NOTICE This forum to close in 30 days

Discussion in 'Site Help and Suggestions' started by ASSEMblergames_Admin, May 29, 2019.

1. LuizNai

LuizNai Robust Member

Good bye Assembler, it was a pleasure! Thanks everyone for all the things I learned because of you!

2. SMK

SMK Member

I'll miss this place, got in touch with some really cool people. See y'all elsewhere!

3. sp193

sp193 Site Soldier

AssemblerGames was the only place I found where I could go to, to have a serious discussion about exploring the hardware and software of obscure consoles and development equipment, without those typical end-users who only care about the end-product. I also got opportunities to look at and gather information about the rarer PlayStation 2 models from the collectors around here, whom I would like to thank too.

Finally, even though @ASSEMblergames_Admin has decided to throw in the towel and move on, thank you for creating this place for bringing the community together. The greatest irony was that to date, this was the only one of the three forums that I frequent, which supports mobile view properly.

Personally, I have moved on with life too. Having a new job and all. So I guess I will see you guys around!

uyjulian, Shiva, Taijigamer2 and 5 others like this.
  4. marshallh

marshallh N64 Coder

Hard to believe it's been 13 years. I joined around the time I just started messing around with n64 homebrew, and a member here (FH) graciously offered to ship an extra PsyQ n64 unit. Ended up using the crap out of that thing, I developed the mgc 2011 demo on it which for some unknown reason won some kind of award :p
    Actually I still have that unit and will never sell it, because it was very special to me that someone would be interested in the fun stuff I was doing and willing to give encouragement, it's one reason I am still nuts about n64 these many years later. Also others from here that were willing to share tips/tricks code, Calpis, barc0de etc.

Thanks sp193 for the posts you've done here especially on PS2, very informative and great info. I will be using the archive to look at this stuff later as well.

This forum took a turn somewhere and slowly the userbase started to change, it's been a dead man walking for some time now. Will miss everything but it's best to pull the life support and let nature take over.
    Props to Kevin for doing the legwork to keep it on the net, we all have our various issues but I know upkeep takes work and effort that has to be commended at the very least.

pitsunami, krHACKen and Durandal like this.
  5. Durandal

Durandal Spirited Member

For me, it was around the advent of Discord and the first major period of site downtime - 2016 I think, memory is shoddy on this.

6. lwizardl

lwizardl Living The Dream

sad to say goodbye to a place that was like my second home :(

XboxTestKit, _XBOX_ and Esppiral like this.
  7. SiZiOUS

SiZiOUS Spirited Member

So the deadline is today, I guess this is my last post here.
    See you at OG!

LuizNai and -=FamilyGuy=- like this.
  8. reachC

reachC Member

I started a new AG.com alternative + archive a few days ago:

ASSEMBLERgames.org

I know most of the community has already moved to other places like OG, but maybe someone is interested in building an new community.

LuizNai, XboxTestKit, _XBOX_ and 2 others like this.
  9. Maverick

Maverick Active Member

Good bye....

XboxTestKit likes this.
  10. karsten

karsten Member of The Cult Of Kefka

No need for extra fragmentation imho... also there's like 4 full backups by now.

But hey! Good luck!

And nice last day assemblergames.

11. Sienar

Sienar Robust Member

how many hours left?

12. Nemesis

Nemesis Peppy Member

By my calculations, about -14.

13. Durandal

Durandal Spirited Member

When this baby his $120 a month, you're gonna see some serious shit

14. FromAllAspects

FromAllAspects PlayStation Collector

Didn't think the deadline would come so quickly. Oh well. Hahaha. Farewell, ASSEMbler. You will be missed.
    K Kev

Kind regards,

FromAllAspects

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
    AntDRAG likes this.
  15. _XBOX_

_XBOX_ Rapidly Rising Member

[​IMG]

16. Esppiral

Esppiral Enthusiastic Member

So is most of you moving to Obscure gamers?

Don't know were to go now :/

Maverick, Shadha, ActSean and 2 others like this.
  17. FromAllAspects

Hi Esppiral,

Most of us have resorted to ObscureGamers. Others have gone to other ones such as Dreamcast-Talk, PSXHAX, et cetera. There's even a spinoff of this site (I'm unsure if it's any good) called, assembergames.org. It might be worth a try, but proceed with caution. I hope this helps and hope to see you around on another forum!

Kind regards,

FromAllAspects

Esppiral likes this.
  18. Gojiratron

Gojiratron Rising Member

I haven't been on in a while because life has a habit of getting in the way. I come by today and see the banner at the top. Bloody Hell. All the best to everyone who contributed and thanks for the info.

FromAllAspects likes this.
  19. ActSean

ActSean Active Member

Yeah, most people are over at Obscure Gamers, including myself. Out of all the sites you mentioned, it seems to be the best. Dreamcast-Talk and PSHAX are too specific. Obscure gamers, like assembler, covers a very wide variety of topics and there are loads of assembler refugees there. Not sure what's going on with assembler.org... as of this writing it looks like very few people have signed up over there.

20. FromAllAspects

I thought I would add those ones in case people were there. (I have no idea what the activity is on PSXHAX, but the WTB section is virtually dead; no one ever replies to anything, they'll just watch it and go elsewhere, which is frustrating, unless it's a modded/jailbroken PlayStation 4. Actually, come to think of it, even Dreamcast-Talk doesn't have much activity going on, especially for their online servers, which I guess is just X Link Kai) They do tend to be a bit specific on just one platform, it's usually more convenient to have every platform on one source. (especially to communicate to people who may not be anywhere else) In regards to assembler.org, I was going to put my name down for it, but it seemed like a ghost town after a second glance. (Obscure had hundreds of people on its launch) You'll usually see on Obscure talking about a few things, such as my collections and general development stuff.

Kind regards,

FromAllAspects