unreleased 32x games

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by 123lkik, Jun 7, 2006.

1. DreamTR

DreamTR Enthusiastic Member

Yakumo: I don't have the time to get videos of them up and running, unfortunately.

2. Yakumo

Yakumo Pillar of the Community *****

No time to make even one video? :crying: You could always lend them to me so I could make the videos :thumbsup:

yakumo

3. DreamTR

yakumo: There's a lot more involved with it than you think. I have to pull the games out of boxes, then hook up a 32X, then get a VCR connected to the TV and find a blank tape, tape it, then send it off? I don't exactly have the following: video camera for easier recording, and TIME for any of this. I also don't get much out of the whole ordeal, so I usually don't pull out anything unless I am selling it.

4. Barc0de

Barc0de Mythical Member from Time Immemorial

..or dating it..her i mean. lol

5. DreamTR

barcode: LOL

6. Fonzie

Fonzie Peppy Member

lol
    No risk those things could bitrot after more than 10years
    Or you already dumped those?
    Btw, i had a movie from the xmen mojo world demo cartridge... i'll try to find it if someone interested.

7. Yakumo

You are talking to the guy who produces a monthly game show ;-) I know all about getting stuff from boxes, recording and so on. Not so much trouble to me. Plus you shouldn't do things just to get something from it. Well, in a way you would be getting something, the gratitude of many gamers across the globe :nod:

Oh well. I guess we'll all have to still wait.

@Fonzie - If you can find that tape it would be most appreciated !! I can even host it if you need a place for it to be uploaded to.:thumbsup:

Yakumo

8. Paulo

Paulo PoeticHalo

Sorry i think we need to start charging him to come onto the site from now on. We dont get anything from all the hard work people put in here for him just to see it for free. Oh and im pretty sure hes not made a single penny from being able to use this site either...

:thumbsup:

9. Taemos

Taemos Officer at Arms

Agreed.

Why do you have "Forum Moderator" in your signature?

10. Paulo

Paulo PoeticHalo

I had changed the "Moderator" tag under my name before (but its back now) and it stands out more to new comers. Whyyy?

11. DreamTR

Paulo: That's a pretty bold statement, this site actually has caused me more HARM than good I hate to say. I've had deals gone bad, people file PayPal claims on me, industry complaints, etc. It's not like I have been going on this forum selling hundreds of items or anything, it's just a good way to get your items out in the open, but why should I go and dig out stuff that cost me a lot of money for free and then have to see you give me some kind of sarcastic comment about owing thanks to this site? That's a pretty indecent remark, especially for a moderator? It's actually uncalled for.

Yakumo wrote:
    " You are talking to the guy who produces a monthly game show I know all about getting stuff from boxes, recording and so on. Not so much trouble to me. Plus you shouldn't do things just to get something from it. Well, in a way you would be getting something, the gratitude of many gamers across the globe Oh well. I guess we'll all have to still wait."

Yakumo, a lot of people get ticked off when you don't dump carts and give them away for free. If I paid $$$ for something, I want to be compensated for it back since I am going to devalue it when it is not dumped. Whether anyone likes it or not, there are many collectors who will not go after certain games that are already freely available on the web, which hurts the collectors' market, but helps the community player market out tremedously. I am looking out for my costs, which is nothing out of the ordinary.

12. Paulo

Paulo PoeticHalo

No ones asking you to go and release your collection of things. But saying your not willing to make abit of effort for people here because your not making anything out of it isnt really a very good reason. I can understand if you really really couldnt do it because you were really busy but from your statement if you had something to gain from it then you would of been ok with it.

If no one was willing to go out of their way to show people things around here then there wouldnt be any point in Kevin spending alot of money and time to give you the pleasure of being part of the community that this place is meant to be.

13. DreamTR

Paulo: I listed everything I would have had to do to get a videotape of what he was asking. I do not have time like I said, and what he was asking was unreasonable based on the situation at hand. Please read what I would have had to do again to provide him with a videotape of these games in action. What's worse is that his response was more of an act that I SHOULD do it anyway, and time is not an excuse, when I specifically mentioned all the other components needed.

Also, I respect what this board is and does for people, but giving me the pleasure of being part of the community this place is meant to be? We are both trying to help each other in this sense. I have a good amount of stuff I would like to share, but for a lot of the same old reasons why people complain about those that "horde" things, we get turned away based on the attitudes of people making things a bit more grandiose than they should be.

I've been involved with sharing a LOT of games for the community, and I am sure I have been doing it longer than most people have been even coming to this website. Because it is not posted here often does not mean it does not exist, that's all I am saying.

So again, I made a thread about the games, and we can discuss this further if anyone is interested in acquiring dumps of these for the community. I just want to make sure I am compensated for the losses I would take based on how much the game is worth and/or how much I paid for it.

14. Yakumo

I made a post saying that you SHOULD do it? Sorry if you took it the wrong way but I just thought your excuse was lame. I didn't pacifically request a video at all. Even a picture that's never been seen before would be most welcome by others. How long can that take? 15 minutes tops after getting out the system, taking a picture the editing? I have a full time job, work after hours, run an online store (20 to 30 orders per week), a internet game show and a site plus have to spend time with the wife and friends. So I know what busy is. Saying that, if you don't have a digital camera or video capture card then I fully understand why you must take a video.

Yakumo

Last edited: Sep 16, 2006
  15. DreamTR

Yakumo: The game is buried in my closet, that does not take 15 minutes to get to. Hooking up a 32x with all the stuff I have? Not 15 minutes either. Video Capture Card? Nope, I do not. Digital Camera, 810K pixels, so yeah, I can take pics of these games, as I have done in the past when I have time for unreleased NES and Genesis stuff, but not unless I am digging on purpose. If you saw how many games I had, and how things are packed away here, you might understand why I don't dig through everything here to try and get you one digital camera shot.

Also, you wrote this:

No time to make even one video? You could always lend them to me so I could make the videos

Looks like you asked me for a video there ;)

16. Yakumo

That was a joke. British humour. Well, I own over 700 Saturn games, 400 DC games, and over 100 other stuff so I can sort of guess what your closet looks like. We'll leave it there I guess.
    Yakumo

17. DreamTR

10,000+ games in a one bedroom apartment= madness.

18. smf

smf mamedev

19. sayin999

sayin999 Officer at Arms

Wait, didnt virtua fighter get a 32x release in japan? How could that not have moved units.

20. wheelaa

wheelaa FM Towns / MD Addict Site Supporter 2010-2015

Yeah it was released in japan.