Total Vice running in my living room - collection complete!

Discussion in 'Panasonic M2 and 3DO' started by awbacon, Jun 26, 2018.

1. awbacon

awbacon Robust Member

https://imgur.com/a/MbOeWD1

Finally found Total Vice. Then I found a second one. In 24 hours haha.

So I finally have every M2 game released by Konami with the ability to play them. Tobe! Polystars / Evil Night / Total Vice / Battle Tryst / Heat of Eleven ‘98.

Sadly I didn’t have time to play Total Vice, but just tested it. I’ll get a chance to play soon but work and life are busy as crap and I just wanted to test this.

But I’ve managed to get 5 M2 pcb’s and completed the collection. Still need some original cd’s still.

Fun fact : Total Vice isn’t encrypted with a RTC chip if you are swapping discs with other Total Vice versions. I put 639AAB01 coded disc into a pcb that is set up with 639JAA02 discs and it loaded fine. There was no RTC check on boot either (there is no RTC chip on the pcb stack)

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
    Taijigamer2 and jollyroger like this.
  2. awbacon

awbacon Robust Member

Was trying to embed photo on my iPhone and failed so I hotlinked

3. hotd54me

hotd54me Member

did you swap bios chips from another board, or did you happen to buy a working set of total vice boards??

4. awbacon

awbacon Robust Member

Lol I actually ended up with 2 Total Vice boards. Different versions

5. Johnny

Johnny Gran Turismo Freak and Site Supporter 2013,2015

Congrats on completing the collection!

6. awbacon

awbacon Robust Member

Thanks! I still can’t play Total Vice yet since both my pcb’s are medium res and fail to boot if the dips on the main M2 board are set to standard res.

I need to burn an iso for a standard res Total Vice version and patch it to the AAB or AAC versions. I did that for my Hell Night pcb to get it to run in standard def, but my iso’s for Total Vice don’t want to burn with multiple different burning applications.

I’ll work on it shortly. For now I can watch attract mode and the first enemy pop up in level 1 and kill me repeatedly Lolol

Or I’ll get a medium resolution monitor. My PVM only supports standard def, so def not working on that