Famicom could stand to loose a little weight, theres no reason for the case to be that huge.

5. GigaDrive

oh yes, I found the other Phantasy Star IV beta/prototype/concept picture I was looking for

[​IMG]

this was the other picture that was in EGM's first coverage of PSIV in the August 1992 EGM.

above picture and the 4 charactor one
    [​IMG]

can both be found in here
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 29, 2007
  6. GigaDrive

'Ghouls And Ghosts 3' for Super Famicom from 1990, a prototype / alpha / early version of ChouMakaiMura aka
    Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts in 1991. this is from EGM Number 17, December 1990, page 48.

[​IMG]

larger closer-in images of the same proto, thanks to Chris Covell's awesome website

[​IMG]

notice the little plant creatures with teeth coming out of the demon towers. the blue vase. the demon-cavemen with clubs, and in the foreground, the wood stump with rope tied around it. all this was missing in Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

here's EGM's first main preview of Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts, from the July 1991 issue, when the game seemed more final.

[​IMG]

notice Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts has changed somewhat from the
    small December 1990 EGM preview of 'Ghouls N Ghosts 3'.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2007
  7. Yakumo

Yakumo Pillar of the Community *****

Great images GigaDrive. I'd love to see that proto in action. I wonder if those ape looking zombies can still be found in the released version? I know that in Final Fight on the Super Famicom you can see all sorts of goodies that weren't even in the game such as GUY !! Just take a look at the code through a hex editor or something.

Yakumo

8. GigaDrive

beta or simulation pictures of 3DO M2 first person shooter

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

these are almost assuredly pre-rendered on SGI or even realtime on SGI, and not actual M2 hardware.

(note: this is most likely NOT the M2 dungeon demo I am looking for)

9. wombat

wombat SEGA!

I've found an whole bunch of 'lamborghini' screenshots (unreleased xbox game) I'll try to make some space and upload them this weekend :)

10. Hey wombat, are those screenshots the ones I captured a while back?

11. wombat

wombat SEGA!

no it are screenshots that were handed out to the press while the games was still hot and running. (strange idea that this game was origionally in development for the dreamcast!)

12. gamergary

gamergary Guest

Don't know if this has been posted yet but here are some beta pictures for certain famicom games such a Ghosts N Goblins and Megaman 3. http://www.spini2k.com/chrisc/

At the bottom click one of the links with kirby next to it and you get to see pictures and explanations of what has been removed or changed.

13. Yakumo

Great link gamergary, thanks for sharing. :smt023

Yakumo

14. gamergary

gamergary Guest

I'm try to get some famicom tsuushin issues and I can probably get some good scans if anybody wants to see any.

15. Yakumo

Yes please :smt045 Beta or early shots of games are interesting.

Yakumo

16. GigaDrive

I'd like to see some shots of the unreleased Mega CD version of Y's IV

17. Li Wang

Li Wang Guest

Me too, but none ever got released. Which sadly doesn't inspire much hope about it actually being very far into development at all when half the team is Sega.

18. Yakumo

Here's a few Beta Famicom game shots kindly scanned by gamergary for ASSEMbler :smt023

BIO FORCE APE
    [​IMG]

MONSTER PARTY
    [​IMG]

MANIC MINER (May not be a beta version)
    [​IMG]

Yakumo

19. sayin999

sayin999 Officer at Arms

Manic miner is actually the japanese version of manic manision, however jaleco decided to make its own version of the game for japan instead of using the one lucas arts orignaly made that was released here in the U.S.(and also europe as well i think) Whats odd if the fact that jaleco bothered to make their own version when really they were the ones who published it in america and i think europe as well. .

20. ccovell

ccovell Resolute Member

Nice to see those mags scanned in high-quality. :)

If you go to my page at the link below, there are several pages linked at the bottom with (low-quality, sorry!) pics of unreleased and other beta games. Enjoy!