trying to sell my Neo Geo CDZ console on ebay no luck , need some suggestions

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by s8n, Jan 13, 2018.

1. s8n

s8n Gutsy Member

hi members , i've been trying to sell my Neo Geo CDZ console with some free extras for about 4-5 months on ebay and i've had a couple of PM's from dodgy countries but nothing else. I am trying to sell it in Australia only but i think it has come time to maybe try and sell it to other reputable countries what do you think ?

if i'm correct as well i need to bump up the cost to compensate for ebay fees. I did sell Twinkle Star Sprites Neo Geo CD to a nice guy in Sweden and i got a huge ebay fee for that month. I have sold other Neo CD games in my home country and i never got a huge bill like that before.

i will leave the link to my CDZ below , give me some info and suggestions on what i should do.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/232604470481?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

2. GoodTofuFriday

GoodTofuFriday Site Supporter 2015,2016,2017

IMO gotta be willing to ship to america.

3. Pikmin

Pikmin Fiery Member

I thought the ebay fees were based on the value of item, not whether the buyer was local or international

4. Bramsworth

Bramsworth Well Known Member

Definitely due to not selling it to any US buyers. If others are moving but yours is sitting still that's the most likely answer.

5. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 The Tick

They are

6. TriState294

TriState294 Site supporter 2016

The other element here is that you don't include an A/V cable or working controllers. That's a hard sell to the collection oriented yet still "I play my collection" gamer. The DIYers will probably just end up importing a console from Japan where this was presumably originally from anyways.

7. s8n

s8n Gutsy Member

thanks guys for all the info and help , i have changed shipping to Worldwide hopefully i can get a sale.

8. retro

retro Resigned from mod duty 15 March 2018

Hmm, well you could try:
    1. Listing it in the eBay thread instead of trying to make it more important than anyone else's sale by starting a topic of its own and linking to your auction
    2. Listing it for free on the Marketplace
    3. Listing it on a video gaming forum in your country
    ;)

Honestly, the broken controllers and lack of video lead are probably a turn-off for some. And it would probably have been an idea to have opened one of the boxes (if they're not sealed) to show the laser unit. As for the price, one with 2 games, PSU and video lead but no controllers sold for $450 and a boxed one for $425 (albeit with high shipping) from Japan.... so maybe your local gamers are looking for a perfect unit in that price range? Would it be better to sell the lenses on their own, perhaps?

By the way, Mexico IS in South America... its inclusion in your excluded list is redundant.

9. MonkeyBoyJoey

MonkeyBoyJoey 70's Robot Anime GEPPY-X (PS1) Fanatic

Mexico is in North America.... South America is the entire continent below Panama, which connects the two continents. In between Mexico and Panama is what is commonly referred to as Central America over here in the US, though this area is still technically part of North America.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
  10. Ryudo

Ryudo SEGA!

If I had more money and you shipped to the US I'd buy it. I'm just a poor person :( My eBay history tho shows I always pay right away.