NOTICE This forum to close in 30 days

Discussion in 'Site Help and Suggestions' started by ASSEMblergames_Admin, May 29, 2019.

1. GoTeamScotch

GoTeamScotch Spirited Member

That sounds great! Xbox-scene was one of the earliest forums I made an account for. It would be very cool to get back into that.

Anything I can do to help?

2. segasonicfan

segasonicfan Robust Member

I see nothing wrong with making attempts to find a new owner. What could it hurt? If the site dies, it dies oh well. No harm in trying.

Btw ur pic is scary. you were so hard to beat with 0 Rings before Doctor Robotnik :0

3. Zant

Zant Active Member

This is all so sudden..I guess I just want to say thank you all for making this such a great place over the years. I really mean that. ASSEMblergames was a source of invaluable information to me and it always will be, even if it's just from the Wayback Machine archives.

I wonder, ASSEMbler (Kevin), what are your plans for after this forum ends? Will you still find some way to keep in touch with the friends / collectors you met on here over the years?

Also, if you're reading this, I would seriously consider passing the site over to Bad_Ad84. I can't think of anyone better to take on that responsibility.

stayhye and TheShadowRunner like this.
  4. Taemos

Taemos Officer at Arms

I remember finding this forum when I was in high school computer class. I got to see a lot of cool hardware/software I wouldn't normally have access to and even had that sweet TEST PS2 for awhile.

I wish there was a happier ending (or no ending at all) to the site, but honestly I can't say I'm surprised. I don't ever remember the admin ever being particularly present. I sincerely wish him good fortune and fulfillment in his personal life. To the rest of you (if anyone here even still remembers me), thanks for the good times.

5. Meer

Meer Spirited Member

Thanks for having me. I got to see many cool releases, on here and learn much about prototypes and the ilk.

Be well, you did a good job running this place, but some things dont last forever.

6. bluexcell

bluexcell Spirited Member

Damn, it's an absolute shame. Thank you to everyone that contributed and made this place special.

Take care guys!

Zant, XboxTestKit and saibot_20194 like this.
  7. Tongara

Tongara A Clockwork Knight~

So yeah, now that we know this forum won't be lost thanks to some cool people (even if Kev pulls the plug), it's worth just coming here:
    https://www.obscuregamers.com/

Hope to see you all there~

uyjulian, Meer, AUSTIN PEYTON and 2 others like this.
  8. iriez

iriez Active Member

And it may be that just like the x-s scenario, year after year will go by hoping to get the domain only to have it be renewed every time. We may be playing this waiting game forever.

Good news however! Crunchbite just confirmed with me he will try to finish the x-s backup this week, and he is currently scraping a full dump of assembler, so we will be able to do this for assembler as well.

In pursuit of that...I would very much like to open registration up to users who can prove their assembler usernames. If you would like to preserve your username, please do the following -

Generate a unique serial/gift card # here - http://generator.voucherify.io/# (click gift card / serial template then hit generate, choose one and copy). SAVE THIS! email it to yourself, multiple backups, whatever you gotta do, if you loose this I won't be able to guarantee giving you access to your old username!

Then PM me with the subject "assembler backup username reservation" and paste me the serial #. I will store everyone's response, and when the backup is live I will on a per-request basis grant users access to their old usernames.

Note - I cannot guarantee any timelines as to when this will be live.

9. saibot_20194

saibot_20194 Spirited Member

Good bye to everyone, it's been a long journey, I'm proud that I was able to be a member of this wonderful site for many years, there will not be a site like this anymore, have a good one guys.

10. Diablodin

Diablodin Peppy Member

You mean we could have our own accounts back if you were to resurrect the site one day, by using a backup?

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
  11. João Rodrigues

João Rodrigues Newly Registered

12. GhostSeed

GhostSeed Rising Member

I missed the mod purge a couple of years ago so I was surprised to see what's happened to the forum since then. As long as there's a backup of the forum for informational purposes I think it's best to start fresh somewhere else. I'll see you guys around the net.

13. Atenhouse

Atenhouse Analog Kid

Well, it's been a ride.

Syclopse likes this.
  14. VaNDAL

VaNDAL Rising Member

You fucking twat!! Sell it! Offer it out!

15. FromAllAspects

FromAllAspects PlayStation Collector

Trust me, we've all tried. He's abandoned ship. You may as well recover as much as you possibly can and retreat to another forum. I'll recommend the one in my signature as a lot of us AG members have gone there. It's already a thriving community and it hasn't even been a week yet! (nearly 500 members) Personally, I'm just appalled at how unprofessional it was. It's not on, but I've gone to the point where I don't care anymore about this site. What matters now is having all of us former members going somewhere else (we can't ponder on the past and decide defeat). Take it easy and trust me, I feel the same way.

Kind regards,

FromAllAspects

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
    good likes this.
  16. karsten

karsten Member of The Cult Of Kefka

Mod purge?! :D get things right lol

17. _XBOX_

_XBOX_ Rising Member

OMG legendary GhostSeed it's here! :eek:

I wanted to thank you Sir very much for Kameo build for OG xbox.

Cheers!:)

18. senzer

senzer Active Member

Rip! At times, this forum was a good read. Lurked for years, even before I signed up. Sadly as time passes we are taught that death is a part of life. Here's just another memory turning to dust.

Fairwell

-=FamilyGuy=- and XboxTestKit like this.
  19. PS2Guy

PS2Guy Lost in the neverending abyss.

Wasn't this forum sold ages ago?

I think $120 a month is bit excessive to keep this place running?

I run a server in the US that costs me $120 a year with free SSL certs so not sure why you're getting ripped off like that.

20. Tongara

Tongara A Clockwork Knight~

Because, he's dumb.

ExcruciationX likes this.