NOTICE This forum to close in 30 days

Discussion in 'Site Help and Suggestions' started by ASSEMblergames_Admin, May 29, 2019.

1. pstrick1

pstrick1 Site Supporter

Yeah. Last time, they completely banned any uploading of prototypes.
    Then they just shut down the community.

They are the only prototype community with a worse track record than assemblergames. I hope somebody creates a better home for us after AG dies.

Doomtrain and _XBOX_ like this.
  2. Anthony817

Anthony817 Familiar Face

Then what is even the fucking point of that site? If you can't post prototypes then why even go to all the trouble to make the site a look alike to this?

Thanks for saving me from wasting my time registering at that site. Dreamcast-Talk is the most lax site around now basically for my needs as I am primarily a Dreamcast super fan, although I do own all 3 Xbox versions as well as a Jailbroke PS3 I love playing all the time. They allow any uploads for Dreamcast at least. Not sure where the other guys will go to with the PlayStation, Nintendo and Xbox communities, let alone the other obscure systems... I mainly go to emuextras.com and PSX-Place for my Xbox and PlayStation needs.

Pinta77 likes this.
  3. pool7

pool7 Site Supporter 2014

How about you guys go to the site and read the rules?
    Stop spreading false information... enough drama in this site...

4. LuizNai

LuizNai Robust Member

I can't believe this is happening. I've learned so much here and I also met a lot of genius people. It will be a great lost, not only for the homebrew-scene but also for the internet in general. It will miss a place with knowledge built from people from all around the world.

I'd be very happy if I could contribute for this not happening =/

Anthony817 likes this.
  5. Greg2600

Greg2600 Resolute Member

This AGAIN??? It's every year. I agree, sell the forum/DNS. Completely unfair to not give someone a shot to use it.

6. FromAllAspects

FromAllAspects PlayStation Collector

Trust me. I tried getting in touch with Kevin. He'll never get back in touch. Though like what @PixelButts said, can he at least give the torch to someone who's still passionate for the site and for the sake of everyone, its future. 23 years of valuable members, information and much more will be for nothing if it collapses due to Kevin's stupidity. Take care.

Kind regards,

FromAllAspects

7. crissybwoy

crissybwoy Enthusiastic Member

Thanks for providing a place for us all to come for so long Kev. Sad to see the place go, shame it all went to shit. Much respect, must be tough for you to let it go.

Syclopse and FromAllAspects like this.
  8. pstrick1

pstrick1 Site Supporter

What do you mean?
    Obscure gamers has already shown their willingness to implement rules that kill the community. Why would I trust that site again?
    The rules allow posting pre-release games now, but who can say what the admin team will do tomorrow?

9. Pinta77

Pinta77 Gamecube Fanatic

This is sad. He should just sell the site. I know that's been said already several times, but I just want to support the idea.

10. Fudge

Fudge Spirited Member

I mostly lurk.

However, yeah terrible news really. Lots of really great info for Xbox/360/Dreamcast over the years and also where I found one Shane McRetro and Yakumo (Retro Core) that both have some of the absolute best stuff covering... well, obscure games on YouTube. For me this was the place to find the murkiest and... obscure subsets of video games and I've never found anywhere near the quality of some of the community overall.

Anthony817 likes this.
  11. pool7

pool7 Site Supporter 2014

Again, you clearly didn't go to the site. It has started from scratch now. Read the rules, you'll see it's not what it was.
    And in any case, welcome to the internet; forum rules usually change based on (among other factors), legal claims. It has happened here in AG several times, in case you didn't notice.
    Finally, if you don't like or don't want to got to OG, it's your choice; for now I haven't heard anyone else taking the lead on starting an alternative for AG... you still have time though.

FromAllAspects likes this.
  12. FromAllAspects

I'm not trying to force anyone to OG, but they have an offer for all former Assembler members called, 'Refugee'. This entitles you to all the features that VIP offers, but you get it immediately. Everyone should move past the negatives of the forums, every forum has their flaws, but like pool7 said, it's changed. They've started from scratch. Take care everyone.

Kind regards,

FromAllAspects

13. Taucias

Taucias Site Supporter 2014,2015

It would be a great shame to just let it all get deleted. I would vote to sell it. If it's a name/reputation thing then why not sell it, but agree to rename it something like that, so that the content can be retained.

14. ddxcb

ddxcb Gota J.T.A.G. That Xbone Yo.

rip going to miss this place just like xboxhacker and xbox-scene. ahh the good times i spent on these places.

Blob and GoTeamScotch like this.
  15. mathieulh

mathieulh Problem Solver

I used to have an account on OG but it's gone now. Anyway I registered again, how do I obtain refugee status there?

16. FromAllAspects

Hi mathieulh,

Have a talk to Morphic and place a screenshot of your account (sometimes they can find it without one) and it's as simple as that. I hope this helps!

Kind regards,

FromAllAspects

mathieulh likes this.
  17. FromAllAspects

I can invite you to my chat if you like.

Kind regards,

FromAllAspects

18. Dreamcastmaster

Dreamcastmaster Active Member

So he's taking his ball and going home?

Pinta77 likes this.
  19. FromAllAspects

Pardon me for my ignorance (hahaha), but what does that mean exactly?

Kind regards,

FromAllAspects

20. Aeonic Butterfly

Aeonic Butterfly Member

It's a phrase meaning that if he can't have the site, no one can. Imagine a kid visiting his friend's place, and they're playing soccer. The kid isn't winning and so instead of losing, he just quits in the middle of their game and takes their ball, heads home, without letting their friend win.