unreleased 32x games

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by 123lkik, Jun 7, 2006.

1. 123lkik

123lkik Spirited Member

does anyone have any unreleased 32x videos. roms. etc.

2. Micjohvan

Micjohvan Familiar Face

I have the Ecco Rom, its of the trailer shown at 95 E3 I think. Its a full motion video about 20 seconds long that shows the ecco logo coming across the ocean and then ecco jumps through the letter O.

Its awsome quality and ran on real 32x hardware. However the saze for that short video was immense, hints the reason we never saw any full motion video out of 32x. It could do it, but the carts were no where near big enough.

The quality is far better then sega cd so it looks cool.

Also there is supposed to be a beta or alpha flaoting around of Virtua Hamster. It was a game where you raced around in hamster tubing with other animals and such. I have had no luck finding it though.

If you want the ecco one I would gladdly post it up. it was never released and as such the rom isnt illeagle (i dont think anyway)

3. ASSEMbler

ASSEMbler Administrator Staff Member

Someone bought the cart for hamster, but I don't think it's dumped.

Rumors are virtua fighter and daytona, and panzer dragoon.

4. madhatter256

madhatter256 Illustrious Member

Then there is the rumored build of Sonic Xtreme demo that they used to pitch the idea to Sega of America.

That ecco video could have been done if they released the game on the SegaCD/32x, like the 32x version of NightTrap which includes better quality video than the basic Sega CD version.

5. wheelaa

wheelaa FM Towns / MD Addict Site Supporter 2010-2015

Please do:). I don't remember ever seeing it and would be very interested to. Great machine the 32x.

6. Micjohvan

Micjohvan Familiar Face

I know the hamster thing has been dumped. Some forum I found was talking about it back in like 2004. Apparently its just really hard to find.

here is a link to a page with ALL the info on Ecco for the 32X. It even includes the link to the rom, this is where I got my rom. It has pics, and even images of the PCB. Apparently the video was made with cinepack. Anyway read that page to get all the info on it.

http://www.epicgaming.us/darksea/sat32x.php

7. KaL_YoshiKa

KaL_YoshiKa Commandent Lurker

I had though that Hamster hadn't been dumped, you'd expect it wouldn't be too hard to find if it had been, since it's one of the most interesting titles unreleased for the system.

8. 123lkik

123lkik Spirited Member

does anyone have x-men mojo world

9. 123lkik

123lkik Spirited Member

does anyone have the video for shadow of atlantis

10. Buyatari

Buyatari Well Known Member

Xmen does exist. Search the web and you should find it and its owner.

I know a collector with a STACK of hampsters. 8-10 total. Coulda sworn he sold off a few in the past but I could be wrong. I assumed that it HAD to be dumped.

1 more game is out there in collector hands that no one has mentioned but I'll keep that one to myself..........until its in my hands.

11. Yakumo

Yakumo Pillar of the Community *****

Virtua Fighter was released mate or at least in Europe it was. NOt a patch on the Saturn version which is also cack compared to the arcade but still quite nice for a 32X.

Yakumo

12. Blur2040

Blur2040 Game Genie

Virtua Fighter was released. I own it. Quite nice...if you like Virtua Fighter.

We've talked about Panzer Dragoon and Daytona for 32x before...I know we've had screenshots for both of em...maybe video as well...I don't recall.

I do recall hearing about a well known collector owning Virtual Hamster on one of the forums I frequent...and theres only three. Here, Digitpress, and Atariage. I suspect Atariage though....there are some big time collectors there with lots o' money. I coulda swore whoever it was planned on dumping it though...maybe it is out there.

13. wheelaa

wheelaa FM Towns / MD Addict Site Supporter 2010-2015

Cheers, very interesting read.

And japan too mate;-) . Its good fun at least (and seems to play faster than the saturn version)

Last edited: Jun 8, 2006
  14. DreamTR

DreamTR Enthusiastic Member

FYI, I have unreleased versions of:

Soulstar
    Spot Goes to Hollywood
    X-Men Mojo World
    Virtua Hamster

15. Yakumo

Yakumo Pillar of the Community *****

Any chance of videos of them running?

Yakumo

16. Taemos

Taemos Officer at Arms

Someone here had a copy of Virtual Hamster, but didn't have a lot of luck dumping it. I completely forgot his name, though...

17. virtual alan

virtual alan Officer at Arms

Now what a cool idea for a game

Why haven`t "N" thought of this to go with the rest of them :shrug:

18. Anthaemia.

Anthaemia. The Original VF3 Fangirlâ„¢

Sonic X-Treme isn't just a rumour, as Chris Senn has plenty of documentation (and even some early test footage) to confirm that it was in development at one point for the 32X. Virtua Fighter managed a better frame rate than the supposedly better Saturn version, so how can you say it was a total failure? Also, didn't Yakumo upload screen captures from a video quite a while back showing the 32X prototypes of Daytona USA and Panzer Dragoon?

I don't actually have anything from unreleased 32X software, but if I checked through my old collection of magazines I'm fairly sure that I could provide some early pictures of Kolibri (sp?) and the "Sonic Mars" video that was later turned into a motion ride and featured in Sonic Jam - providing anyone is interested, that is. Then again, there might be a few other surprises that I've forgotten about over the years hiding within all those pages as well...

19. Alchy

Alchy Illustrious Member

I'd love to see anything about a Sonic game on 32X.

20. Anthaemia.

Anthaemia. The Original VF3 Fangirlâ„¢

As I mentioned before, Chris Senn has a few test animations from Sonic X-Treme when it was still being produced for the 32X, and there's also the "Sonic Ride" clip featured in Sonic Jam. While this was actually taken from a motion simulator, I recall certain magazines using pictures in relation to a project codenamed Sonic Mars. Of course, Mars was the original development title for the 32X, so presumably journalists at the time were getting confused between the early version of X-Treme and something completely different.