Site Feedback This new layout is horrible.

Discussion in 'Site Help and Suggestions' started by onza120, Jun 5, 2015.

1. onza120

onza120 Site Supporter 2014

Someone please tell me this is a joke? There was nothing wrong with the old layout, the dark contrast the social media icons, the lack of sonic, it's just all wrong, I hate it.

someguy1 and DragoonC like this.
  2. Syclopse

Syclopse .

Click the bottom left to change theme...

Keiji Dragon likes this.
  3. retro

retro Resigned from mod duty 15 March 2018

Thanks for not bothering to read my guide. I guess you missed the massive green notification at the top of said horrible theme, telling you there's a guide to the new site ;)

By the way, this is what the site looked like from 2006-2012. Sorry you couldn't join us then ;)

4. Druidic teacher

Druidic teacher Officer at Arms

x

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  5. onza120

onza120 Site Supporter 2014

No problem. The layout still sucks even with "Old Style" , I feel fucking blinded with these colours

DragoonC likes this.
  6. frayed

frayed I'm Rick James B*tch

can't please everyone all the time

Keiji Dragon likes this.
  7. retro

Absolutely!

Xenforo styles cost money, so feel free to donate for one to your liking, @onza120. Nobody's forcing you to use the site if you really can't put up with how it looks, though ;)

MBMM and Johnny like this.
  8. Johnny

Johnny Gran Turismo Freak and Site Supporter 2013,2015

I was going to post the same thing. The whole server issue and the new software costed money, not to mention time and a lot of stress to Assembler and retro.

Being a member since the ezboard days, i can say that i've seen lots of changes during these years. So i'm glad that now Assembler can share the administration of the forums with retro. In the end what matters the most, at least for me, it's the people and the content.

9. ASSEMbler

ASSEMbler Administrator Staff Member

We need to be more polite on these issues.

Please go to the bottom of the page and select the blue style, it should be more to your liking.

10. HEX1GON

HEX1GON FREEZE! Scumbag

You'll get used to it.

11. SodaOgre

SodaOgre Rising Member

Yeah, I'll admit that there's stuff about the new layout that isn't to my tastes and I miss the old "Recent Posts" section. But hey, end of the day we have Assembler forums back and that's the main thing, just wanna say thanks to everyone who made that possible.

12. retro

Some people find it a bit too far from the old-new look, I assume because it's not got a blue background. We can certainly play with that.

"New Posts" at the top doesn't work the same? It's even in the sidebar as "Recent Posts" still :)

13. MBMM

MBMM Powered by Pied Piper

@onza120: I couldn't disagree with you more. This layout is IMO sleek and more user-friendly. As others have said, you have the option to switch layouts at the bottom left part of the screen. That way an oh-so-integral aspect, Sonic, can return to its rightful place. If these layouts don't work for you yet seem to be okay for others, I'm not sure what to say. We're all adverse to change in varying degrees, but a week or so goes by and you barely remember the old layout. Also, relatively rude.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
  14. MachineCode

MachineCode The Devil

I gotta say, I really did like the look of the previous version better. But, with the blue style option it's not so bad. The silver lining is that I log in more just to be able to view it in my preferred style. Also, it definitely seems to run a lot better than the previous version did and that's what really matters. The site could look way way worse and I'd still visit every day for the information and conversations as long as it ran well.

15. Gentlegamer

Gentlegamer Active Member

I wasn't a member until very recently, but didn't the forum use to have basically a red accented version of the last blue/Sonic skin under vbulletin in the past? I seem to remember that from the many google searches that linked to this site back then.

16. LeHaM

LeHaM Site Soldier

I like the new layout and default skin.
    Let's be honest the old theme wasn't very good and looked kinda cheap (no offense Assembler)

Plus sonic is a copyrighted image, if that had stayed, it would seem to newcomers that this forum just rides the coat-tails of a big company. Only a part of the forum actually pertains too sega stuff, just looking at the old logo one would assume that this is just a sega fanboy forum (which it isn't)..

Is there a way to load alternate themes on the end users browser, basically instead of loading the skin assets from the server it would pull them locally?

17. Borman

Borman Digital Games Curator

Sonic is still there.

18. MBMM

MBMM Powered by Pied Piper

This is even more troublesome given his increasingly dwindling reputation as of late haha.

19. Druidic teacher

Druidic teacher Officer at Arms

x

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
    DeChief and -=FamilyGuy=- like this.
  20. OniLink99999

OniLink99999 Rising Member

I must admit, I don't like the new layout either. I don't really care about the colours (although I did like the cleaner look of the previous boards, which even the 'Blue' style option here doesn't quite match) but everything is much more zoomed in. I can't see as much on my screen, and it feels like a less user-friendly experience. I figured that I can just zoom out a bit while on Assembler, but that doesn't look right either.

I don't like to complain, and I'm sure it's not possible, but I do wish there was a way to view the forum in its previous style. Maybe the Blue Style could be improved? I find it a bit too bright, honestly, and the colours aren't matched as well as they used to be.