NOTICE This forum to close in 30 days

Discussion in 'Site Help and Suggestions' started by ASSEMblergames_Admin, May 29, 2019.

1. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

If you look for my post somewhere in the thread you'll see that ive done my best to not pick sides and instead just roll with it until now. While I'm not migrating to any specific place I am leaving with words that I would normally not say outside of the circumstances at hand.
    Also keep in mind, other users here specifically "TheNew" have tried to fake cancer stories and hide under other names in an effort to jerk out emotions from people to get them to buy his worthless data. I really only call people out on their bullshit when it's needed.
    I understand your response wasn't specifically directed at me, but I feel the need to at least explain myself since what I said. All of our time in this world is limited, and we'll all spend it our own way, good or bad. Let's just hope this arguing moves along quickly.

rey1178 and good like this.
  2. Anthony817

Anthony817 Familiar Face

Nope, not directed at you at all per sey, it was just in a general sense at a whole section of people here. I have just seen a lot of people saying some pretty nasty things here and there. Sure, some people say he may or may not have cancer. But all I am saying, is if it is true, and nobody has proof saying otherwise, then it is pretty shitty if people are bashing him and he truly does have an illness.

I don't know what to believe either way myself. I still don't know if he even has an illness other than maybe a mental one here or there. I don't know, but just seen people say some pretty sad things after all the good that has been brought forth because of this community. I love this place like a second home. I also am highly disappointed in his actions and am pretty pissed off he hasn't taken up people on their many offers to buy it from him. I do also think a lot of it is over spite.

It was he himself after all who made the site, so sure, he can do what he wants. Do I think we are owed more than 3 short sentences? Absolutely. Sure, it sucks. But then again, if this place goes under, we just gotta stay over at Obscure Gamers and rebuild our beloved community there and just press on.

Taijigamer2 likes this.
  3. speedyink

speedyink Site Supporter 2016

Unfortunately the world is filled with assholes. Threads like this paint a pretty black and white picture as to who each person is really like. I get some of the anger or disappointment, but I don't get the being an asshole just to be an asshole. Nothing in this world owes you a damn thing, get over yourselves.

4. kreg

kreg Spirited Member

For the sake of theory, could the admin just reset every user password, forum admin password, database account password, etc... to "assemblergames" and then post a dump of the entire database file somewhere? That would let us who know how to setup a web server, to host our own private instance of the site in a lab. It sure would make for a great resource to explore, with all the functionality working.

This site is equivalent to The Great Library at Alexandria. Some here have suggested that the forum is filled with garbage and confused information. When I have sought answers to things that I have worked on, it was helpful to find others confused by similar questions. It was also helpful when they were told misinformation, so long as the correct answer resulted in the end. Having all of those journeys in tact, are of great value, just as much as the resulting information by itself. Having a true database dump of this site can retain this.

I have consumed much from this site, and I appreciate all of you. My hobbies are more than just entertainment. They have taught me many things. Many here may not realize how they have contributed to me. I really am grateful for each of your shared knowledge and experiences. The obsessive deep dive into obscure projects here were not found elsewhere. You are super heroes.

emuler, dcsw2k7, Diablodin and 2 others like this.
  5. GoTeamScotch

GoTeamScotch Spirited Member

People are already working on making a working backup of this site and are making great progress, even without access to direct backup. Stay tuned.

6. Geo Wash

Geo Wash Member

If you have Twelve Tales: Conker 64 or any other unreleased protos....Now is the perfect time to leak that sh*t before the "World Ends" [Assembler]. Thanks!

7. SMiTH

SMiTH Member

sad to see this place end.
    it was a great resource for console stuff.
    but, nothing lasts forever :(
    so what do i need to do to get refugee status at obscure gamers?
    let me know.

8. FromAllAspects

FromAllAspects PlayStation Collector

I'm glad you asked! Have a chat to Damien/Demon, Morphic or Bad_Ad84 and say you were a former member of ASSEMbler Games. If you'd like, I can do you the favour of inviting you to my group chat regarding the Refugee status. They're all really good people to have a chat to.

Kind regards,

FromAllAspects

9. Ergot_Cholera

Ergot_Cholera Flaccid Member

Why do we need refugee status? Some people take all this much too seriously.

10. FromAllAspects

The reason behind obtaining Refugee status is due to the fact there will be a special part of the forum former ASSEMbler members can have access to. Since the forum has only just rebooted, it'll take time. Some may take it seriously, others not so much, but it at least it'll have a purpose... Hope this helps with your question.

Kind regards,

FromAllAspects

Anthony817 likes this.
  11. Goemon

Goemon AG Member since 2005!

Dude, just because there is no moderation anymore and the forum is gone soon does not mean you can insult people here.
    True, what is happening here is Kevins fault but insult will never establish a fruitfull discussion.

Same here... Besides that, I don't think he is. I think he has some personal problems and propably has to fight some demons.
    Depression is a huge issue.

12. FromAllAspects

All I'll say is, let him be. At this rate, it's best if we move on. Trust me, it's for the better. I've tried to get in touch with him in regards to the future of the site, but unfortunately it fell on deaf ears. It's a sad time in gaming history, but think of it this way, we can create a greater history through various forums, letting people in on information that wasn't otherwise known outside of this site. It'll probably surprise a lot of people. As Goemon said, you can't insult people here, especially in this forum's final days. It won't establish anything whatsoever. All I say is, move on. It's not the end of the world. Referring people to different forums is one of way of making people think less about giving up on the video game, prototype and conservation scene. It would be a waste to see such influential people go and never return.

Kind regards,

FromAllAspects

Anthony817 and arnoldlayne like this.
  13. Solotaire

Solotaire Spirited Member

At the very least, if a backup is successful, its a history we can still build on. Let assemblergames.com become a flushable DNS reference, and install the Assembler Games Histories in all places that appreciate games and games preservation.

14. FromAllAspects

Exactly. If successful, it's a future we can all look forward to, with much more to come down the track.

Kind regards,

FromAllAspects

LuizNai likes this.
  15. FuckinFrog

FuckinFrog Rising Member

Honestly, didn't we all see this coming?

FromAllAspects likes this.
  16. LuizNai

LuizNai Robust Member

dcsw2k7 and FromAllAspects like this.
  17. FromAllAspects

Absolutely! It'll be great to see you around on OG. I go under the same name as here, so I'll stick out like a sore thumb. Hahaha.

Kind regards,

FromAllAspects

18. Tongara

Tongara A Clockwork Knight~

While I agree depression may well play a part, the way he runs and has always ran this server is absolutely dumb, and I question the sense of someone who would pay $120 a month for a server to run a forum like this. Even with a dedicated server, the cost should be 1/4 - 1/3 of what it currently is.

Others who have a genuine idea of such have echoed this, and this is not a new development, so I will stand by that comment. Other than that, I don't think I've been particularly harsh towards him.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  19. Lum

Lum Officer at Arms

This fellow claims to own Radio Allergy for the Gamecube. But they haven't been seen on the forums in years.

https://assemblergames.com/threads/radio-allergy-gc.13914/

20. pstrick1

pstrick1 Site Supporter

Yeah. I've seen pictures of the Radio Allergy disc for the gamecube.
    Kiff owned it in mid-2011. Don't know who has it now.