This seller is jerking me around, where can I get a JP21 Megadrive 1 cable?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by GodofHardcore, Aug 11, 2018.

1. GodofHardcore

GodofHardcore Paragon of the Forum *

This needs a story, but anyone popping in for the first time should know that this is an edit after the seller in question saw this thread and did get back to me. But I'm going to tell the story anyway so this thread has context.

I had ordered a Genesis 1 JP21 RGB Cable with a Stereo lead. They got to it very quickly and I had it in a week. It was a solid very well made cable, but it was the wrong Cable, the kind of Cable that would have fried my framemiester if it didn't have a "Don't use with XRGB Mini" Label on it.

Now I never intend to be that psycho that writes multiple e-mails to a seller. But this ordeal made me that person. For two reasons, one the e-mail I do all my business with stopped Syncing to my phone so I'm wondering if my e-mails are even getting out. The other reason, I have been having a summer so bad it's almost comical how wrong everything has been going for me. This has left me far more irritable than usual. I got a bombardment of bad news the day before I returned the cable to them for rewiring which YES they did offer to do.

So I checked the tracking number on the cable, e-mailed them just to confirm they got the cable and asked for an ETA on it getting sent out. Not unreasonable, if you have a post office like mine you have to make sure everything you sent got to it's destination. Which they gave me. It may have been two e-mails, which again is because I'm not sure this e-mail address is even working at this point. They tell me they'd send it out Monday or Tuesday. So I was expecting it yesterday. Didn't hear from them they shipped it out but I assumed yesterday. So I e-mailed them again, and waited for a response, and waited and yesterday I was just pissed off about everything. Finally I'm like ok F this I'm going to buy a cable else where so I can just play Streets of Rage 2 on original hardware. But I couldn't find a cable like the one I purchased. That's when I made this thread, and becuase I was so pissed off the title was what it was.

You're all telling me to be patient, Somebody told me who they were and as soon as I saw that I was like....WELL I fucked up. Didn't realize these people who were "Jerking me around" were very reputable and mentioned on My life in Gaming.

I feel bad, I wish I could say that's the first time this has happened, but a seller on Amazon caught my wrath once because they didn't provide tracking and they're shipping from Japan to Germany then to some outpost in Colorado and they gave me a refund to their credit, but as soon as they did that guess what? The thought to be lost package came. It was an ordeal getting them their money back. That incident was also
    exacerbated by a bad day.

Yet I get a disc rotted Salamander 2 from a guy in Japan and I didn't explode, I was just like, hey look at the disc you sent me.......and all I got was $5 back.

So there's the context for why this thread exists and that for now anyway it's been resolved.

Actually Amazon puts up with my shit on a regular basis.....So I should probably just give a preemptive apology to the following online retailers..

Stone Age Gamer
    Castlemania games
    Estarland
    Solaris Japan

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
  2. AUSTIN PEYTON

AUSTIN PEYTON Peppy Member

pararelluniverses.jpg I glanced at the title and saw jerking
    Hopefully you get your money back

3. GodofHardcore

Blank

4. Mord.Fustang

Mord.Fustang Dauntless Member

It's only been a few days since Tuesday... just give it a little more time first before jumping to conclusions.

5. MonkeyBoyJoey

MonkeyBoyJoey 70's Robot Anime GEPPY-X (PS1) Fanatic

That seller is retro_console_accessories on eBay. They've been a known good source for RGB cables in the US for years. Their stuff can take up to 5 days to deliver within the US (AFAIK they use USPS). I live 2 hours from them and my cable I ordered from them in 2013 took 5 days to get to me. Keep in mind that it is a weekend so expect it Monday or Tuesday with Wednesday at the latest.

6. GodofHardcore

Maybe my Savior is HD Retrovision....

[​IMG]

(Note: in original edited post...it was at this point I realized this thread was a mistake.)

7. Vosse

Vosse Well Known Member

patience.

8. GodofHardcore

OK So uh

They saw this thread

Out of respect I edited everything I could and I am currently sitting here thinking of the best way to word out an apology.

Although lets not leave out this whole ordeal started because they sent me the wrong kind of cable to begin with.

zzattack likes this.
  9. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 The Tick

Mistakes happen and they offered to correct it.
    You cant judge a person or company on what happens when everything goes right - you judge them on how they handle mistakes/failures. They are bound to happen, no one is perfect.

MonkeyBoyJoey likes this.
  10. GodofHardcore

This is true. There was a lot of apologizing this morning. Will I do business with them again? Maybe but the only other system I might need RGB for is my Saturn.

Where we got our lines crossed was the week and a half of of silence.

It's like I told my dad it's not like I can walk into best buy and just buy a JP21 cable.

11. Nully

Nully Intrepid Member

Who cares if they saw this thread, are they threatening to not send you the proper replacement because if so then that should be your only addition to your original post. If they want to be a business and sell products then they have to deal with customer service. You didn't get what you bought and while you may have jumped the gun, it's on them to make you satisfied as quickly as possible so don't feel any shame over their mistakes.

12. GodofHardcore

Especially when you're the only game in town.

Where do you even get a JP21 cable with a Stereo lead?

Cooler heads prevailed here and they did send the cable out we talked it out like adults so it's water under the bridge.

13. VaNDAL

VaNDAL Rising Member

You are what's known as a Pain in the Ass customer!

If I was them I would have refunded you and said keep the cable and ask you to NEVER darken my door step again!

Pinta77, Arcadia and spoonrage like this.
  14. GodofHardcore

I got the Cable a week ago told them it came and apologized.

I even considered retaining their address so I could send them a goodies basket. I didn't but it crossed my mind.

You don't know what someone is dealing with.

15. StriderVM

StriderVM Peppy Member