Unreal Engine 3 PS Vita Source Code

Discussion in 'File Downloads - Share and Request' started by udkultimate, Nov 10, 2016.

1. udkultimate

udkultimate Rapidly Rising Member

"Will they go after you if you keep it homebrew/free? Probably not"

That`s what I want, release a free game engine that will allow anyone create a free homebrew game which runs only on hacked consoles (this will never run on retail consoles). So this will fall under the category of homebrew apps, which althought not officially supported by console`s companies, however, never was considered a crime.

The consoles source code and stuff, is not included on my modded version of UDK Engine, rather, I recompiled and embeded all the consoles dll inside the UDKGame.exe, so my UDK Ultimate Engine, is exactly identical the original UDK Engine, the files included are exactly the same files included in the original UDK, just some exe files were modified and recompiled.

I will not distribute any console SDK files, nor any Unreal Engine 3 Source Code, just I hacked and modded the original UDK Engine to allow anyone export the game to Consoles.

2. mairsil

mairsil Officer at Arms

Sorry, I misspoke. I meant that they probably wouldn't go after you if you released homebrew games. If you are modifying the engine and releasing the engine with console-specific files (unless you completely reverse-engineered the entire SDK), they aren't going to let you do that. That includes rolling the files up into an executable and just using that. By having an export option in the engine, that means you have console-specific/NDA'd code in there.

They still might not go after you, but at that point, you are directly competing with their business model and NDA's. And yes, this is illegal (civil at least, though the DMCA could be invoked). And no, it doesn't matter that it is just homebrew, and no it doesn't matter that it is a currently unsupported console/handheld.

3. doulomb

doulomb Robust Member

It may be possible for you to release this on github under a license which adheres to the terms set out by Epic. I believe that as long as you include their stipulations (no commercial use etc.) you should be fine.

If not, another possibility is to release patches or a script which takes the respective SDKs (which must be acquired separately) and automates the folder setup and shaders so that it works without users needing to configure it manually. This is definitely legal since you are not providing the files themselves.

-doulomb

4. XCLR8

XCLR8 Member

I love this idea as well it looks good on the vita but since ue4 is coming to the vita why not just use that instead? Armature studio is willing to provide the code to anyone who is allowed to develop for the sony platforms.

5. udkultimate

"Armature studio is willing to provide the code to anyone who is allowed to develop for the sony platforms"

Yeah, I know this, however, I contacted them, and they told they are working on the port, and are only going to release their source code after releasing the game blootstained. And recently the release date of the game bloodstained was delayed to sometime on 2018. And I fear that maybe they don`t get the game (UE4) running on Vita and Wii u at the quality expected by Mr. Koji Igarashi, so they may even cancell the release on these platform (nothing can avoid them, they can even refund some of the backers which opted for these possible cancelled platforms). So is nothing certain at the moment. There was a game, a cool racing game, Project Cars, was being developed for Wii u (alongside Xbone and PS4), but in the end the devs opted to cancell the game on wii u because it did not meet the expectations of quality. So maybe bloodstained could be ported to Wii u and Vita using another engine, like Unity, which is very well supported on Vita and Wii u. But UE3 works perfectly on PS Vita, I purchased the game 2013 Infected Wars for PS Vita, althought is not the best zombie shooter out there, but it is trully beautifull on PS Vita Screen, and it runs on UE3, perfectly, no lags, a very solid game.

Thanks.

6. XCLR8

XCLR8 Member

Did not realize that game was UE3 I was under the impression that Borderlands was the only one. But at any rate I wish I could help somehow but my skills are alas not in this area. I do see this a a huge benefit to the community as a whole. Not many of us can gain full dev access to Unreal Engine so having the UDK be compatible with Vita would be amazing.

7. udkultimate

Hello bro, I came from the game hacking/modding comunity. I actually has a job of web designer, but i love game development, is a trully passion, from since I was a kid. Maybe someday I will work on games for profit, commercially, but for now on, is just for trully passion and love of game design.

Sometimes I feel creating games for hobby lets you be more creative and have more freedom, if you see, sometimes hackers and modders create some cool and amazing games even better than great studios. Just take a look at the folks on goldeneyevault.com, they reverse engineered the game Goldeneye 007 N64, and created even a game editor for the game, and if you see, today, Goldeneye 007 X, is even more advanced than what the original devs have done.

So imagine, if we have UDKU (UDK Ultimate) being able to create free games for PS Vita, imagine how many cool games could appear!!! Even know with Henkaku Hack, I think this would trully ressurrect the PS Vita Scene!

I, myself, have the idea of creating Gears of War Portable Ops :) :) :)

I want to mix the universe of Gears of War 1, 2 and 3, and create some alternative story, and a lot of blood and gore :) for PS Vita. Imagine, GOW for PS Vita!!! Never Sony nor EPIC imagined this!!!

kennypecheur likes this.
  8. XCLR8

XCLR8 Member

Yes!!! I have been thinking about doing an alternate story for Gears for some time as well! Glad to see another Gears fan. We should definitely talk about this. Check out my moddb www.moddb.com/members/cr4zyw3ld3r I helped port gears characters from the newer games to the PC build.
    Been trying to get a hold of Gears 3 PC build on here but no one wants to oblige :C

9. geowhyte

geowhyte Newly Registered

XCLR8 same if you do find it give me a shout please and conciding i know your looking for it il give you a shout if a find it