UCAS question...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Dr_Slump, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Dr_Slump

Dr_Slump Intrepid Member

I finished my UCAS application and I am waiting for my welcome letter that contains the application number in order to "log into track".
    My question is... will I have the option to choose my preferred university if I get accepted in more than one from my selection or will UCAS decide for me?

2. oli_lar

oli_lar Resolute Member

You mean out of the six you have chosen? You have to put a 1st choice and then 2nd choice. IIRC you HAVE to go to your 1st choice if you get the grades required grades. Its been a few years since I did it so I might be mistaken.

3. Dr_Slump

Dr_Slump Intrepid Member

My choices have been listed alphabetically by the institution code and I didn't see a way to list them by preference... and my first choice (M80) came last that way :(

According to the log, it goes like this:

Choices

City University (C60)

Computer Science with Games Technology (3 years or 4 year SW) (G490)

Campus: Main Site (-) Live at home?: Yes Start date: September 2008 Deferred entry?: No Point of entry:

University of East London (E28)

Graphic Design with Computer Games Design (W290)

Campus: Main Site (-) Live at home?: Yes Start date: September 2008 Deferred entry?: No Point of entry:

University of East London (E28)

Computer Games Design with Contemporary Art & Visual Media (W2WX)

University of Greenwich (G70)

Computing with Games Development (G4G6)

Campus: Greenwich Maritime (University Campus) (G) Live at home?: Yes Start date: September 2008 Deferred entry?: No Point of entry:

Middlesex University (M80)

Computing, Graphics and Games with Foundation Year (G459)

Campus: Hendon Campus (H) Live at home?: Yes Start date: September 2008 Deferred entry?: No Point of entry:

Last edited: Jun 13, 2008
  4. the_steadster

the_steadster Site Soldier

They're still taking applications for 08 entry? wow.
    What happened when I submitted mine (in october 05 for starting sept 06) was I got interviews from 5 out of 6, the 6th gave me a straight offer, and once all of them had given me an offer (or just made a decision) you got a deadline, for me it was sometime in may after all offers came in in january. You could either reject them all (go through clearing), accept just one, or take an insurance and a firm offer.
    If you meet the firm offer you must go there, and if you miss the firm but manage the insurance you must go to the insurance (not certain about the last point).
    In a nutshell, you don't need to do anything until they have all replied to you - Good Luck

5. Dr_Slump

Dr_Slump Intrepid Member

Thanks very much for the info, steadster =)