Torrent is here!

Discussion in 'Geist Force' started by ASSEMbler, Nov 8, 2012.

1. modular511

modular511 Rapidly Rising Member

I would also love it! It runs like crap on my stock dc.

2. atreyu187

atreyu187 Intrepid Member

It isnt a huge improvement but helps. MILF put all the level files together one by one to keep the seek times down on the laser. IMO only it also helps a little with crashes of the game. I promise to have it up soon. It is 3am here and I have to work tomorrow but I will try my best by tomorrow to have it up. Well both of them if torrents or nzb files cant be used by yourself as it is my personal account.

3. brainpann

brainpann Site Supporter 2012

Yes please.

4. modular511

modular511 Rapidly Rising Member

I'm honestly quite disappointed. I haven't tried overclocking yet, But I haven't ever in my life seen something sporadically crash so many times. It's pretty much unplayable on actual hardware. Did the pressed discs crash this much? If so that is terrible.

5. Superrayman3

Superrayman3 Peppy Member

I'm sure the pressed discs do crash just as much, but you also have to keep a couple things in mind. First off Geist Force wasn't designed with the final Dreamcast's hardware specs in mind to begin with, it was designed with earlier hardware that was slightly more powerful in mind, just the fact alone that they managed to get the game to working on a stock Dreamcast at all is an accomplishment in itself, next don't forget that this game was never completely finished and what was released seems to be an early build so it really shouldn't be all that surprising if the game has alot of major bugs, crashes, resets, etc.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  6. Prometheus

Prometheus Site supporter 2016

And it starts.

"This is the unreleased game that you guys have been waiting for 2 years to get. Congrats! Geist Force is the Sega Dreamcast game that almost wasn't. We have all been waiting for this game since 1998. Well, it was found 2 years ago, and you got it here first! November 9th 2012, it was uploaded here! It was only released today. You got it here only on The Iso Zone first!"

EDIT: And then there's this:

[​IMG]

Hmm...

7. atreyu187

I have been play testing my build and laser seek times are drastically reduced and I have made it through level one with no problems. I will be posting my build in a few hours and I think you all will be surprised at how much quieter the laser is not having to roam all over the disc to find the needed data.. I have even renamed it so you can tell my rip from assemblers build as it reads GF-RESORTED in the ID so you can easily tell the difference. Mine also has a dummy file called legit.dmmy so you can tell as Assembelers dummy file was hidden by mkisofs. This way you know you have the "legit" rebuild i made with MILFs help not just a renamed cdi file.

8. derekb

derekb Well Known Member

neato

9. atreyu187

And that gd-r you see is a blank that the guy bought for $20 and is trying to impress everyone. It isnt a real build nor burn. The v1.0 gives that way as only retail makes it to v1.000

10. Prometheus

I'm aware that that. I was just pointing out how the torrent hasn't even been out for 48 hours and already we have someone claiming it is their build and that they're the first ones to upload it.

11. ASSEMbler

ASSEMbler Administrator Staff Member

Internet bragging rights are pointless. Who cares who rebrands it as theirs.

Can you remember anyone who released dreamcast or psx games? meaningless ascii files to be deleted out of the archive the second you download it.

12. atreyu187

The funny thing is that is far from the first place that it got posted it was on another torrent tracker I know of for sure long before that anyhow I'm on my way home now to upload my build so you guys can try that out

13. gazzer

gazzer Newly Registered

Hi all
    Sorry I'm new to all this and dont have a clue about torrents is it possible for someone to put up a selfboot CDI?
    Thanks in advance!

14. Prometheus

Personally I think I'd be at least a little pissed if someone took something I released and claimed it as theirs without giving credit to the source. Especially considering all the time/effort/drama that went into getting it dumped and working.

It's not so much bragging rights as it is giving credit where credit is due. You mean to tell me that you're not even slightly annoyed by others taking your release and claiming it as their own?

15. ASSEMbler

ASSEMbler Administrator Staff Member

So what to do? some black hat? massive ddos?

No point.

16. BrAzE

BrAzE Active Member

Nah, the GD-R you see above is the actual disc that ASSEMbler has. Anthony817 must have saved the picture from back in the day. As for the upload, the actual file is the .zip from the torrent which includes ASSEMbler's readme.txt with credits, so I don't think he's trying to steal credit for the disc, he was probably just in a rush to get the credit in their community for uploading it first and didn't think about the wording in the upload description - hopefully it's editable.

Cheers for the torrent! Seeding now... I'm looking forward to seeing what comes from it.

17. derekb

derekb Well Known Member

I remember the BBQ release group for dreamcast, cuz they always put funny bbq recipes in their nfos :p

18. Prometheus

Oh, I see. He worded it terribly though.

"Well, it was found 2 years ago, and you got it here first! November 9th 2012, it was uploaded here! It was only released today. You got it here only on The Iso Zone first"

Makes it seem like he took the iso, uploaded it himself, ignored the source, and claimed The Iso Zone was the first site to host it.

And that disc is the actual Geist Force disc? Really? That handwriting is awful, looks like some kid bought a blank gd-r and wrote everything himself.

19. atreyu187

Looks like rayld's handwriting I have on a handful of GDR's I bought form him. Anyhow I know someone that did write on a blank to try and pass off owning the actual disc. Sad really, but on a good note my build is 50% uploaded and I will post here. It also has a very informative readme file so please check it out as well. I left it as a txt file instead of NFO as not everyone knows what to do with NFO files sometimes.

20. Superrayman3

Superrayman3 Peppy Member

Dear god your right it does look like his handwriting. :(