Translucent Green vs Halo Edition color

Discussion in 'Xbox (Original console)' started by kreg, Dec 6, 2018.

1. kreg

kreg Spirited Member

Has there ever been a comparison of the Translucent Green Crystal Xbox, next to the Halo Edition Xbox? I'm wondering if they are actually the same color. The first was sold in Europe (and I'm assuming Canada, just like the Crystal Blue was). The Halo one was sold in the US. Are both the same color, with only a decal to make them different?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_(console)_special_limited_editions#Translucent_Green

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_(console)_special_limited_editions#Halo_(Translucent_Green,_US)

2. Conte Zero

Conte Zero Rising Member

According to this source they should be the same, only with the decal:

Xbox Halo Edition / Green Crystal

The Green Crystal came out only with the motherboard version 1.2. Microsoft has made quite accurate information, so you know that the Crystal has been produced only in China and only in the calendar weeks 8 and 9 in 2003. The factory lines with 2, 5, 6 are known. Thus, a clear picture also results from the barcode. The US console additionally bears the inscription "Halo Edition" on the front. Later appeared in the US The "Halo2 Edition" instead of green now blue was transparent. This edition is unknown (estimated at 5000) and quite popular among collectors. A total of 200,000 units were produced, Microsoft confirmed officially.

3. thePiratePimp

thePiratePimp Newly Registered

I've got the Debug Kit, the Translucent Green & the Halo SE and I can't tell a difference in color between the 3 of them. To me they all appear to be the exact same color.

Hope this helps.