Tomb Raider beta?

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by gracik, Sep 21, 2011.

1. JRTombRaider

JRTombRaider Member

So we should communicate by continuing to edit ancient posts? You may go ahead and do that, but that's not the way I work. I think it's sly because you said misleading things I was unaware of, until I happened to check out a 10 months old post by revisiting this thread. Also, I was hardly ''raging''. What would you call your old post then? Besides, I only tried to clear things up anyway. I don't have anything else to say on the matter anymore and I'm surely not going to PM you now. You have a nice day too.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's a shame, I feel the TR community has been awfully boring lately. Not much is going on, unlike two years ago when there seemed to be a higher interest. I'd love a TR3 beta myself (May-August preferably). They changed so much compared to the final release. The E3 version has a completely different menu screen, the crouch roll and a different monkey swing animation. Quite a few noticeable differences. With later versions, I've always found the Coastal Village differences interesting, like shown here:

[​IMG]

This game has had such a fascinating development.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  2. BlackLotus

BlackLotus Newly Registered

I don't know if it was been already discussed in this thread, but i'm looking for the early or beta version of Tomb Raider Legend (first TR developed by Crystal Dynamics) i've been searching for it like a crazy! but not results.. i want to play it or know the way to have it!

3. Decapicitated

Decapicitated Site Supporter 2011-13 Lara Croft

I assume you mean the 2005 version which showed several differences in a trailer. As far as I am aware this is not available and has not been leaked unfortunately.

4. puddingman

puddingman Active Member

Thought id add to this. I am one of the 3 owners of Video Game Beta Book, and we were basically inbox attacked by some guy. He seemed to insist we had builds of tomb raider and demanded that we release them to him, or else he will "Shut down our youtube channel." lol ok.

The same guy messaged me on unseen64 and messaged me death threats too. Yes, we have a TR AOD Beta build. Will we ever be able to release it? No. We posted a video of it on our channel in action, but we were actually contacted by Square Enix and had a copyright strike to our channel. They demanded we remove the video and delete all copies of the beta. We removed the video, but we have the beta in our possession.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
    Golden007 likes this.
  5. Unknown-Organization

Unknown-Organization <B>Site Supporter 2014</B>

Well that doesn't sound too good especially telling you that he would shut your channel down. Either he was bluffing or he is being serious. I be caution about that. I had a very similar issue in the past that you having now. Some motherfucker hacked into my original youtube account back in 2006 and manage to deactivated my account and lose all my TR beta videos for good. Only reason he did that because I disagreed to share out in the first place. I hates hackers and it makes me paranoid sometimes.
    If I was you, I would block that user and move on or put your beta videos into private settings, that what I normally do to some of my videos. I came to realise that might be the same guy.

Congratulation you got Tomb Raider Angle of Darkness build, Enjoy it :)

6. ifritaeon61

ifritaeon61 Active Member

Hey Decapicitaded, may I ask you a question please?

Have you managed to understand the meaning of these sounds?

- LARA-DRW (?!?)
    - LARA-FR1 (guess it's a pistol fire)
    - LARA-FR2 (guess it's a shotgun fire)
    - LARA-GRB (grab?)
    - LARA-HOL (hold?)
    - LARA-LND (land?)
    - LARA-LO (?!?)
    - LARA-W1 (walk with the first step)
    - LARA-W2 (walk with the second step)

Thanks!

7. Decapicitated

Decapicitated Site Supporter 2011-13 Lara Croft

Hi, nice to meet you.

Yes i know what they all mean:

LARA-DRW - Lara, Draw Weapons.
    LARA-FR - Lara, Fire Weapon.
    LARA-FR2 - Lara, Fire Weapon 2.
    LARA-GRB - Lara, Grab.
    LARA-HOL - Lara, put gun in holsters.
    LARA-LND - Lara, land.
    LARA-LO - Lara, load gun bullets.
    LARA-R1 - Lara, Run 1.
    LARA-R2 - Lara, Run 2.
    LARA-W1 - Lara, Walk 1.
    LARA-W2 - Lara, Walk 2.

They are just a bunch of early SFXs they used at the time. I had them running on one of the Saturn builds once.

Cheers.

8. ifritaeon61

ifritaeon61 Active Member

Thank you very much!
    Take care!

9. Sarrus

Sarrus Newly Registered

Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
  10. EETFUK

EETFUK EETFUK

Yeah due to an mistake this thing was released in some Countries I think. But just for some days I think. This is the Beta. You'll see some differences to the retail Game. Missing voices in the Videos. One Different NPC in the Videos before you play Lara. And so on.

11. ajrich

ajrich Member

Wanted to bring the TR topic back to life, surprised no betas for AOD or cores anniversary game have leaked out yet. Would personally love to see how AOD played before so much got butchered from it.

12. cobracon2

cobracon2 Rapidly Rising Member

Thanks for the link!

13. 9Matt2

9Matt2 Rapidly Rising Member

Weird but cool, nice find!

14. Mr Sippy

Mr Sippy Active Member

bringing this thread back to life. It been awhile. Any new update on Tr betas so far?

15. Unknown-Organization

Unknown-Organization <B>Site Supporter 2014</B>

Hey

Good to see you still active on this site. I guess there nothing new for Tomb raider protoype stuff yet.