the unreleased code veronica x for dc

Discussion in 'Sega Dreamcast Development and Research' started by truemaster1, Jul 31, 2016.

1. truemaster1

truemaster1 Enthusiastic Member

mistakes happens dont worry. im full today, im hepling a guy here for a vga hack so tomorrow i will have a look:)

2. fafadou

fafadou Enthusiastic Member

I have seen you have a new challenge.
    Good luck ;-)

It's not good again.
    I don't know what happened. I continue to search.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2016
  3. truemaster1

yeah i see on it now i will have a look too

ok i create a good cd version of cvx fr. looks to me that your problem is the comunications between daemon tools and disk jugler. i found before some days that clone cd is also compatible with dreamcast (i burn some copies for a friend i also learn to create valid cdis from gdis) i use the latest version of daemon tools and works with clone cd fine.

4. fafadou

clone cd is better than discjuggler with daemon tool ? Maybe it's why I can't do some cdi with skies of arcadia.
    When I did a cdi with the full datas, everything is good. So I continue to search what I'm doing wrong.
    Do you have a link for clone cd ?
    If you share the cd of recvx fr I want it too ^^

I have finished mine first GD. It's ok but I can't downsample the VOICE.AFS like I did for the english version...
    It do almost 82min maybe too huge for burning.
    I can use french video or us either no problem.
    For the second gd it will be too huge if I can't downsample the voices. I have to find another things to downsample.

5. truemaster1

dont worry im uploading both cds now it will be ready till tomorrow both cds are 79 min they will fit 700mb just fine

6. fafadou

Whaouh ! What have you downsampled ?
    Be carreful I'm almost sure the MV_015 is more longuer in the complete version than the one you have include in the RECVX fr.gdi.

here my last version : I'm almost sure about the 1st GD but I can't check the second :
    http://frd.li/b3b947e2ae4fb6461ca9936fb2b75d4e

7. truemaster1

cloce cd images
    cvx cd1 fr https://mega.nz/#!zUZRFYAK!_8x133w55PgFxfC4WMUHzasGLJufw73ygrL7q-74gI0
    cvx cd2 fr https://mega.nz/#!XcxSjZJa!F4MRLUC7FCxeVrW-G8f4r4s_PbGHPwKrFzwUDym-NJc
    both cds are fit 80 min cds with a nice dummy to put data to the edje of the disk for smooth reading

all videos but you may wont notice anything:)

this time are good but are longer than 79 min the overburn may work or may hit and miss files.
    anyway the clone cd images i give you will fit without overburn

8. fafadou

there is not a add scene in recv complete aftr the credits ? I'm afraid that miss.
    I thought the minute more was for that.
    Now we can share, 60 persons have tried the recvx version in english (45 with 80min and 15 in 99min) by the isozone. A very nice score.
    Thanks for have a look so quickly. Of course I tried your version as soon as possible :)

9. truemaster1

no the movies are all ok ihave beat the hell out of it. i have 400 downloads from the english gdi

10. fafadou

Whaouh 400 download, very good !
    Ok for the videos, thanks.

I'm sorry to insist but look at this picture
    It's just more names (MV_015 is the credits). Is there something for the story ?

you have downsampled the SFD more than me and the quality is always good. Well done

Just before you finished your recvx fr rip I have finished mine. This is in .cdi so more easy for share :
    http://frd.li/3cd8f8eef2bfecb41352b6fe779475b8

I'll try it if it's ok I share this week end, I have optimize the size using data1 with 65mb space more available as familyguy says.
    For the dummy, I use always a little one, more the dummy is big, more the loadings are fast ?
    I use the MV_015 fr version as you did.

I can't do better, now I hope the help for 1st_read.bin comming soon...

Attached Files:

11. truemaster1

the images are fine:)

the left image is the recvx ending the right is the standar version the cvx is better for me. but thats a very small detail use the one you like more.

12. fafadou

The first cd too ? It doesn't works on nulldc, I think I have not downsample well the MV_000.SFD, I try something for downsample less but it doesn't work.
    In order to keep the game in one cd I keep for now the recv credit. I prefer not downsample any other video.
    But if one day I have the perfect 1st_read.bin perfec as we dream, I put the recvx ending ^^
    You have mastered the dreamcast tools, I'm really impressive.

13. truemaster1

try sfd_pack the downsample is not visible

but you can also share the clone cd images i give you (i dont know why but i didnt need to put any files on data1 puting files in data1 means more loading since its in inner cd circle)

14. fafadou

I want but in the isozone there is only .cdi iso...
    Where can I share your clone cd pack ?

15. truemaster1

the only thing they want is the upload server to be firedrop only. the image type is not a problem. unless im missing something. but its your desicion. just make sure everything you share is working ok.

16. fafadou

I have the SFD_PACK_3 and inside I can extract the m1v and the sfa with convert sfd, I downsample the m1v with tmp_encoder, I have found in an other pack, and finally I use sfdmux to create my SFD downsample. I don't know how to use the others tools...

And alleluia my last version, I'll burn it for me and if it's work in my dreamcast I put in the isozone.
    https://firedrop.com/4f18720fa1fcc028a62dddf8036ce6cb

If you have a better way for downsample videos, I'm curius to know how to do please. if you have time of course.

I have removed the password and I share the RECVXFR game :
    http://www.theisozone.com/downloads...ident-evil-code-veronica-x-fr-vga-compatible/
    I tried to contact POVAROZ but without response for the moment.
    I hope japanse_cake can find an issue with dino crisis soon and he could help us after. If you have the game ready with the Japanese 1st_read.bin with all the effects and no game bug but only the text, you may share it for him. it may could help.
    I can keep the file in firedrop if you don't have enough place.
    I have to go away for my job this week. So don't be surprise if I don't answer. Anyway for now, we have to wait :)
    Have a nice week

17. truemaster1

in my english upload i include the japanese 1st_read.bin and in the readme i give instructions how to recreate it as ntsc-j. both povaroz and @japanese_cake are doing vga patches. i highly doubt they will do this kind of coding but you never know:) @SiZiOUS can help but he has long time to visit (i hope hes ok after all things happen to beautiful paris from those terrorists)

18. japanese_cake

japanese_cake Spirited Member

I posted a message on my blog to explain why I can't really work on it this week but I will be happy to give you a hand on this one ;)

I also read your previous messages in this thread and saw that my re:cv patches are not working. Sorry about that. I think they are just partially working (because I always test what I release). I just cannot spend time playing games. This game was one of the firsts I patched so I think I did the minimum testing (don't like playing those horror games). Now with Dino Crisis I have a better picture of how Capcom was coding games then I am not surprised anymore that my patches are not enough :)
    Can you send a vmu save for RE:CV so that I can easily reproduce the bug? I had to hack Dino Crisis to be able to trigger some specific parts of the game to make sure the VGA mode was working correctly but as I have a lot on my plate, I would appreciate to have a save ready to test things out. (And sorry for hijacking the thread!)

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
    truemaster1 likes this.
  19. truemaster1

sure i can undreastand that you cant test a whole game. espesialy if you dont like it. you have nothing to sorry about. the vga problems here are 2 the game is coded to run at 50 hz (not my english upload its native 60hz) so forcing a pal recv to play at 60hz the voices and the characters lips are out of sync. and when enter a certain room the game will revert back to non vga 50hz, there maybe another rooms. (this happend on pal recv using the demul emulator) i will upload a save for you in a while (i dont have it now but reaching this room is not a long time play)

heres the save its for recv pal-e https://mega.nz/#!HU4BySLS!eXQB45577dZUP0evZD1jnhpoTfsYicMLRij0FL_YTmw
    now about this project can you help about the 1st_read.bin issues?? this game interest a lot of people but requires someone that can undrestand the 1st_read.bin.

20. carlos andre

carlos andre Member

as you change subtitles in the game: for example, that phrase that says this game contains violent scenes.
    How do you change this sentence early in the game.
    If you can guide me I thank you.