UIX2 WIP builds

Discussion in 'Xbox (Original console)' started by weinerschnitzel, Oct 21, 2014.

1. weinerschnitzel

weinerschnitzel Spirited Member

I was given an archive for WIP UIX2 builds and permission to share it.

AFAIK, it's finished with the exception of a completed skin.

Some people that do not have access to EmuXtras FTP have asked me to share it publicly. I think I'm in the clear to share this here, if not let me know!

Big UIX2 package: https://www.dropbox.com/s/w5yvy1baxqp6x5h/_uix.7z?dl=0

ImOkRuOk's custom dash with lots of assets: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3qmsspkq6wl3op8/UIX 1.5.7z?dl=0

Stable dash I customized a little bit: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rxqcl6oe5gvd5jx/UIX2-WS.7z?dl=0

Odb718's nearly finished Halo 2 skin:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
  2. windforce3425

windforce3425 Newly Registered

thank you for releasing it! :)

3. ToxicMedz

ToxicMedz Enthusiastic Member

Thanks for sharing these.
    Odd I just ran into this Dash the other night and had no Idea what it was, saw a video on youtube of a xbox that booted that dash.
    Interesting that it would become available shortly after that lol

4. bennydiamond

bennydiamond Gutsy Member

Really cool. I always liked UIX.

So am I to understand that source code is available to some people? If so, adding LCD support could be possible! I would gladly help to make my upcoming modchip, along with SmartXX and Xecuter 3, compatible.

5. weinerschnitzel

Unfortunately, I didn't get any source code. Hacking in the XMV Player sample would have been a good addition as well. I believe jbone was the only one that had source code. At one time I thought Mattie was hosting a SVN repository, but that wasn't in the "Archive of everything" he gave me. But as I'm told, jbone was finished, and it was up to Mattie and Odb718 to release it when they finished their skins.

There was also a "user.interface.x.tools" package that had a .NET version of Xbox Neighborhood and WinXIP. UIX2 as an XBDM service so it makes a great dash for a modded retail/debug kit.

Sadly, I think most of that stuff is across a great digital divide. I never did see jbone when I went to chat with the old UIX team in IRC.

I threw in some new meshes and modified the big X so it looks right with the Project Mayhem arms:

uix_spkiey_smooth_zps2efb12a7.png

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  6. fxmech

fxmech Active Member

... I will search. Less than a year ago I may have seen that .tools package.

If it goes anything like finding the Xbox skins dump, I'll let you know the status in a couple months. :)

7. dark ricardo

dark ricardo Active Member

8. weinerschnitzel

I got to head back home and visit my folks and I came across some loose xbox parts. One of these hard drives might have ODB718's lost SmoothSide meshes. As you can see in the screenie above, someone was able to recover the SpikeySide meshes and share them with me.

Will post back if I can recover any of the SmoothSide meshes.

Hope that tools pack shows up. :)

EDIT: HDD is locked, I need to buy an ide/sata to usb adaptor and unlock it with xboxhdm 2.2 and the WD master password.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
  9. Kursebi

Kursebi Newly Registered

Hi! When play games from original DVDs through UIX 2.0. and press eject button, console won't return back to dashboard. It freezes or says "dirty disc". I have this issue only in UIX dashboards. How can it be fixed? I 'm mainly using stable version (last link in first post).

10. weinerschnitzel

I would hope it works in ImOkRuOk's dash. But if it doesn't work in any of the builds in the archive, there isn't much hope.