Torrent is here!

Discussion in 'Geist Force' started by ASSEMbler, Nov 8, 2012.

1. atreyu187

atreyu187 Intrepid Member

Yay love the rave reviews about the seek times decreased and the much quieter GD-ROM drive not going crazy to try and find the files as that caused a good portion of the crashes as on CDR the DC reads at 6x while GDR/GD-ROM is 12x and the DC can keep up just fine hence why a closely packed filesort was needed. I am testing hybrid levelmash ups and have found some really neat things. Once I get them to work in tandem and maybe get a hold of the RAW files we can see a proper Geist Force v2.0 out there for public use and being able to play the game in ost of it's entirety as it is there just files seem to be lost due to hard linking in Windows as that doesn't work and must be done on Linux or OSX in order for file re-linking to work. This way we can only have one of each needed file saving space and adding room for more of a dummy file to push data back while making the game more complete as well. This will increase loading, boot times, and laser seek times as well as eliminate most random crashes.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  2. modular511

modular511 Rapidly Rising Member

Sooo, Theirs still hope in this being stuck in my mame cab eh? You sir are awesome!

Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  3. atreyu187

I should have the files needed to make it a GDI again sometime tomorrow.

4. Stormwatch

Stormwatch Newly Registered

Wow, my reputation precedes me. :eek: And while DCE is kinda dead now, most old users have moved to BlueGuerilla.org.

5. dvallet

dvallet Newly Registered

Thanks a lot.

6. DCeric

DCeric Rising Member

Right on good to hear I was waiting for this so I can get started working on the video. Still have the copy I bought from you in its plastic wrap in the card board box it came in.

7. dark

dark Dauntless Member

Do you have an analog joystick on your mame cab? Something akin to the joystick to afterburner or planet harriers could fit the bill for aesthetics.

8. APE

APE Site Supporter 2015

Only because I had upwards of 4k posts at DC-Emulation.

9. Jord9622

Jord9622 Site Supporter 2014 Site Benefactor

Would people who purchased disc(s), depending on how many ordered, get this as an update disc in the mail? I thought Assembler mentioned something like this at some point.

10. atreyu187

The improvements while nice arent yet worth pressing on a disc. Legit sent me some stuff I am working on and hopefully get an even better version done once I wrap my head around the files more. Till then this will do you all fine.

11. LeGIt

LeGIt I'm a cunt or so I'm told :P

Just as an FYI the game still has a bumpy ride when played on a Katana and you get the least slowdown playing it on an emulator like nullDC provided you have a decent PC of course. I think this is because Geist Force makes around 700 unique file requests and a few thousand access requests on the first level alone.

I think compromising the integrity of the beta with an improved sort + Small File Archives + nullDC is the best way to experience the game with the least issues for best performance but if that was the case I'd probably junk the PDS videos for zero'd dummy as it will compress a lot smaller meaning less upload and download time.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  12. Yakumo

Yakumo Pillar of the Community *****

I downloaded the repacked game but now need to buy a 800mb CDR :( bummer. I though I had some but they all turned out to be 700mb.

13. Superrayman3

Superrayman3 Peppy Member

Why would you need a 800mb CDR to burn the repack when you can burn this to a 700mb CD.

14. APE

APE Site Supporter 2015

Does anyone still manufacture decent/good quality 800mb CD-Rs these days?

15. Yakumo

I don't know but I sure hope so because the CDI that atreyu187 made won't fit on to a 700mb disc.

16. Superrayman3

Superrayman3 Peppy Member

Yes it will that's what I used and it burnt like a charm don't go by the filesize in this case go by the number of minutes it's under 80 so it'll fit.

17. Yakumo

Image burn didn't want to know when I tried to burn the cdi. It wouldn't even load the cdi file. I wonder if something went wrong with my download?

18. atreyu187

Must have as if you bothered to read the readme I took the time to put in there you would see it is 79:45 seconds of an 80min disc. And to burn CDI images with IMGBurn you need to install DJ drivers first or the app can't burn it properly. You must add the pfctoc.dll pfctoc.lib pfctoc.h files form DJ6 file structure to add CDI support to IMGBurn. A DC CDI can be as large as 778mb without the need for overburn let alone a 800mb disc. The 78mb extra in the CDI file is to tell the program how and when to start and finish the multi-sesssion.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  19. Yakumo

I did read the read me and all about the time and so on but I had no idea what DJ drivers were but now I think about it it probably means Disc juggler so I'll have to find them first.

20. LeGIt

LeGIt I'm a cunt or so I'm told :P

Or just use Alcohol 120% :p