Unreleased or beta pics (formerly beta pics)

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by sayin999, Mar 27, 2004.

1. Re: Unreleased Xbox game screenshots: Lamborghini

Hmmm, it's simple, the game version itself was 'built' specifically to test the Live! network service.

...Of course it runs just like any other game, online or offline, apart from the fact that it will ONLY run on a Live! Beta Debug Kit!

2. Paulo

Paulo PoeticHalo

Re: Unreleased Xbox game screenshots: Lamborghini

Oh ok so just that version... i was about to say this game was almost released and there i have a demo from a magazine of it!

3. Yeah, this beta release has EVERY conceivable option and content, coded in and working.

...Had a retail version ever been released it would probably have less content and less options than the beta release.

:smt023

4. wombat

wombat SEGA!

thanks for the pics, its still such an shame that the game was canned.. such an good title :( ...

5. I totally agree.

It is sad because the game not only looks good its a real tough challenge.

...In championship mode you have to start with a 'basic' Lamborghini and race, if you don't win, you don't earn much money, if you damage your motor you have to fix it up, this costs money. It's very easy to run out of cash and a real challenge to earn and keep cash, especially when your car can do 200mph and you hit a brick wall ;-)

6. wombat

wombat SEGA!

today I recieved an bunch of xbox demo discs.. and yes also nr 14.... with the lamborghini demo on it :prayer: ..thats probally the closest I can get to that game :smt022

7. Hi wombat, as a matter of interest, what size is the Lamborghini demo in mb or gb?

8. wombat

wombat SEGA!

It isn't possible to read (well at least RETAIL discs) on your pc. You'll only see an xbox booting movie (dvd)... its some strange disc structure the PC doesnt know what to do with it.

9. Rofl, yeah I know that m8, I meant bung it in your Xbox then look at it in boxplorer/whatever app u prefer, or ftp it back to your P.C.

...Unless of course your Xbox 'aint modded!!!!!!!

10. Taemos

Taemos Officer at Arms

Is the game not executable in a modded Xbox? I actually want to play it now :no (<-- :smt043 I love that smiley).

11. wombat

wombat SEGA!

well oldengineer, my xbox is not modified... so I can't check it with my xbox.... although I would modify my xbox in an heartbeat if the full version of Lamborghini was availible on the web :smt083

12. Damn :smt022 , u gotta mod your box wombat, I'm curious to learn the size of that demo :)

:drinkers:

:smt023

...Have u not got a m8 nearby with a modded Xbox that u can view your disc in????????

:smt045

13. wombat

wombat SEGA!

An collegue of my has an modified xbox, were probally having an 'gamenight' next week (on saturday)... Then I'll pop my demo disc in and check how big it is. I'll keep you updated

14. sayin999

sayin999 Officer at Arms

wow i cant belive a really old thread of mine has been revived.

15. GigaDrive

GigaDrive Enthusiastic Member

1989 prototype-demo of 'Dragonfly' for the Super Famicom

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dragonfly would later become Pilotwings

16. GigaDrive

supposedly a picture of Strider for the SuperGrafx

[​IMG]

though possibly this is just the arcade version.

IMSA Racing for M2
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [[​IMG]

Power Crystal for M2
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

more D2 on M2
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Phantasy Star IV with 3D dungeons
    [​IMG]

intro scenes planned for PSIV that got cut out.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

one of the first-ever screens of Phantasy Star IV, not found in the final game
    [​IMG]

17. GigaDrive

Moon Dancer - Megadrive graphic text adventure by ????
    [​IMG]

Dando - Megadrive action/rpg(?) by Treco
    [​IMG]

Battle Mission - Megadrive shoot em up ala Operation Wolf by Renovation
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Land Buster - Megadrive side scrolling tank game by Seismic
    [​IMG]

horizontally scrolling version of Joe Montana Football by Mediagenic, apparently planned to be based on Hard Yardage.
    [​IMG]

(the released version was vertically scrolling, developed by Park Place, developers of Madden

cool title screen of Megadrive Shadow Dancer not in final game
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 21, 2006
  18. Yakumo

Yakumo Pillar of the Community *****

Some great shots there guys !! Keep them coming. I remember seeing that Dragonfly game years ago thinking it was a tech demo by Namco. Now I know it was Pilotwings. The eary Mega Drive stuff was also cool. I'd love to see that Land Buster in action.

Yakumo

19. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Lemon Party Organizer and Promoter

Those Phantasy Star shots are actually in Phantasy Star Collection for the Saturn if I'm not mistaken (or at least somewhere... as I've seen 'em before). The one of PSIV 3D dungeons is definitely a beta... there's some info on it over at www.phantasy-star.net. The last pic, w/ the 4 characters, I know I saw printed in a US magazine a LOOONG time ago (before it came out in Japan even) but thought it was also at the end of the game maybe?

Strider: I'm convinced it's the Arcade version. I'm still looking for some type of real confirmation that the SGX version got out of the announcement stage, to no avail.

20. GigaDrive

indeed you did. EGM August 1992. it was not in the ending of the game or anywhere in the PS IV that was released.