TL866 TSOP40 Adapters

Discussion in 'Modding and Hacking - Consoles and Electronics' started by jaskamakkara, Oct 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. jaskamakkara

jaskamakkara Tinkering in the dark

Hi,

I am trying to program some 29f032 chips on a TL866 programmer for a few SNES repros. In the past I have used the Type III adapter boards from buyICnow along with the SNES to TL866 adapter from oshpark (found here) to program the chips once they have been soldered to the adapter boards. I have recently, however, designed my own boards to replace the buyICnow ones that I don't like so much, but they have a different pinout (since mine are rear-mounting) so I can't use the oshpark adapters anymore for programming. (I know I could put my adapters into the oshpark ones upside-down, but I don't want to have to solder pin headers into my boards then remove them after programming, it's a waste of time).

I thought to solve this I could use a ZIF socket and programme the chips before soldering them onto my boards, so I bought the TL866 zif socket for TSOP32/40/48 packages (found here). However, in the TL866 programming utility, it shows the following setup for programming the 29f033 (same pinout as '032):

[​IMG]

I don't have this TSOP40A-8bit base adapter and I was planning to make one on perfboard, so my question is: what's it's pinout? The ZIF socket itself simply maps the chip pins onto it's header pins 1-1, 2-2, 3-3 etc, but does the base adapter rearrange them? I can't find any pinout diagrams or tables anywhere. Any help would be much appreciated!

PS. I know I can back-engineer the pinouts from the other adapters I used before, but that will take a while and I was hoping someone had a ready list or link they could post.

Cheers

2. zzattack

zzattack Spirited Member

Far as I know the TL866 just needs straight adapters.
    Breadboard might not work, those pins can be iffy.
    IMAG0217.jpg

3. abveost

abveost Peppy Member

Well I can tell you that the base does rearrange them, that's why you have different bases and one top. You can get a set of bases including the one you want for less than $10. It's really not worth rolling your own. If you just really want to do it maybe someone who has one without the pins soldered could scan it for you.

4. sanni

sanni Intrepid Member

This should be it, no guarantee though that is 100% correct

Attached Files:

jaskamakkara likes this.
  5. jaskamakkara

Thanks for the replies!
    That's very helpful, sanni, I appreciate it - exactly what I was looking for.

6. LeHaM

LeHaM Site Soldier

I have that adapter at home I’ll get you a pin out next week

7. jaskamakkara

I appreciate that, but actually I managed to build my own adapter using the pinout Sanni supplied, it works great :)

Thanks for all the help!

LeHaM likes this.