the unreleased code veronica x for dc

Discussion in 'Sega Dreamcast Development and Research' started by truemaster1, Jul 31, 2016.

1. pitito

pitito Rising Member

Ok thanks,I've tried a little (15 min) in VGA mode and functions properly, but does not support special text "ó or ñ" but otherwise this perfect

2. truemaster1

truemaster1 Enthusiastic Member

ok thanks for reply. so should i make you and the second cd??

3. pitito

pitito Rising Member

Yes!! and thanks for the release!! :)

4. fafadou

fafadou Gutsy Member

Yes please. the complete release is welcome if you have time. What a pleasure to have the subtitles.
    Like said pitito the caracters like é and à etc... who don't exist in english are above the next caracter after but it's very playable. I don't play enough to find a document but I hope it will be ok.
    I will try to create a .cdi like I did.

I have seen that 31 persons have download the .cdi files of RECVX in english and enjoy your amazing work truemaster :)
    I think the caracters problem is the same you have in your 1st version of 1st_read.bin and the second of 1st_read.bin but in lower level because japanese and english are very different than english and spanish or french.
    Do you know a software we can use to modify the 1st_read.bin by ourself ? you have try with shenmue binary traduction but is there an other way ?

truemaster1 likes this.
  5. truemaster1

no no tools for 1st_read.bin:( im one man army here. if someone could help with the 1st read.bin this game would be complete by now. its the only issue. the 2nd gdis francaice and espanol will be ready until night

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  6. fafadou

fafadou Gutsy Member

I have finally a response from japanese_cake, he's busy for now but in few weeks he will help us ^^ maybe 3 weeks I think.
    I'm curious about the tools he's using for 1st_read.bin. I think he uses Python but I'm not sure.

7. truemaster1

lets hope he can do it for all languages as well

8. fafadou

fafadou Gutsy Member

Create a RECVX_FR1.cdi for 80min and 99 min (now I'm faster lol).
    If you want to have a look in the 80min version, I give it a try this evening :
    http://frd.li/62e5a7cb6a9f61666b4acd7ec8c91989
    If you have time, I wait for GD2 FR.gdi but I think we'll have some surprises to come.

9. truemaster1

your image is fine:) 2nd gdis for both espanol and francais are uploaded check the first page:) @fafadou yesterday i catch finally a gdemu order:):):) with gdemu say goodbye to cd burning, no more downsampled crap, direct gdi or cdi support and faster loading. you can check in you tube yourself. deunan the head behind the gdemu didnt make big batches he will open the orders again in 2 months (propably) keep an eye in his main page

fafadou likes this.
  10. fafadou

fafadou Gutsy Member

You could have one. Good luck to you.
    I hope I can buy one soon. It's a very good stuff.
    You say my image is fine but I can't use is with null dc, if you tell me it's ok. I burn.
    The documents in RECVX FR have the same problem than speakings the é and è etc. take the place of the next caracter but it's playable well.
    I did a .cdi about the gd2 tomorrow.

Please when you have a moment try those isos :
    RECVX FR GD2 : http://frd.li/c3e6a5a9b164fdc14ab33564f748cf5a
    MTV skateboarding :http://frd.li/4bce592aee8279bf86a3c6f277cfc674
    skies of arcadia : http://frd.li/0c9053d71414a3c93e9dc23b3df4adee
    sorry for the off topic files but I want your opinion about. There are games pal vga patched by japanese_cake. Like for you I have done a .cdi to see if it works so please try them.

You said you use the american 1st_read.bin for RECVX FR and ES ? you don't use the pal vga patched 1st_read.bin file ?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2016
  11. truemaster1

ok ive tested only the code veronica (time is limited until saturday) my apologies ive mistaken the 1st cd is missing screens the memory cards the eidos and capcom logo isnt shown up it happens in 2nd cd as well (yesterday i had mistakly load the gdi version by accident and thought is ok) yes im using the usa 1st_read bin the patched pal ones break vga when entering certain rooms so in order to keep steady vga 60hz the usa bin is the only way for now (until japanese cake make proper vga hack)

12. fafadou

fafadou Gutsy Member

ok the usa 1st read.bin is the best option.
    No problem take your time, thanks to give it a try.

13. truemaster1

mtv skateboarding is ok but it wont fit 80 min cd is 83. skies of arcadia is 1gb image and is not playing the emulator reboots

14. fafadou

fafadou Gutsy Member

I don't know why soa doesn't boot with emulator. I do anything different from RECVX...
    I try to do a MTV 80min size now.
    Thanks to have a look I just want to be sure the files works or not.
    Now go back to RECVX :)

I'm sure about my RECVX FR.cdi
    I share them monday or tomorrow if I have time.

Here for have a look :
    http://frd.li/e7efc4256192ec92b0b67d64620d751c
    I share it in the isozone.

15. truemaster1

no not yet they are not ok. this time the screenes are ok. but the dialog voices are out of sync. did you mess with voice.afs?

16. fafadou

fafadou Gutsy Member

I have downsample the voice.afs.
    I must have a look... Thanks, i don't see it I have just try the introduction. did you have used the french file or the japanese file for voices ?
    The MV_015.sfd RECVX with the credits is more longer than the MV_015.sfd pal. So I put the MV_015.sfd longest in the files.

I have asked three guys who had shared some translate game. Maybe they could help.

The problem with the subtitles is only in vga mode. I have the same problem with the .gdi file.

I think for now, we can't do better...

17. truemaster1

no noithe subs. the speaches are out of sync. i recheck the gdi the speaks are ok. the voices are from french version and the file is also updated with the new wesker voices.

18. fafadou

fafadou Gutsy Member

ok Ihave seen the problem, I try to correct it.

I have used the same video than US but with your euro voices, maybe there are not exactly the sames. they end sooner than the european and the voices are not synchronizes and looped to the beginning.
    I try with the US voice, it looks better for me. I have taken the US FMVs because there were already downsample and the MV_015.SFD is longuer but maybe it wants to say nothing.
    If those files don't run correctly I take the file you used too.
    http://frd.li/4808825fe64d44ea4f4a42a0567aaa88
    i try them this evening.

19. truemaster1

mixing the voice.afs between versions or cds is wrong. the videos in pal fr custom gdi are from pal fr gdi (exept the intro video after capcom logo this is the exclucive video of recvx and is from japan version) as i told you i recheck the fr gdi version i make. the voices are correct. the only issue is the async with subtitles but thats normal all pal recv are programed to run at 50hz and we run them now to 60hz (for vga support) do this start a new game and watch claire speak with the black guy in prison do it with my gdi and then start a new game with your cdi and watch the same dialog and you will see

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
  20. fafadou

fafadou Gutsy Member

You have right as always :) . when I downsample the FR videos, they are a little bigger than the US.
    here my new attempt with voice fr and video fr as you gave :
    http://frd.li/e7efc4256192ec92b0b67d64620d751c
    Don't worry if you don't try, I'll do it latter. if you could tell me for the second GD, I have not savegame for try it.
    Have a nice day