Timing for the torrent

Discussion in 'Geist Force' started by sof, Aug 13, 2012.

1. sof

sof <B>Site Supporter 2013</B>

So today we are the 14 august 2012 so my question is:when do you thing a torrent ( or esle) copy will arrived on other website?1 day, two days' 1 or 2 weeks............',:eek:nthego:

2. Borman

Borman Digital Games Curator

After everyone receives their copy.

3. Yakumo

Yakumo Pillar of the Community *****

Way after in my opinion.

4. Borman

Borman Digital Games Curator

That's if things go to plan though. Someone will upload it almost immediately, if past releases are an indication.

5. CodeAsm

CodeAsm ohci_write: Bad offset 30

within 1 day or 3, depends on the skills of the person willing to torr away his 50.

6. Yakumo

Yeah, there's always some arse hole who thinks putting something up on the net will get them respect from the scene. Does it bollocks, it just means they're a prick who has betrayed everyone on this forum.

7. atreyu187

atreyu187 Intrepid Member

I am in a release group redoing dreamcast games but have made this a no no on our release list though a few of us bought one. All the work kevin did and the time we had to wait wouldnt be fair to those like yakumo. Things like this and gunlord deserve the respect they should get with all the work it took to make and produce them.

8. daytonausa

daytonausa Enthusiastic Member

If it makes you feel better, theizozone.com forbids new releases to be put on their site. So that will at least slow distribution if it's leaked.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  9. OatBob

OatBob Active Member

It's shameful. I've already seen GunLord up for torrent.

10. ave

ave JAMMA compatible

Can't get enough of all those comments where people try to make their contribution look like a ticket to heaven. "shall we release it for other people?" "nooo, not until WAY later, cause we're the ones who deserve the exclusive feeling as long as possible" Lol

WTF guys, seriously... who cares who has a torrented copy? Assembler got semi-professional copies for donators and they don't. Isn't that all that it was about? What do you care if others can play a pirated copy or not?

11. Yakumo

Are you for real? Does it even need to be explained why it's not right? If there's one thing I hate in life more than anything else it's freeloaders.

Also, if it wasn't for the donors there would be no game in the first place. Why should they not have a reward for their efforts? Why should someone who did nothing for the release have the same privilege of playing the game before those who did do something?

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  12. sabre470

sabre470 Site Supporter 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015

I totally agree with you mate!!! It's only fair that those who contributed one way or an other to this release get first hand on it!!! No doubt it'll get released to the masses but I'd be disappointed if it get released before I could receive/play it!!! It's not a matter of deserving it. But I think we've earned the privilege to be the first in line.

13. APE

APE Site Supporter 2015

Can't stop the signal.

14. impur1ty

impur1ty Member

You're freeloading just like everyone else here. Paying someone with no authority to distribute does not absolve you.

15. arnoldlayne

arnoldlayne Resolute Member

Not to cause an argument but yeah, at the end of the day none of the programmers or Sega are getting a penny out of this so we are in essence ALL freeloaders. If someone gets to play it tomorrow or in two weeks - it doesn't make any difference whatsoever and I don't see where all this anger is coming from... Who cares, it's going to be out there and everyone can play it. This project has been about the preservation of a lost game, nothing more.

Don't forget that if it wasn't for a Russian hacker who releases isos on the web (for free...) this whole thing wouldn't have happened in the first place. It needed to be hacked before it could be pressed to disc, plain and simple.

Who cares if it's released now or later - let's just be happy with the fact that it IS getting released and grateful for all the effort Assembler has put into this from day one. That is what counts.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  16. arnoldlayne

arnoldlayne Resolute Member

You're missing one rather obvious point - You, as a donator, will have a physical copy that no doubt will be worth quite a bit of money as time passes. On the other hand, everyone else who didn't donate - won't.That is your privilege - isn't that enough for you? Or are you some how suggesting all of Assembler's efforts are meaningless compared to getting to play the game for (let's say...) two weeks before everyone else?

17. sof

sof <B>Site Supporter 2013</B>

i am stupid i have called this post : "short game" i think it was a better choice to called it "short fight":livid::excitement:

18. APE

APE Site Supporter 2015

I'm doubtful that it will be worth more than what has been coughed up but I don't mind being wrong.

19. Yakumo

Indeed. The CD that is being made will be worth no more in the future than it cost to buy now.

20. wheelaa

wheelaa FM Towns / MD Addict Site Supporter 2010-2015

There are good arguments on both sides.

I donated purely to get this out there for everyone to enjoy.

(Hell, when there was a poll a while back, I voted to torrent it immediately!)