the unreleased code veronica x for dc

Discussion in 'Sega Dreamcast Development and Research' started by truemaster1, Jul 31, 2016.

1. TerdFerguson

TerdFerguson ls ~/

There's a program called CDIrip.exe that extracts the CDI, then you need to run isofix on the LBA value outputed by cdirip.exe on the larger track. Then open the fixed.iso with ISOBuster

2. fafadou

fafadou Gutsy Member

Thanks a lot ! I used cdrip.exe but when I used after extract.exe it didn't work. I will try with isofix.
    I have finished to create the resident evil code veronica x first cd-rom :) I burn it with imgburn but I don't test with my dreamcast for the moment. the RECVX_1.cdi have lenght 80min25s so you have to overburn a little, it looks great with NullDC (I can't install Demul on windows 10). i compress the sound but I don't ear the difference with the original and unfortunally I have to compress the introduction video (only the video not the sound), I see a difference but just a little. If the result works on a real dreamcast may I compress the others videos and not the introduction. it's a shame for me to downsample one of the best intro for dreamcast.
    So now, How can I send you the file ?
    I hope the second part will be arrived faster ;-)

3. truemaster1

truemaster1 Enthusiastic Member

if you can find 99 min disks the 1st cd is fiting without downsample:) (i used to buy from ebay)

4. fafadou

fafadou Gutsy Member

Yeah it's true. But I'm thinking about those who don't have cd99min. But I can do a complete .cdi, it takes no longer of time.

I read your comment again about 1st_read.bin files. For me, the 1st 1st_read.bin have a lack of effects but run ok if you split some scenes just before the end. And the 2nd 1st_read.bin have all the effects and scenes but the text are in japanese for documents and sometimes out of the screen during the game.
    Have I true ?
    I used the first 1st_read.bin, all the scenes are available ?

truemaster1 likes this.
  5. truemaster1

yes the 1st version 1st_read.bin will play ok (full english) but the extra scenes found only in 2nd version have some mising effects. but the video plays correct.

6. fafadou

fafadou Gutsy Member

Ok, I have almost finished the second gd-rom. I will do a cd-99 .cdi too.
    I don't try for the moment the cd with my dreamcast... I cross my finger everything will be ok ^^

7. truemaster1

the game will work or not work in the real console no other harm will happen..

8. fafadou

fafadou Gutsy Member

I guess. You have right.
    I have tried my cd and it works.
    I have to tried the second cd now, I burn it just now.
    when I will finished, do you want the .cdi files to put them on the isozone ? It may interest a lot of dreamcast fans.

truemaster1 likes this.
  9. truemaster1

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2016
  10. fafadou

fafadou Gutsy Member

thanks. I hope you'll find the way for fix the second 1st_read.bin
    No, I found them just now, you may put them in the .gdi downloads part and not only in the forum, it could be tests by some fans who could help you.
    i'm sorry I can't help you more.
    When I test all my .cdi files (99min and 80min) and I will happy of the results I put them. But I am not no registered in theisozone and firedrop. Is it free ?

truemaster1 likes this.
  11. truemaster1

yes firedrop is free. i didnt put it in gdi downloads because is not retail game. its a modded one

12. fafadou

fafadou Gutsy Member

Ok thanks I have almost done. I mix the PAL intro with the RECV_complete intro, anyway if wesker doesn't have effect it's useless to put them in the intro. Of course I prefer the PAL intro :p
    I will put the files in the isozone but of course I put your name, it's your works I don't want to steal it.
    I have found some guys in the comments in this forum subject who has modified the 1st_read.bin in order to pass RECV pal in vga mode because RECV pal doesn't have this option. the link is talking about skies of arcadia but it's the same problem. Perhaps if you contact them, they can help you :
    http://japanese-cake.livejournal.com/6343.html

13. truemaster1

fine by me:) make sure you test the game first, and address any new issues exept the ones already known. (if any) before upload there. ahh big diference between a simple hack and a complete rewrite of a code. but i will speak to them and thank you.

14. fafadou

fafadou Gutsy Member

It's looks, it's "japanese_cake" who's made the code for the 1st_read.bin. If we can look inside the 1st_read.bin maybe we can muxing the two versions. But it's not so easy as you said.
    I have some diffculties for create the image of the cd 2 in 99min size. It looks it's too huge for discjuggler...
    I think I put this week end after a last test with null dc and in my dreamcast after burning.

it looks he's french, I send a mail to him in order to explain.
    Wait and see.
    He has done some 1st_read;bin patched for non vga games. And so much things with the dreamcast bios ^^
    I hope he could help you.

truemaster1 likes this.
  15. truemaster1

disk 2 need to downsample if i remember correct movie 16 is the end credits, just downsample that.

16. fafadou

fafadou Gutsy Member

Thanks it's ok, now it's done. I have finally finished. It was so hard but I'm very proud now ^^
    I hope now japanese_cake answer me, for now he is working about a dino crisis patch which play the FMVs in vga mode (for capcom it doesn't matter to see the FMVs when you play by vga...a black screen is good enough). For RECV pal he did a 1st_read.bin patch for vga mode because the pal version don't have it.
    Now I have to zip everything in firedrop and the isozone and spread all around the world. I hope you enjoy the files and my personal intro ;-)
    Of course I will tell your name as often as possible.

Here the links for 80min files and 99files in two parts :
    https://firedrop.com/e2f76efeef7db1d4179004cfce4773da
    https://firedrop.com/96ba7867ba3ff75011dc6da281f56013
    https://firedrop.com/eb5d9e471389a4d90b1a62ed867d9d44

I create a count in the isozone but I don't know how can create a download page...

truemaster1 likes this.
  17. truemaster1

18. fafadou

fafadou Gutsy Member

For 80min :
    cd 1 : downsample the sounds in 22kHz stereo (from 44kHz, I don't ear the difference but maybe you can.) and downsample video of intro (not the sound only the video.
    cd 2 : downsampling sounds and all video except the exclusive FMV resident evil code veronica complete (MV_021.SFD)
    For 99min :
    cd 1 : full, nothing was downsample
    cd 2 : downsampling sound and few videos (I think there is only two FMVs were downsample but I don't remember which ones)

I zip with 7z manager and burn with imgburn, you have to overburn a little when using 80min cds but it works :)

please have a look.

19. truemaster1

sure i will have a look.

20. fafadou

fafadou Gutsy Member