NOTICE This forum to close in 30 days

Discussion in 'Site Help and Suggestions' started by ASSEMblergames_Admin, May 29, 2019.

1. contrafan

contrafan Peppy Member

My god, love that shit

2. unclejun

unclejun Site Supporter 2011-2014

Not sure if you can contact him on soundcloud or mixcloud, but you shouldn't have any issues finding him on facebook.

3. Pinta77

Pinta77 Gamecube Fanatic

[​IMG]

Durandal likes this.
  4. viper_phase1

viper_phase1 Member

See ya on the flip side.

5. Diablodin

Diablodin Peppy Member

If there truly only is a few hours left, I'd like to say thank you, all of Assemblergames.
    I look up to this community and I've enjoyed this place since lurking back in 2008-ish. I've seen, discussed and bought so much interesting here, and it's the one go-to site for me these days.
    My biggest wish for the future of the community is that we actually do start over, leave all our grudges behind and avoid new ones. :)

Last attempt... You! Give me a chance to buy the last set of Diablo PS1 dev discs already!

Since we're sharing.. I hope someone else enjoys weird electronica.

6. Geo Wash

Geo Wash Member

Last few hours...fck it.

All join this GTA San Andreas Server--Crazybob's Cop & Robbers [server ip: 167.114.42.236:7777 & 167.114.42.237:7777]:

--This sht been around for fckn 12 years--

7. darcagn

darcagn Site Supporter 2013, Site Supporter 2014

What if the site just mysteriously stays up forever? Hmm

Pinta77 likes this.
  8. ACHEESEDANISH

ACHEESEDANISH Active Member

I will pay infinite Paul coins to have assembler stay up.

_XBOX_ likes this.
  9. Nully

Nully Dauntless Member

I don't understand why he didn't just put a donation banner up or a charity auction. Other gaming forums do this all the time and no one complains. I doubt most would even care if you pocketed whatever is leftover because running a forum is a pain in the ass, he has to be in his 30s or 40s nowadays. People have junk laying around they don't care to sell and just post lots and people take it and funds goes to the owner, very normal..

LuizNai likes this.
  10. Sienar

Sienar Robust Member

Why is there a banner saying it will close in 30 days now? Seems a bit late....

11. Durandal

Durandal Spirited Member

12. Shadowlayer

Shadowlayer KEEPIN' I.T. REAL!!

Welp, the end of an era

And no I'm not dead, just busy

Durandal likes this.
  13. FromAllAspects

FromAllAspects PlayStation Collector

Simply put, he doesn't care about the forum anymore. As I've said before (and I'll say it again), I've tried like many other people on here to reconsider his choices, but it will always fall on deaf ears. A charity auction or donation would be great, but what's the chances people will come back to this site? (if in the event it would ever happen?) It would be very unlikely. It's sad to say, but it's the end of an era.
    It's been that way since last month. It seems it hasn't been coded to include a timer. (It must be easy to do, but you know, it's Kevin after all. Hahaha)

Kind regards,

FromAllAspects

14. TerdFerguson

TerdFerguson ls ~/

15. Durandal

Durandal Spirited Member

Accurate, especially the part where the Assemblergames community gathers the dragon balls to resurrect the site, only for Kevin to deny the wish.

16. Shadowlayer

Shadowlayer KEEPIN' I.T. REAL!!

BTW wheres the archive going to be hosted? neocities?

17. Pinta77

Pinta77 Gamecube Fanatic

OG put this up. Not sure if that's what you're asking

https://www.assembler-games.com/

18. Pinta77

Pinta77 Gamecube Fanatic

As far as farewells, I'm going to miss this site. It's sad that I really only discovered it right at the tail end. I learned about this site right when all the mods quit, right before you couldn't make an account anymore. So I guess I'm fortunate in a way. I dont really know a lot of you very well, and I know you definently dont know me very well, but I did get to know a few people, like @Cat man .

I appreciate everyone's help with my basic gamecube repairs, and thanks for all the greater work you've all contributed. It's been great.

19. FromAllAspects

FromAllAspects PlayStation Collector

I'll be serious here, rather than joking around. (I felt I wasn't being too mature in this situation)

This will be where I end my talks and thus, where the road ends, sadly. (in other words, a proper farewell) I became a member of this site back in late-2017 and I enjoyed every minute of it (even if it meant some form of drama emerging. It will tend to happen wherever you go, no matter how devoted you are to a forum. It's bound to happen anyway), learning a lot of things along the way, such as prototypes, development systems, repairs (I've nearly repaired my SCPH-10000 PlayStation 2 from the dreaded RDRAM failure, so thank you to @TriMesh!) and so much more. In a way, this forum motivated me to kickstart my gaming collection and more so, a development collection. (something I didn't think of until joining)

I may not have been here for as long as the rest of you, but I am honoured to say that I felt like I was a part of a huge family and that's quite rare to say. It really did amaze me how many of you were welcoming, even when it was right near the end of this site.

Thanks for everything and hopefully we can meet again somewhere down the track. I'll miss this site immensely. It did provide a lot of great memories, even before I offcially became a member. In a way, it's sad to know that I was one of the last members to register on ASSEMbler (much like Pinta77 and many others) before its demise set in.

Kind regards,

FromAllAspects

RIP ASSEMbler Games
    1996 - 29th (or 30th; depending on time zones) June, 2019​

Durandal and Pinta77 like this.
  20. truemaster1

truemaster1 Enthusiastic Member

with a tear in my eye

rip