The upcoming Everdrive NES- what shell should I choose?

Discussion in 'Everdrive General' started by wilykat, Feb 16, 2013.

1. wilykat

wilykat Site Supporter 2013

Unlike Famicom cart shell that came in damn near every single color (clear shell ever made?), NES are very drab in comparasion. 99% of the NES carts are all grey with 1% being gold for Zelda, Zelda 2, and NWC. Only idiot would tear apart gold NWC for the shell :topsy_turvy: so it'd have to be one of the Zelda.

RetroZone offers transparent red, green, blue, and clear NES shell. I already have red (PowerPak), blue (NWC repro), and green (home brew game) and I don't want clear.

So either I get a Zelda game to sacrifice for the shell or I get something more common (I have around 50 SMB/DH combo they pop up like weed around here) and paint them something different. Any idea or suggestion as to what color shell might be good for the upcoming EverDrive for NES?

2. StoneAgeGamer

StoneAgeGamer Intrepid Member

If you want RetroZone shell you may want to buy ASAP. I wouldn't be completely shocked if those are removed from their from site once EverDrive-N8 (NES) comes out. Maybe they will leave them up, but I wouldn't be surprised if they take them down as well.

3. Lum

Lum Officer at Arms

Yes. Salamander had a clear blueish shell.

4. AlecRob

AlecRob Robust Member

Why dont you do what Stoneage gamer does to their carts and get a regular NES cart and dye it any color you want?