Unofficial Deunan's GDEMU Thread

Discussion in 'Sega Dreamcast Development and Research' started by duskdawn, Jul 8, 2015.

1. dragoncity

dragoncity Rapidly Rising Member

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
  2. truemaster1

truemaster1 Gutsy Member

32kb clusters fat32. try different sd card

3. dragoncity

Yes it's my next mission,because for the moment random freeze..I don't like.

I launch a game doesn't work..I launch AGAIN the same game..WORK !! o_O

4. Anthony817

Anthony817 Familiar Face

Yeah I have an off brand 32gb SDHC card I bought back in 2010 or so. I use that for my system but it is easily corrupted when transferring all files from a GDI at once. I found that when I transfer just the largest file solo, then add the other smaller ones at once I have better success rate. Try this maybe too?

It seems my 4GB Lexar SDHC card is fine. So if I can't load games up on my larger 32gb card I tend to place them on the smaller one and it is fine.

This is mine here the 4gb I am talking about, also here is my cardboard insert and more pictures if anybody is interested.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

I used some cardboard from my nieces McDonald's Happy Meal as it was the perfect thickness, had a bend in it already and exact length with very little trimming needed to be done. It fits very snugly in there and really helps direct the air over the PSU and out the fan exhaust.

fafadou likes this.
  5. 8bitplus

8bitplus Gutsy Member

So removing the 12v regulator affects RGB output.
    I take it that the removal of the 12v line disables the RGB switch on scart pins 8 and 16
    Pin 8 = RGB Switch
    pin 16 = RGB blanking
    I guess that the 5v output could be used with a lower value resistor in the cable.
    Pin 4 (12v) on the Dreamcast AV port could be isolated and linked to pin 4 (5v)

6. Teddy Rogers

Teddy Rogers Spirited Member

I would err on the side of caution by removing the 12v power supply. I've never experienced a stable Dreamcast after doing this. Don't know if it's just me doing it wrong, other people seem to have reported having no problems.

I am using using Rufus to FAT32 format with 64kb cluster sizes. I haven't had any problems yet...

Ted.

7. dragoncity

Ok I buy a new MicroSD and DreamPSU so after that I will come back,very strange lost sound in Get Bass 2 after a moment...

8. dragoncity

With SD CARD MAKER you can rename your games..but if you change the card or anything you will do again..

So with my friend "Magus" we created an script who rename GDI GAMES as the name of the folder ! :)

Compatible with GDI and GDI OPT (Optimized).

[​IMG]

So after just drop your folders in "SD CARD MAKER",they are already renamed :)

Download Rename GDI

Put "insert.exe" and "Rename GDI.bat" in your GDI folders,and launch ! :)
    (No point (.) in the name of the folder !! )

Enjoy ! :)

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
    Woofmute, fafadou and Anthony817 like this.
  9. zouzzz

zouzzz Site Supporter 2013

Salut dragoncity,
    Je n'ai pas compris à quoi ça sert de renommer ces dossiers, peux-tu m'expliquer stp ?
    Merci.

10. dragoncity

Salut :)

Lorsque tu importes les GDI dans le logiciel ils sont renommés automatiquement grace au contenu dans les tracks (si je dis pas de betise je dirai track03).
    En renommant seulement track01 cela changeait dans le menu mais ensuite cela bugue donc pour bien faire on a renomme a l'interieur de track01 et track03.

Maintenant a quoi cela sert exactement?
    Tout simplement quand j'importais les jeux je devais a chaque fois renommer par le logiciel..donc quand t'as une liste de plus de 100 jeux..ben c'est chiant..

Donc j'ai demandé a Magus de créé un script permettant de renommer comme le nom du dossier GDI,car mes dossiers GDI sont tous bien nommés.

Comme ça si je change de carte microsd...ou si je ne veux pas m'embeter a tout renommer,je lance mon script cela renomme tous mes GDI et j'ai juste a les faire glisser dans son logiciel..et c'est tout :)

En esperant avoir ete clair :)

zouzzz likes this.
  11. -=FamilyGuy=-

-=FamilyGuy=- Site Supporter 2049

It'd be much more simple to just create a script that'd extract the list from GDMenu image, allow you to modify it, then rebuild the image.

12. dragoncity

No because if you want to change sd card or add game it's not easier...

Now I just need to drop..no more...

You have to edit your file again .. not me..

After I share if you have better share your script :)

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
  13. -=FamilyGuy=-

-=FamilyGuy=- Site Supporter 2049

You could simply rescan the sd-card and decide to keep or add games, better yet, put a game.json file in each folder with the metadata for the game and use that by default, use the GDI only if there are none.

I always modify my list manually, so I haven't made any script.

I suggest this only as a more efficient alternative, if your current approach works for you, then keep it ;).

Cheers l'ami!

14. Anthony817

Anthony817 Familiar Face

Hey guys, kinda off topic, but I was looking around to see if any news on GDMenu getting any kind of update was posted and noticed neuroacid hasn't logged into the site since October 21st 2017, almost a year. Does anybody know if he is ok or if he has contact info anywhere else? I just hope the guy is alright.

truemaster1 likes this.
  15. Teddy Rogers

Teddy Rogers Spirited Member

His contact info is in the readme.txt file in GDMenu if memory serves me correctly. Have you tried emailing him?

It would be good if he could put the source code on GitHub or something...

Ted.

16. Anthony817

Anthony817 Familiar Face

No not tried contacting, but just wondered if anybody here has spoken to him in that time. Just hope the guy is doing ok and something didn't happen to him.

17. Mrneo240

Mrneo240 Peppy Member

I'd love to see the source of any version.

Could be neat to do up an entire fancy menu, with all the credit towards neuroacid

Blockhead, truemaster1 and Anthony817 like this.
  18. Anthony817

Anthony817 Familiar Face

I will email him and see if he replies. If so I will ask if he could release the source for the community to take a crack at updating it with new features.

Blockhead and fafadou like this.
  19. kyo86sg

kyo86sg Intrepid Member

I have a Asian Dreamcast HKT-3010, would the GDEmu be compatible with asian/ japanese Dreamcast?

Many thanks

20. Anthony817

Anthony817 Familiar Face

It has to be a VA1 revision. VA0 and VA2 are not supported. So as long as it shows a circle with a 1 inside it on the bottom of the console it will work.

So for instance on a PAL version it would look like this.

[​IMG]

Same thing with any NTSC consoles as well. As long as it has a 1 inside the circle you are good to go.