Site Feedback This new layout is horrible.

Discussion in 'Site Help and Suggestions' started by onza120, Jun 5, 2015.

1. D_Ban

D_Ban Robust Member

I don't get you're all moaning (least the one's that are) the site had to change script, the theme's different just like if you went from phpBB to MyBB the style wouldn't be the same.

Also, Instead of moaning why not look around see if there's a XenForo style you like and maybe donate to get it added here if it's a paid theme?

That or tell the staff what you dislike? Say the light theme here, I dislike the cream colour/color but that's because it's the default theme. you could say "hey sorry to say I dislike the cream colour/color could it be changed please?" Then the staff might change it to the blue from the old site like this: http://i.imgur.com/0xLzlp2.png (made in firebug)

There's options just ask and be polite ;)

2. citrus3000psi

citrus3000psi Housekeeping, you want towel?

Or use tampermonkey/greesemonkey and change the css on the fly.

D_Ban likes this.
  3. bacteria

bacteria I am the Bacman

Well, I like the new forum look, layout and the colours seem all fine to me.

4. BloodyThunder

BloodyThunder Member

I prefer the older style, but it would be more because the "Assembler Games" logo has a bit more flair and style to it than the newer one, which is more plain. That being said, I don't see what was so bad with the new style. What I would like is a style that has the old style appeal but uses a dark theme instead of a white theme. That would look great in my opinion.

5. Kokonoe

Kokonoe Active Member

Prefer the Blue Style, looks nice. However, I think something like this XenForo layout would be cool to help with clutter.

http://smashboards.com/forums/

Having buttons like these would be nice.

6. retro

retro Resigned from mod duty 15 March 2018

You don't see the latest posts, though! Or whether there even ARE any in each forum. Do you really want to have to check 50-odd forums just to see if there's anything new every time you visit the site?

7. Psyduck

Psyduck Member

I'm new around here, but I really like the layout and all that jazz. I especially like the darker color scheme. If I am going to be on a website for an extended period of time, I prefer it to be darker. It's easier on the eyes that way.

supersega likes this.
  8. supersega

supersega I have 7 and a half PS1s in my room alone.

I can say the same.

9. MBMM

MBMM Powered by Pied Piper

You know, I'm really surprised the OP hasn't returned to offer any more constructive criticism. We're obviously in dire need.

DeChief likes this.
  10. someguy1

someguy1 Site Supporter

Please default the website theme to Blue Style "Old Style".

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  11. retro

retro Resigned from mod duty 15 March 2018

It's staying as the dark theme. The "proper" old style theme, as I keep mentioning, is black and red - on the site from 2005-2012. Blue was only ever a temporary measure when vBulletin was upgraded and no longer compatible.

The site guide explains that there are different styles, so it is up to each user to decide which they wish to use. If you've already made the change, you'll always get that theme so don't let it worry you what the default is ;)

12. HEX1GON

HEX1GON FREEZE! Scumbag

All major softwares like Photoshop, Vegas, 3DSMAX all have dark menus now. Websites should follow the same trend, the white backgrounds just blind me. Like most of us here, we mainly view the site at night.

DeChief likes this.
  13. bacteria

bacteria I am the Bacman

Having tried the new style for a couple of days, i've gone back to the red/black style...

DeChief likes this.
  14. Kokonoe

Kokonoe Active Member

You click one button and it gives you many buttons for that particular section. It actually makes it easier to find stuff imo because I can focus on certain content at a time. Once you click the initial section, you can see who last posts which and where. You could also merely add onto this on the main site and put (last post) for the main general section to add that back to assembler's homepage.

It also has the benefit that, unlike this forum which is currently using a somewhat default theme, it makes the boxes not entirely full screen in width in those sections. You can have two sections merely on one line instead of one large line which can really save up space and make things easier to read.

[​IMG]

15. capsulej

capsulej Rising Member

I like it but there is a little too much grey.

16. Mugi

Mugi Site Supporter 2013,2014,2015

I for one am happy that the site is finally dark enough to not rape my eyes when i browse it :p

17. rtv190

rtv190 Robust Member

Agreed.Devs should at the very least make us be able to change the colors to something other than White or Grey

18. Gentlegamer

Gentlegamer Active Member

I do prefer dark backgrounds whenever possible. I use UserStyles to turn things like Youtube, Google, and Wikipedia to a dark theme.

19. MBMM

MBMM Powered by Pied Piper

I'm still digging the Blue Style "Old Style." Works pretty well for me, although I could see it being a bit abrasive in the dark.

20. D_Ban

D_Ban Robust Member

Once @retro gets back I intend to help him update the style for 1.5 so once @ASSEMbler gets around to the update it'll be fully ready for the new options. (Such as 2-step protection on logins and thread tagging, etc.)