NOTICE This forum to close in 30 days

Discussion in 'Site Help and Suggestions' started by ASSEMblergames_Admin, May 29, 2019.

1. Bens411

Bens411 Member

No.... Just no...

2. Pikkon

Pikkon "Moving in Stereo"

It's been fun guys.

AUSTIN PEYTON, good and takeshi385 like this.
  3. ActSean

ActSean Active Member

Holy moly! Such sad news! :( This has been such an important forum for so many years and we have all learned and shared so much together. I truly hope that this can continue under someone else's ownership. That being said, I understand that nothing lasts forever, but at least all the information collected over the years is backed up over on the Wayback Machine. https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://assemblergames.com

Anthony817 likes this.
  4. Ergot_Cholera

Ergot_Cholera Flaccid Member

5. dj898

dj898 Site Supporter 2015

it's a shame.
    guess it will be another chapter in my memory...

6. vinyl

vinyl Spirited Member

This is a shame, so many good stuff and gaming history were created here, laughs, things people have never seen before, great auctions and giveaways, amazing sells and buy, people who are sharing their developments and how they did this.

Thanks for everything AG.

FromAllAspects likes this.
  7. Doomtrain

Doomtrain Active Member

Damn, I mostly lurked but this website taught me so much. I'm gonna miss this place and the huge amount of info it has.

Zant likes this.
  8. SiZiOUS

SiZiOUS Spirited Member

I’m so sad to read this. AG is such a great place for rare/dev stuff, and for my case, the Dreamcast section is really epic, especially about the Katana Dev.Kit. I’m so disappointed and just want to say thank you Kevin.

Anthony817 and darcagn like this.
  9. The Perfect K

The Perfect K Robust Member

Man, I've been coming to this site since way, way back in the old days of the internet, before this was a forum, way back when Assembler Games was some dude's personal page with lots of photos of his rare games collection in a web 1.0 layout, even if I don't post very much. This is where I learned about things like the Hi-Saturn Navi, and where I've bought some really cool things that I can't otherwise find on other online stores. Definitely feels like a part of my internet history is coming to a close. Sad sad times, thanks so much to everyone who helped keep this site alive for so many years. It wasn't wasted, this stuff is honestly an important part of my life :(

FromAllAspects likes this.
  10. Aeonic Butterfly

Aeonic Butterfly Member

Lurker who loved reading the topics for an excessively long time. Like, since 2003 about.
    Whether I actively participated or not, this forum is a part of my life, and I hate to see it go. It was nice knowing you, ASSEMbler, hope you find a place to roost elsewhere!

11. wanszai

wanszai Rising Member

Kev

Thanks for opening this site way back when. Ive been around here for years (second account) and have always dropped by every few days to see if anything new was happening.
    Met some great folk here and done some good deals, learned a lot more than I intended.
    Regardless of the drama that ensued, thanks Kev for starting something that I hope we as a community can carry on.

All the best dude, I hope you find something your as passionate about now as you were this community back in the day.

*checks out.

12. vlaktor

vlaktor Newly Registered

Thanks for all the hard work kev. Sorry to see it end like this.

I’m a long time reader here(+15 years). It makes me very sad to think about all the knowledge that will be lost here. This is bad news for retro game preserving. I hope somebody will be able to carry on with at least an archive for this forum. Take care.

13. VGPBuckA51

VGPBuckA51 Rising Member

SSL certs are free, but super cheap hosting isn't going to cut it for a forum this size. I pay about half that for VGP and my other sites and have a fraction of the traffic Assembler gets.

14. Bryceless

Bryceless Newly Registered

I wonder if someone is going to archive the site somehow.

23 years of information being lost to the sands of time would be VERY damn unfortunate.

15. runkthepunk

runkthepunk <B>Site Supporter 2013</B><BR><B>Site Supporter 20

A damn shame.

I have always appreciated the knowledge, enthusiasm and dedication of the members here.

Hopefully something can rise from the ashes in some form or another.

16. FromAllAspects

FromAllAspects PlayStation Collector

Trust me, someone is going to create a mirror service for all of this. Nobody will leave behind 23 years of valuable information/assets. I know there will be. Regardless, we can't kick the bucket now, it's too much of a risky move to make in such a critical time as this.

Kind regards,

FromAllAspects

17. Looney Bin Jim

Looney Bin Jim Spirited Member

I place my vote for Bad_Ad84 to take over. He is certainly capable and is one of the original pillars of AG. He is also a very fair man and extremely knowledgeable

darcagn likes this.
  18. Looney Bin Jim

Bad_Ad84 should take over. He has wants to do so, and has the capabilities. We live in a democracy! Place your vote!

19. Looney Bin Jim

You spoke my mind for me FamilyGuy. Glad to see others are on the same page. Please, please consider it Kevin...Please *Sniff*

20. wheelaa

wheelaa FM Towns / MD Addict Site Supporter 2010-2015

All the best ASSEMbler.