NOTICE This forum to close in 30 days

Discussion in 'Site Help and Suggestions' started by ASSEMblergames_Admin, May 29, 2019.

1. karsten

karsten Member of The Cult Of Kefka

"People have limits and he was pushed to his" Like what? being away for months leaving the place rot? Being asked for improvement by his mods (that actually run and kept going the boat for years) and users? Refusing very generous offers for what is basically just a www.name.com since it's became stale and dieing by the lack of innovative push? MANY offers where made to buy all in the years.

We all helped and kept thing going and running, covered kev's issues, be motivational or of health. Users generously donated along the years even when the hosting costs were deemed by most people unreasonable, people endured even the offline period with zero communication, and the aftermath where we mods had to enforce damge control and tried to pull back people here; and even started digging contact to spread the news during the downtime....

Really i have no clue what was so exhausting. I think we did all the possible to actually make the things as easy and plain possible, and rid of all the boring, problematic everyday work and issues a community like this one creates.

Let's be honest, kev has chosen to be aside on a bench for years, before and after the offline period, leaving others to run it all.

2. pichichi010

pichichi010 Rising Member

Well I've been actually acquiring source codes, unreleased games and roms and protos for a few years now. But instead of just getting a copy of the software, I made sure we bought the copyright of such things. There is a little bit of everything on what we got. Some stuff I plan to commercially release, other stuff I just plan to document and release to download for personal and educational purposes for a period of time. I was going to do it through a youtube channel and my main site (as I would own 100% of the rights to release it) but I then saw this website was closing down so it would have been the perfect way to do it and release and document all the stuff that I have.

But if the owner won't considered, kind of sucks, will have to go back to youtube and opening a FB forum.

Diablodin and Taijigamer2 like this.
  3. GregoryRasputin

GregoryRasputin Newly Registered

Always been a lurker, never a poster and i find it sad that my first post will also be my last.
    This site had valuable people, posts, threads etc and to see all that go to waste because of a stubborn and immature owner, is quite annoying.

stayhye and MainJP like this.
  4. karsten

karsten Member of The Cult Of Kefka

Consider joining https://www.obscuregamers.com/ we are going to have a front page soon and push user created content, youtube videos, articles and such. Also lots of users are registering and moving there

5. chippy2000

chippy2000 Plague von Karma

Guess I'm going to migrate to ObscureGamers like the rest of the old regulars are.

I've been a constant lurker on this website for years, although I moved away during the radio silence period from Kevin. It's helped so many people - including myself - with so much. I don't think I would still be game collecting and researching like I am now without it.

I hope @Bad_Ad84 gets sold the website, but given Kevin's possessive nature and history...I wouldn't hold my breath.

FromAllAspects likes this.
  6. Comp1demon

Comp1demon Spirited Member

7. iriez

iriez Active Member

Fortunately some good news here.... we have been able to re-create the majority of the forums from xboxexperts backup. We've (Me/xbins and Crunchbite, the x-link kai dev) been working on it for nearly a year, and most of the work is done, just keeps getting pushed back because of other higher priority stuffs.

But it will go live this year. You can see a old kinda broken version of it here -

https://xbox-scene.xbins.org/forums/

My goal was to open up registration again, have users petition to reclaim a old account. This can be done for assembler as well. Someone just needs to do a full scrape now, and then we can rebuild the forums and take the assemblergames.com domain when it expires. Its not optimal...but its the best thing we can do since Kevin has decided he doesn't give a shit anymore.

8. sonicdude10

sonicdude10 So long AG and thanks for all the fish!

We all best move to Obscure Gamers. Place is looking good and those of us from here will get a special tag and such. Bad_Ad84 has been hard at work with Morphic over there to hopefully turn the place into our new home.

9. WorldGenesis

WorldGenesis irc.worldgenesis.net

It looks like the AssemblerGames.com domain expires in about 3 years >_>

10. abveost

abveost Peppy Member

For all the people hoping to buy the site for a pittance or pick up the name when it expires you might want to have a look at how names can be monetized. Kevin can simply park the name and earn more than you're offering. I guess there's no harm in fantasizing but even if he was interested in selling it ain't gonna happen.

11. gmipf

gmipf Active Member

I have just archived some important threads to my personal archive.org web archive. Is there any way of exporting all PNs?

stayhye and XboxTestKit like this.
  12. Greg2600

Greg2600 Resolute Member

Ehhhhh, Facebook is slow, buggy, and plain stinks for reading content older than 6 hours.

Well, the domain name is not as important as possibly losing the MASSIVE amount of content in this forum's database.

Taijigamer2 and Anthony817 like this.
  13. sonicdude10

Yeah. All that can be saved has been backed up for archives. That includes the hidden sections.

14. TriMesh

TriMesh Site Supporter 2013-2017

I don't think you needed to qualify that with the "older than 6 hours" bit...

15. sonicdude10

Facebook is ass. I would know running that community I started ages ago for Dreamcast GDROM loaders. We are trying to move to Discord or something but many there seem insistent on using the FB group...

16. Nemesis

Nemesis Peppy Member

Don't waste your time trying to offer Kevin money to buy the site. He doesn't want your money, he wants the power trip he gets from having something you want, and ultimately denying it to you. He's a hoarder. He's always been a hoarder. This isn't about money, and it isn't about preservation, it's about him wanting to be the only one, ever, who can possess something, and enjoying the process of rubbing it in your face. I guarantee you Kevin is reading every reply in this thread. Every desperate plea to keep the site afloat, or offer money for this or that, is giving him what he wants. Don't kid yourself, he won't reciprocate. His plan is to bury himself with his collection, this site, and anything else you might want from him. I see the same behaviour from my two year old, taking things from her brothers so she can watch them beg. The smug satisfaction he gets from this will wear off quickly and leave him feeling pretty hollow. Just head over to https://www.obscuregamers.com and rebuild there if you want to preserve the community. Kevin has no interest in doing that, unless it's to string it along a bit longer so he can threaten to smash it to pieces again in another six months.

17. sonicdude10

Do you think his health problems have fucked his brain up? That's all I can think as I remember this place was booming back when I joined in 2012. Then around 2015 or 16 it started going downhill and I took my leave as I wanted no part of it. If Kevin wants to be a dipshit in this regard, let him. We are done with this shitty game he is playing. I migrated over and will slowly rebuild the info I have given here over the years. Dreamcast, OG Xbox, Sega Genesis/ Megadrive, and so on.

stayhye and FromAllAspects like this.
  18. FromAllAspects

FromAllAspects PlayStation Collector

Exactly. As I said to another member a few pages back, I don't care about this site anymore. It's a shame it's happening, but at least ObscureGamers is taking its place. @PixelButts and @Durandal had their fair share to say and let's just say it wasn't the nicest. Anyway, OG is AG's future and it's looking good already.

Kind regards,

FromAllAspects

19. Nemesis

Nemesis Peppy Member

I honestly think he simply lost interest in participating and leading the community. Health issues, while I'm sure real, also became a convenient go-to excuse for not doing anything. If he cared about the community he would have transitioned over the community to new owners, or at least stayed as a shadow admin and appointed one or two other people admin rights to lead the site. Unfortunately, I think it's clear at this point his ego and need for power and feeling important trumped the good of the community, and he couldn't let this site be run by anyone else, even though he himself had no interest in doing it anymore.

20. sonicdude10

The health excuses are bullshit. I have some serious health issues that may well kill me sooner than later yet I don't let it get to me. I do all I can still. Granted he may have more serious shit than I do but the point still stands. He's just using it as an excuse to be a fucking dipshit now.

FromAllAspects likes this.