NOTICE This forum to close in 30 days

Discussion in 'Site Help and Suggestions' started by ASSEMblergames_Admin, May 29, 2019.

1. Pinta77

Pinta77 Gamecube Fanatic

Pay lawyer fees? To hand over a freaking web forum? This isn't even a business, it isn't making any money. This seems pretty simple to me, assuming you were to hand over/sell the site to someone who has been here forever and can be trusted. And several people matching those qualifications have offered.

I'm happy that Mr. Kevin is enjoying life, (I have no personal grudges. I know almost none of you on a personal level) but this is all so over dramatic. The way I see it, this could have been very simple. Hell, he could have even made money by selling the site. @Mack , this is why the site has to die. There is no hope. There is less than 0% of a chance that this shit show could ever turn around.

Cat man likes this.
  2. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

Why would you need to pay lawyer fees just to sell the site? The site isn't copyrighted, there are no legal rights to be conferred. I think you're just making more excuses. And BadAd already offered to buy the site, so I would assume that would include whatever stuff you want to add on to that.

I think you mean that we've tried several times to come to some kind of healthy working relationship with you, to no end. We've been trying to get any kind of communication from you for months, with no response until just a few days ago. You call that a working relationship?

I’ll say this; I’m glad that you’re at least talking to us now (kind of). Just don’t blame anyone but yourself.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
    good, emuler, zzattack and 3 others like this.
  3. stuntpenguin

stuntpenguin Spirited Member

Check your email when you get a chance. I'd pay the outstanding debt shown, help secure user data, and hopefully continue the site. My lawyer hasn't handled many website transfers, but maybe we can figure something out.

4. FaZyCrUcK

FaZyCrUcK Spirited Member

What a huge shame.

I've been registered here 15 years, but was lurking quite a while before then.
    I won't join the bandwagon and slate Kevin - Easy as that might be.
    I'd actually just like to say thanks, I've enjoyed this site for almost half my life, and have taken some very valuable information from it.

I'll be really sad to see it go - I hope someone can buy it out at least, and kick some new life into it.

Is anyone considering setting up a facebook group for members, until this gets resolved one way or another? It would be a shame if all these years of input and connections totally broke apart.

emuler likes this.
  5. Pazzard

Pazzard Active Member

lol

good likes this.
  6. Plavix

Plavix Rapidly Rising Member

Obviously the ADMIN doesn't give a shit about the site anymore. Just let this site die and go to obscuregamers.com

good likes this.
  7. Pazzard

Pazzard Active Member

Agreed. BTW Kevin, everyone knows you are a total fuckwit. (Sorry It's not official, I guess I would need to pay lawyers fees?)

This is aimed at Kevin. You are a total drain, and never did anything for the community apart from help yourself.

You banned my original account before for no other reason than I disagreed with you.

You are a total cunt, and I hope you enjoy knowing that that is all you are to a significant bunch of people. Your "I will sell it, plus "lawyer fees" sums you up.

I donated to you in the past. You are a total cunt, and not even capable of admining a forum.

8. _XBOX_

_XBOX_ Rapidly Rising Member

I will miss this page very much, there are so many nice memories connected with it. Besides, my adventure in the sense of betas, prototypes and equipment started from her.

Thank you Assemblergames for that!

Ps. I am overwhelmed by the toxicity of some people in this topic. You can see that the good behavior of some was only for the show.

emuler, dcsw2k7, Stipo360 and 2 others like this.
  9. FromAllAspects

FromAllAspects PlayStation Collector

Look, we've been given ample time to relocate elsewhere. As I've said before, this site is a lost cause now and something that's not worth pursuing. Even though it's sad to say, it's reality. Recover as much as you possibly can and move on. In the end, it's Kevin's decision, sadly. All I can say is, to a certain degree, Assembler's legacy will continue to thrive in some way, given the amount of information that fellow members have given others. There'll be a site dedicated to every single piece of information that has ever existed on this site, thanks to the kind people at ObscureGamers.

Trust me, don't fight, it's over. It's not worth it, otherwise if it does continue at this rate, some of us may leave on extremely bitter/bad terms. I won't lie, I'll miss this place too, but it's for the better that we relocate and create some new memories!

Kind regards,

FromAllAspects

10. -=FamilyGuy=-

-=FamilyGuy=- Site Supporter 2049

Yeah, no need for name calling and insults. It's sad that this forum comes to end, but no need to harass each others over it.

Kevin did run a great and very unique website for years. He hasn't been perfect, of course, but it's still pretty good and better than most others would've done. I, for one, am happy to learn that he's healthy and happy regardless of the negativity here.

Everyone deserves peace of mind and happiness. If Kevin can't find it here, he's entitled to look for it elsewhere, regardless of our precious feelings.

As for the lawyer stuff, it's normal for the owner of a gray-area website to want to do a proper legal passation of ownership. If there is any legal problem in the future, they don't want any trouble. I'd say it's similar to a small business.

PS: All I have in mind right now is the old @Bad_Ad84's avatar
    Internet: serious business.™

11. FromAllAspects

No one's perfect. Not even us nerds. (no insult intended, think of it as a compliment) Hahaha. Exactly, at the end of the day, whether we agree to it or not, it is his decision after all. Negativity will only make us as a community more and more toxic.

Bad_Ad84's avatar. Wasn't that The Tick? It seems a bit off that it's now gone.

Kind regards,

FromAllAspects

12. -=FamilyGuy=-

13. FromAllAspects

14. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 The Tick

The tick was fairly recent. The whole other time I had the one family guy linked.

Ill be having a chat with @Jord9622 later today (we are both in LA for e3! ) to see if we want to pursue taking over the site or not. I kinda feel like it's taken too long - OG has gotten loads of members and this site barely has any posts now.

Think OG has built up the require momentum.

Feels like at this point it may be best to let it die. If there had been a reply the first day when I posted - it would have been better.

But will see what @Jord9622 thinks too.

good, Pinta77, zzattack and 2 others like this.
  15. Tongara

Tongara A Clockwork Knight~

Please don't get me wrong, I too am glad to hear he's in good health and would never wish anything bad on the guy like that. I've simply pointed out that I think he's dumb for the way he's handled the server (true) and the accusations he's made at people in the past (also true), and do not have much patience for people who just repeat things they *think* are true, but can be quite damaging. Also, have pointed out a lie from Kev along the way.

I do recognise though that some people on here clearly hate the guy with a passion, and are expressing such. I can somewhat get that, but it's whatever, and sometimes it's a bit OTT. I don't personally know him enough or care about him enough to hate him.

I guess people just see this as their last chance to vent at the dude, and they feel people such as yourself are being far too lenient on him, and are giving him what they fell he "deserves". That isn't for me to say, and I don't think he's actually reading such things for the most part and/or caring about them, which is also fine.

The site is pretty much dead now. It is what it is~

16. Mrneo240

Mrneo240 Enthusiastic Member

So Kevin sells the site, keeps a backup and legally wrecks every member he doesn't like?

Or is there actually a positive outcome?

17. Plavix

Plavix Rapidly Rising Member

This site died years ago. Let it go and move on.

Pinta77 likes this.
  18. arnoldlayne

arnoldlayne Resolute Member

Just curious, but when things go wrong over at Obscure Gamers will we get a similar display of rants and raves and insults? Some of you folks are doing a piss poor job of promoting the site. I was offered an invite as a refugee (thanks to the person who offered) but dear god, if this is what some of you are like, why the hell would anyone want to sign up? The average mental age seems to be around 12-13 and some of you clearly have serious issues you need to be dealing with.

On the other hand, great to hear from Assembler and good to know he's fine and, as he clearly said, moving on... and frankly speaking, I think most people would have moved on a long time ago given the downright childish behaviour of some of the people posting here. Never let it be said that the site died without a healthy dose of drama.

Someone should go through this thread and list all the multitude of different insults thrown in his direction, there might be enough to fill a thesaurus if it keeps going like this (although I think we're already there) - and some of you really need to take a good hard look at yourselves - you need help.

This thread would make great material for a psychology student :)

Keiji Dragon, Rocky, _XBOX_ and 2 others like this.
  19. -=FamilyGuy=-

While I certainly agree with most of your post, I must say that the feeling and momentum at OG is very positive right now.

Your presence would be a valuable contribution there in the future if you want to join.

Pinta77 and rey1178 like this.
  20. Diablodin

Diablodin Peppy Member

PM Kevin or tag him here with your offers, and otherwise let's just move on, please.

Attached Files: