This is embarrassing...

Discussion in 'Modding and Hacking - Consoles and Electronics' started by LeHub, Nov 28, 2016.

1. LeHub

LeHub Spirited Member

...I recently made a recording of myself playing Sega Rally on the Saturn, the DVD recorder I used was a Sony (RDR-GXD500). Now I want to pop it onto either my old iMac (2011) or my Acer, another older device with it's own DVD drive or my Alienware which of course I know I'd need to buy an external drive for of course. Non of my 2 computers with DVD drives will read the disc's, I have made the recording twice; once on a DVD-RW and once on a DVD+R. Strangely the DVD player that recorded to disc's will play them back just fine but the 2 comps see them as either blank disc's or just won't even notice it at all. Equally weird is my other DVD player which is supposed to play both disc mentioned above tries but fails, it's also a Sony. Oh, and the PS3 can't see them either. All I want to do is play some games, record them and upload them... That was the idea anyway so any help anyone can give would be so soooo appreciated! If it's as simple as buying a drive for the Alienware which would be a good one? and cheap?
    Thanks guys and gals and thank you in advance for not laughing at me.

kennypecheur likes this.
  2. GoodTofuFriday

GoodTofuFriday Site Supporter 2015,2016,2017

Burn and finalize your disk with Video mode, not VR mode.

BLUamnEsiac and sa1 like this.
  3. LeHub

LeHub Spirited Member

Awesome, thank you. I came across that setting earlier so I will try to find it again, pop in a disc in and give it ago! I'll let you know how I get on, cheers.

GoodTofuFriday likes this.
  4. LeHub

LeHub Spirited Member

Video mode on and no change unfortunately, all exactly the same as before

5. Jackhammer

Jackhammer Peppy Member

I've done something similar before with an old Liteon DVD recorder. I recorded some TV episodes onto a DVD+RW, my PC wouldn't recognise the disc until I finalised it in the DVD recorder.

6. LeHub

LeHub Spirited Member

Am I perhaps missing something? I put the disc in, the Sony formats it, I make the recording, press "Stop Record" and it then automatically writes the data (which I assumed was the the final step), then eject. Is there a stage I'm missing before ejecting?

7. GoodTofuFriday

GoodTofuFriday Site Supporter 2015,2016,2017

You Have To Also Finish The Disk As Well

Why is My Phone Capping Every Word. . .

8. LeHub

LeHub Spirited Member

Haha, no worries, it's comforting to know I'm not the only one having issues. Okay next question, I'm sure you saw this coming: How do you finish the disc? Worth pointing out, I've no remote...

9. Jackhammer

Jackhammer Peppy Member

I haven't used the Liteon recorder in years, but there was an option in the menu to finalise the disc, not sure how you're going to do it without a remote.

Have a look at page 33/34 of the manual.
    http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/2188393111.pdf

10. LeHub

LeHub Spirited Member

Cheers, I actually have the manual printed off so I'll look it up. I'm dyslexic so try to avoid huge manuals like this one but if I'm pointed in the right direction I don't mind looking. Seems lazy I know but it works for me... anyway. I'll take a look after work and if I need to order a remote to make this work then I shall. Thank you for going to the effort to look this up, I'd have lost patience very very quickly!

11. pr0cess0r

pr0cess0r Spirited Member

try to use imgburn to finalize the session and disc.

12. LeHub

LeHub Spirited Member

Thanks to everyone, the problem is now sorted :) Page 34 was all I needed. Luckily there was a "tools" button on the player it self so I could easily finalise the disc and get going. And people wonder why I'd prefer to ask strangers online for help rather than call centres or in real life... Thanks for all your help!

GoodTofuFriday and kennypecheur like this.
  13. Jackhammer

Jackhammer Peppy Member

Glad you managed to figure it out.

LeHub likes this.