Trying to find an old Japanese / Chinese (?) PC game

Discussion in 'Microsoft DOS/V and Windows Games' started by StriderVM, Jun 25, 2014.

1. StriderVM

StriderVM Peppy Member

I have played this game from a (pirate) CD when our first PC (An AMD 486 100 PC) was just bought. Even looking at certain websites and even Japanese PC systems (Like the Sharp X68000) this is one of the games that I still haven't found yet.....

Here are the things I remember from that game.....

- The game seems to be a square grid based strategy game similar to Fire Emblem / Super Robot Taisen and similar games. The game quality seems to be Japanese (The graphics are simple but very polished), but I don't remember having to boot to DOS/V unlike Japanese games so I'm assuming it is a Japanese game translated to Chinese. No ecchi/hentai scenes as well. So Elf is out of the question I think.

- I "think" the publisher is Tan Ton Nerw, but then a lot of Chinese PC games have been published by them so I might be misremembering.

- The game seems to run on a high resolution mode looking like 640x480. Unlike games like Fire Emblem / Dragon Knight 4, when a battle occurs, no seperate graphics/screen transition happens, it is just these SD Style map sprites doing the casting and doing the attacks themselves. Also the color pallete seems modern 256 colors at least, which probably means the game isn't an early nineties game.

- The first character you see in the game seems to be either a female nurse / healer type, and she seems to protect these children to those soldiers.

- The second character that joins in the game is a knight with blond hair, reminds me of Gourry from Slayers except less dumber.... :p

- The third character that joins is a child that seems to fit the "thief" archetype, mischevious and quick. The first map/scenario you see the child is that he seems to do something (Stealing something perhaps?) and the goal of the map is that the thief randomly teleports around the small map and the goal is to just hit the thief once, after that he joins the group.

- The fourth character to join is the elf/archer archetype and another male one I think. There might be more recruitable characters, but I don't remember them anymore.

- One of the more unique objectives in one map is the child that the group is protecting, in one map/scenario, the child falls in a raging river while there are enemy soldiers, to the goal is to save the child while trying to beat the enemy soldiers that are in your way, you cannot exactly go in the raging river but the river has some oversized tree branches that can be used so you can reach the child, if the child reaches the end of the map/waterfall, the scenario is failed and you will need to restart again.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
  2. myloch

myloch Rising Member

Nana Eiyū Monogatari II?

Demonatas, sa1 and StriderVM like this.
  3. StriderVM

StriderVM Peppy Member

Holy crap. I didn't even think someone would be able to help me! One of my childhood mystery is solved! Thanks man. =)

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016