Unreleased or beta pics (formerly beta pics)

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by sayin999, Mar 27, 2004.

1. sayin999

sayin999 Officer at Arms

Since the form has been moved, activity seems to have been a little slow around here. I think we should start a post where we post beta/alpha pics of games that came out, or didn't for that matter. What does everyone think? :smt040

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2005
  2. Paulo

Paulo PoeticHalo

D2 for the M2 pictures...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. sayin999

sayin999 Officer at Arms

very nice

Very nice pualo, this post is getting off to a great start. I will try to find some beta stuff today and add to this post.

4. Paulo

Paulo PoeticHalo

Anyone have an explanation...

Anyone got a explanation as to where these D2 screens came from?

D2's opening sequence was already FMV when it was the first ever game shown for the DC. So this was either already in dev for the m2 (Goes against all ive ever heard about it) or its a very very early version of the DC game...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

On this Picture there is something to the left of the tv... cant tell what it is tho. Might help to date these pictures tho?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Yakumo

Yakumo Pillar of the Community *****

THose above screens of the GC intro are taken from what should have been the M2 version. When I get some time I'll add pictures of the D2 beta of Dreamcast D2 along side the final versions. You'll notice that the 1st version of Dreamcast D2 used far less polygons than the finished version. But for now enjoy this shot from Beta Shenmue.
    [​IMG]

Got loads of Shenmue Beta shots that those bastards over at Shenmue Dojo stole and didn't even give me credit for them :smt019

Yakumo

6. sayin999

sayin999 Officer at Arms

some pics

here are some for rev limit for nintendo 64

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. sorry for the offtopic, but sayin, that is an awesome avatar - seen Jersey Girl yet?

I'm afraid I don't have anything interesting to share - have a good bit of movies, but no pictures.. :Hangman:

8. Paulo

Paulo PoeticHalo

So the first old style M2 version was abandone way before the M2 production stoped then?!

As those pictures of laura and the plane are the FMV of the start on the DC version...

9. Yakumo

No, those pictures of Lara are not from the DC or M2 version since Lara looks different in both versions. The pictures shown are the same as Lara from D1. My guess is that Kenji Endo (warp) were planing D2 while still making D1. This explains why the modle of Lara is the same as D1 when the M2 and DC D2 screens clearly show a Lara with straight hair. I think that In the end Warp just used the old movie then changed the models with more modern versions for the Dreamcast intro.

I'd love to see the M2 D2 running. The quality blows away what the PSX or Saturn and even the N64 could do.

Yakumo

10. Doshin

Doshin Newly Registered

A couple from Dinosaur Planet, before it made its way to the N64:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Conker, before he got nasty:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And Mario Kart 64, featuring all new characters and a different title screen:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll post more later if I get chance, but they're all from the same website which I wholly recommend for this sort of thing. There are 8 pages of Shenmue beta pics on the Dreamcast section...

11. wombat

wombat SEGA!

wow I never seen any pictures of Dinosour Planet when it still was an N64 game. (although I did hear and read about it) .. the N64 fans would have died for that game to get it released... It looks really good!

12. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Lemon Party Organizer and Promoter

How about a link? Those pics didn't show up.

I don't have this linked on my page yet b/c I goofed up and didn't update this in my most recent update, but...

http://dynamic5.gamespy.com/~japangaming/video_index.cgi

The first one is a sampler (from a playable beta version) of Atomic Runner Chelnov for the Saturn, which was eventually axed (for good reason).

13. Yakumo

gaijinPunch, love the new layout of your site. Much easier to get around now :)

Yakumo

14. zangardo

zangardo Guest

Those pictures of the FMV for M2 D2 came from a Japanese 3DO LIVE! CD number 9. Really great to see the FMV in action.

15. The_Squeege

The_Squeege Guest

16. retro

retro Resigned from mod duty 15 March 2018

The white thing is a Simpsons video! Its obviously just a living room... hmm. The things under that look like DVDs.

Don't see how that helps date the pics... If we knew the release date of that vid, it'd just tell us the pic was taken sometime AFTER that date!

17. Paulo

Paulo PoeticHalo

Well thats interesting as someone must of had that in their house!

Well if we could date that tape we would know they would of developed it some time before/after the M2 was on the road to the dump!

That would be nice... Seeing as its DC D2 story but its meant to be a whole new developent after that M2 version. . .

18. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Lemon Party Organizer and Promoter

Thanks! I aim to please.

About those Shenmue vids -- is that from the "What's Shenmue" video? (Not the game)

19. sayin999

sayin999 Officer at Arms

haven't seen it yet

Greatsaintlouis i haven't seen jersey girl yet. I'm debating it as it is a bit of a different style of movie for a smith movie. I will most likely wait till it comes out on dvd (by then clerks 10 aniversery will be on dvd) :smt043. But smith ussally does make a great movie either way. Thanks for the compliment on the avatar. So far this post is going pretty good.

20. Yakumo

THe video which the above picture came from is taken from a Japanese beta of Shenmue not the Shenmue video. THese beta movies were once available to see on Japanese TV when the showed some Shenmue confrence back in 1998 or early 1999. I have more shots of Ryo looking through some keys and some unknown places and characters.

Yakumo