Tomb Raider beta?

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by gracik, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Decapicitated

Decapicitated Site Supporter 2011-13 Lara Croft

I PM'd him about the build date but he hasn't got back to me yet. However, this can be still classified as the final build since it was pressed onto PSX discs, they just did a re-release due to some issue with some guy appearing in the game he filed a lawsuit so they had to remove him and re-release the game. It looks like some discs before the removal still made it into stores which I also have but sadly, it's not that much of an interesting build. Quite a few people have it and don't even notice.

2. braders1986

braders1986 Robust Member

I thought the early release had some missing fmv audio in places too :dejection:. I could be wrong, was a long time ago I read up on it.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
  3. Decapicitated

Yes, that's correct all FMVs have missing audio.

4. Meringues

Meringues <B>Site Supporter 2014</B>

Is there anymore information regarding the guy you mention?

5. Decapicitated

Not really, unless he states the build date we cannot tell whether it's the same build or not.

6. rewak

rewak Peppy Member

I think he meant about the guy who threatened to sue about appearing in the game leading to the recall. First time ive heard this story too.

7. Decapicitated

Oh lol my bad. If my memory serves me rightly, the story is that. Some guy who appeared in Tomb Raider 4 (can't remember his name), he was the face model for one of the characters i believe. The problem was that Core Design only had permission to use him in Tomb Raider 4 and since they used him in the next game, he threatened to sue core Design so they were forced to change it.

Beta:
    [​IMG]

Final:
    [​IMG]

8. rewak

rewak Peppy Member

Never knew that! Interesting bit of info, thanks :)

9. braders1986

braders1986 Robust Member

By the looks of it, Core pretty much just sent him to the barbers! lol

10. gracik

gracik Active Member

Any other photos with the original guy? Because this is the most interesting thing I've seen in awhile.

11. Decapicitated

Beta:
    [​IMG]

Final:
    [​IMG]

--
    Beta
    [​IMG]

Final:
    [​IMG]

---

Beta:
    [​IMG]

Final:
    [​IMG]

There's also a deleted silencer for the H&K MP5 which wasn't available in the final release. But it doesn't seem to work very well anyway so it's pointless. There are also some level changes in some areas, but they are minor.

I'll try have a look and see if I can get the Tomb Raider Chronicles Internal Beta working.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
  12. NetYaroze

NetYaroze Robust Member

this is the same beta to get time ago (and no, I not pay for that, I get it for free by a friend).

13. rewak

rewak Peppy Member

Deleted scene from Angel of Darkness

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2015
  14. Mr Sippy

Mr Sippy Active Member

That a shaman, which was supposed to take care of Lara after that fall in Lastrev. There were screenshots of her, as well as descriptions on various TR websites, but she never appeared in the game, because the project was hugely rushed.
    Iam so happy about this footage, although now I'm even more gutted AOD was so rushed. This game could have been awesome beyond human understanding.
    can finally hear and see the shaman, Putai, and understand how it could have looked if it wasn't deleted. I must say even though it's been 10 years,

sigh epic game though

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2015
  15. Cauterize

Cauterize Rising Member

Is anyone else getting harassed via YouTube regarding beta Tomb Raider stuff? Some guy called Hugo keeps contacting me and demanding information regarding unfinished versions of the game - it's driving me mad.

16. pool7

pool7 Site Supporter 2014

A user here recently created a thread asking for TR betas; he speaks spanish... not sure if he's the same guy, but he mentioned he's been asking around in YT as well.

17. Unknown-Organization

Unknown-Organization <B>Site Supporter 2014</B>

Well same here too, I have three people with total 51 message in my youtube inbox asking all these silly question and forcing me to give up and do the goodwill for German community game site or whatever they said and I clearly told them I don't have it, They just don't get the idea of it . Actually one of them threatening me aswell and also stole one of my TR beta video and my motocross carburetor cleaning video guide and upload on his Youtube account, cheeky bugger.

Never came across name of Hugo Yet. If I was you, I would just block those youtube user before anything else become more serious problems... then hassle free. That what I did too.

Superbeta croft is his youtube name who created the thread on this site not long ago, I think he just a little kid though. So it not the same user I don't think. Dk11CBeta and pkzadam115able are the most obsess with TR beta for 24/7 and they spam my inbox message so much ! It really has taking a toll on me. Most of time I don't understand they wrote in English text and I find it quite hilarious, especially in Spanish text too. It like they have been snorting the pack of cocaine and mashing up the keyboard . So I had to block them too.

Happy 4th July Americans.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2013
  18. InnocentSam

InnocentSam Spirited Member

Out of curiosity, is there Core Design's Tomb Raider Anniversary anywhere in a playable state, like a demo or leaked copy? I did some googling and turned up nothing, but these things are usually way underground anyhow.

19. JRTombRaider

JRTombRaider Member

Did you really think I was going to notice this huge edit? Well it turns out I did after revisiting this thread today, it's just a coincidence how I stumbled upon it. I'm not here for drama, but seeing as your post was from late 2012 and your edit was 7 months later and therefore more recent, I feel the need to address this again. You're not getting away with this. Let me keep it short and simple though.

I am fully aware of the situation. It turns out you are not, or you're just stirring things up again. It is also not in my place to share such details with anyone. He is my friend and I respect him. Besides, the whole issue has been resolved anyway.

Your English has nothing to do with how shady you are. You have said so many misleading things and have posted blatant lies. Not to mention you've also been exposed many times for this, so how you're not permanently banned on this site yet, I don't know. I think you're just trying to blame someone else to distract others from the own stunts you have pulled. You're just a big hypocrite.

Just give it a rest? You should follow your own advice actually. Don't try it with me.

[​IMG]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the record, I really would like to keep things on topic, but I have no idea what else to say that is relevant to the discussion right now. ;/

20. Unknown-Organization

Unknown-Organization <B>Site Supporter 2014</B>

Off topic, I not going into this whole reply thing. I gonna keep it sweet, short and simple.
    JRtomb
    You not here for Drama and you want to be on topic? Then you should have re edit your old post in the first place. Well atlease I DID mention the dates when I re edit my old post instead of making a new post to avoid the off topic and drama and It doesn't matter because Sooner or later you find out anyway. I mention about that some of my original post is removed which is more likely that the things I said is not appropriate to begin with. Fine! you say what you have to say and I stick to mine. Give a rest? That by fine by me. Feel like you want some more raging, then do it in my private inbox next time. Thank you have a nice day.

Depaticated

- about Mr Nightmare stories, I assume I accidentally became a fully retard as a numb skull or either I misunderstood some of areas because lacking of understanding some of my English skills at the time ( English has improved in some areas) That case, my apologies to you If you said it was true. I have few more TR videos that are listed under private view only and remains to stays like that and it always has been for years now . Since you sent me a message from Youtube a month ago. We discuss one or two things and we (I think) agreed to call it a peace and move on. Let hope it stays like that for now. Personally I don't care about the past anymore, this shit is getting too old. I mean after all, it just a video game.

This is my last post and Let move on.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2013