NOTICE This forum to close in 30 days

Discussion in 'Site Help and Suggestions' started by ASSEMblergames_Admin, May 29, 2019.

1. FromAllAspects

FromAllAspects PlayStation Collector

Would you like me to pass the message, if he will ever read it? I can do everyone the favour. It makes me sad as well seeing this forum meeting its avoidable, but inevitable end.

Kind regards,

FromAllAspects

2. Looney Bin Jim

Looney Bin Jim Spirited Member

Of course. I’ve said my piece. Hopefully he’ll listen. But probably not. Hopefully I don’t get banned for my actions. Guess it doesn’t matter anymore...See you all on OG

3. FromAllAspects

I hope I don't either. If anyone wants to say their last words to Kevin, I'll leave an invitation for everyone to join the group chat on here. Just say the word and I'll bring you into it. Anyway, if anyone needs me, I'll be on OG. Take care everyone.

Kind regards,

FromAllAspects

Last edited: May 30, 2019
  4. Susumu

Susumu Newly Registered

I never ended up posting here, but I've lurked for years, and I'll miss the great community and posts from longtime members. Thank you for everything, everyone!

FromAllAspects likes this.
  5. FromAllAspects

It's no problem at all. Likewise. I'll miss this forum too. Even though I haven't been on here for as long as the rest of you, it was a pleasure. I won't forget it. It provided me with a lot of information I didn't know previously. It's something I still have to pay back. Maybe we'll all see each other somewhere down the track?

Kind regards,

FromAllAspects

6. Esppiral

Esppiral Enthusiastic Member

Is this for real?

Anthony817 likes this.
  7. FromAllAspects

I really wish it wasn't.

Kind regards,

FromAllAspects

8. pool7

pool7 Site Supporter 2014

Only time will tell... let's see in 30 days.

9. sonicdude10

sonicdude10 So long AG and thanks for all the fish!

Well this is sad...

10. piplup10036

piplup10036 Gutsy Member

It's a shame to hear, this place has been the go to website for years to get info on prototypes and other unreleased info. I guess all good things come to an end though.

11. Milenko

Milenko Newly Registered

I'm a lurker, I haven't said much on these forums. But I am familiar with Bad and throw my vote in for him to take over if he's up to it.

Looney Bin Jim likes this.
  12. idc

idc Spirited Member

Sounds like a build-up for another "donation drive". Don't fall for it, folks.

While there is a fair amount of content here, this is a pretty low bandwidth, low traffic site. The claim that $120 a month hosting is required for this forum is ridiculous.

13. beepboop

beepboop <B>Site Supporter 2013</B>

Very sad days. Thanks for running it all this time, ASSEMbler, despite the various hardships over the years. It's been fun and very educative, I hope people will regroup somewhere at the end of it all.

14. Buyatari

Buyatari Well Known Member

This sucks.

If anything can be done let me know. I have money.

Blob, AUSTIN PEYTON, fusion and 2 others like this.
  15. vbt

vbt Spirited Member

sad news, i'd prefer to see a support campaign and reach the needed money

Last edited: May 30, 2019
  16. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

You know, I've done my best to be nice to both sides of the argument here just in the hopes that it will not cause issues.

Kevin, you seriously need to get your shit together, sell the fucking site to one of the MANY people willing to pay for it over the last year, and move on. You have made 1 effort to keep this site going, and that's paying the bill for server time and applied security updates. You have made it harder for everyone moderating for you to keep this site functional on a user-level, you've locked us out of our own uploaded media, you've made it impossible to edit posts, you've made it impossible to allow new members to show up,

Enough playing innocent, enough dodging the criticism. Ultimately its your choice if the site goes down because YOU are the only one not willing to let it continue. Site in debt? Cool sell it and make back whatever you can, and fuck off since you clearly no longer care and want no part in it. Someone else who is more than willing can run the show.

We all saw you fucking around, while the site was down especially while everyone who could make it go back online securely was not allowed access BY YOU. We all know you have health issues and were willing to handle things while you worry about health, but you instead didn't let that happen, costing long time friendships of yours in the process.

Thank to your radio silence in every form of way we can communicate to you the site has reached the end because YOU didn't want it to change. Yeah, I am in fact accusing you of running the site into its grave when you had time and time again to change this.

If this ends up being my final post, fine. If you decide to turn this around and let someone else take the wheel, fine. If you want to kill the site early instead, fine. Its clear nobody here will ever change your fucking mind anyway.

And with that, the choice is yours. Sell the site, let it die, at this point you've shown it wont matter anyway.

17. Stevie Goodwin

Stevie Goodwin Spirited Member

Really sad assemblerganes closes in 30 days. Thanks for all the good times. Who’s gonna take over the site to keep the site running?

18. chillerecke

chillerecke Member

For shame, I'm gonna miss you guys!

19. Gentlegamer

Gentlegamer Active Member

20. truemaster1

truemaster1 Intrepid Member

lets hope that someone will make kevin undreastand and give him the keys.