the unreleased code veronica x for dc

Discussion in 'Sega Dreamcast Development and Research' started by truemaster1, Jul 31, 2016.

1. pitito

pitito Spirited Member

I found another little typewriter animation just when the character change is made
    With the Spanish text injected in the rdx jap the animation goes wrong with less sounds and 3 in 3 characters
    I don't know if the problem is in the Rdx or in the binary

Edit: This animation is fine, I checked the original and it goes like this

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
    fafadou likes this.
  2. truemaster1

truemaster1 Intrepid Member

width issue is still folowing us. before i change the original USA letters fond i had issues with letters some was on top of the other. now that i have change the USA font with the european source (file_001.pvr of the file_2 of the system.afs.) my letters spacing is fine. and at the same time, the timer clock was also fixed, the letters now are slightly diferent than the ones i came to know, are more tall and thiner but im happy that they appear fine. but there are issues on some symbols. can anyone confirm this?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
  3. pitito

pitito Spirited Member

What rdx is it to get there?

4. truemaster1

i have lost my old note i had what rdx is what map. and its an rdx that i use from the usa version i havent edited it like the japans one that i have marked in a new note what map are. if i remember correct the original USA fond had shown them nice i will check it at night
    in case you found it before me i will give you my original unmodded USA system.afs if its ok with this afs we can make a new font
    EDIT and no the USA fond has the same issue:(
    but i remember something some months back @fafadou have found the real offset for the widths
    the non japan bins have the execution of the code unlocked @fafadou and i were able to adjust widths by change values in that area. the same area is and on japan bin too, but no matter what we did nothing change. @pitito you are more skiled than me and @fafadou there is coneversation and pictures of the said area for both USA and japan bin here
    https://assemblergames.com/threads/the-unreleased-code-veronica-x-for-dc.62584/page-17
    if you can enable the code execution in this area one can copy the values from his original bin and paste it there and propably all things with width issues will forever solved

Attached Files:

5. pitito

pitito Spirited Member

Well, I have located the RDX is number 9180
    You have to locate what is marked in the image within the RDX text
    [​IMG]
    The FIX is as simple as putting a space between means of each symbol 01FF.
    You will also have to edit the last two pointers of the text, as the last 2 sentences will scroll. (This in my Spanish version, in yours you will have to verify it.
    The fix would be this
    060001FF0A0001FF1E0001FF0400
    [​IMG]

fafadou and truemaster1 like this.
  6. truemaster1

so the fix is in the rdx. i found the values you say. but if i change the 06 00 0A 00 1E 00 04 00 02 with 060001FF0A0001FF1E0001FF0400 it will extend the whole text more down there are pointers in the start of the file that tells where the text starts and where ends. and right before the begining of the texts pointers just like sysmes.ald does both need change? and one more question i just have finish editing the files there is a lot of unused text in my sysmes.ald its time for me to fix the compatibility load menu. i have found long before the values in sysmes.ald that will enable text in this area. what i cant do without a lot of tests is to find exacly the values that will corespond to the text i want to put in this screen. im gona show some screenshots one shows the values that corespond to the menu. and one that is unused texts i just need to know how to adjust pointers to this text. does the text (every text in sysmes.ald) have something that a pointer use to find

Attached Files:

7. pitito

pitito Spirited Member

For the fix you need to change the pointers after the sentence since they are the ones that move their sentences.
    To locate pointers select from the beginning of all the text including pointers until the beginning of the sentence, for example if you get a length 3BC you invert it and it will be BC 03, that is your pointer.

The same works in sysmes.ald

truemaster1 likes this.
  8. truemaster1

thanks ive manage to fix it and know i know to edit the poiners of sysmes.ald. and on the rdx case the one acting like sysmes.ald. my turn to save the day when you open the tray another symbols are in top of each other i will show a screnshoot (ive correct it in this) along with the new fix for this. the last pointer like sysmes.ald right before the begining of the text need a final adjustment for the text to be corect. if you dont know remember the combination is AA CROWN HEART and the symbol that is like an inverted heart

Attached Files:

pitito likes this.
  9. fafadou

fafadou Enthusiastic Member

Have you find finally an issue for those screen and the retry screen when we die ?

[​IMG]

10. truemaster1

your first mark will be fixed by replacing the fond. you need to extract it from the system.afs from @pitito note you cant use his afs as direct replacement there are some things that are language specific. heres how to do it, extract your afs and his afs the fond is on file_2 load both in hex editor and replace the first pvr and its palette from his file_2 to yours file_2 and repack system.afs. the secont mark is a fix on sysmes.ald locate the texts you need to center in the sysmes.ald and place them more right in their area and behind from the text fill with 01 FF or 04 FF that will center them. in my case they are left as yours but they are the one down of the other so i didnt fix anything. the right screen in the load compatibility menu. you need to find the values that put text in this area in my case is the offset 199C and 199D of sysmes.ald in yours it will be propably more down than mine because the francaise texts are bigger than english. and since now that we fix the files by editing pvrs you can change a text that was used for the files edit the now unsued text and write what you want to appear there and modify the pointers to read from the offset you put your new text. what problems you have in retry screen?

11. truemaster1

just finish my load compatibility menu. now we all know that this menu is enabled by the jap complete 1st bin only. the saves it accepts are only from original japan not USA not PAL, and it will confuse people that will play our translated game. is there a way to remove it? and the load menu to be just like the first version and other console ports?

Attached Files:

12. truemaster1

@fafadou im see now my texts. the texts you are showing in the second mark on the left screen is the texts when loading a game right? mine are not that left on the screen and they are one text exacly down of the other, i have mention that you have made unecesary changes in your 1st bin that is the issue. once you fix it the texts will move more right on the screen and will be one under the other its up to you after you fix the 1st bin if you want to make further tune in the sysmes.ald.
    @pitito i think i have finish my game it will be ok with most rdx from the usa original version? or it will be best if i translate the texts on the japan rdx and pass them in the disks? instead of the original USA ones

13. pitito

pitito Spirited Member

In order to load previous games of the USA version, you must change the name of a saving text of the USA version within the 1st, I did load previous games of the Spanish version :)

If I have finished it, now it is necessary to test it in case any fault is found that must be corrected.

I would pass all the RDX, there are many of them with certain code differences, maybe some corrected camera or some other effect, also if you already know how to do it, why do you doubt?

For FMV dialogues, the texts must be corrected at 60Hz, since in European versions they are created for 50Hz.
    Before and after each sentence there is a value that tells the phrase where to start and where to end and should be edited
    If this is not done in the French versions, the FMV will be out of sync at 60 Hz or VGA with the dialogues.

truemaster1 likes this.
  14. truemaster1

for the load compatibility do you know the offset that can i change for so it can use USA saves? yes always with a test first start to end. without test it will be risky. i will replay the game and checking and watching everything. yea i know how to pass texts on the rdx the ones with game play and videos will be little triky but i can. i dont doubt i just want to make sure that is really worthing. and yes you are right i had forget about the hz problem that is something that @fafadou need to check when make his rdxs. i take the tests from the USA version that is 60hz capable

15. pitito

pitito Spirited Member

Yes, although you should play with your version until it is correct.
    As you can see in the picture I have created my own names for saving the game, but there is one that I had to leave as the original Spanish
    You have to identify the saved name of the US version, you can see this from the bios menu and give it a name in the binary

In my case it is on the first line of the marking
    As you can see, it is the only name that does not have the X at the end of RECV
    [​IMG]

16. truemaster1

succeded on RM_0000.RDX but thats not the resson for write this. i already found a problem its the game manual file when i was passing the pvrs in item.afs i was on disk 2 i have found there 9 pages in this file. now that im on disk 1 the game manual has 4 pages total and if i load a save on a later map on disk 1 it have 7 pages. that meens the pages of the game manual inscreases and the contents after the first 4 pages are help for various maps in the game and unlock a page-s depending the map you are.

17. truemaster1

@pitito ive come across some rdx that are different when it comes to theire texts compared to others such us rdx-60-100-120 they have start of texts but not an end. even if i try to put texts the area before the start of the texts is used leaving no place for modifications and im sure others will come. any ideas?

Attached Files:

18. pitito

pitito Spirited Member

The other value does not mean the end of the text, but where another file begins

That part of addresses where the text is located is given at offset 10, if you realize it marks you a value of 80 which is right where the directions where the text is located begin.

Now if you look at offset 14, you will see that there is another direction and that it points to the offset of the MDL, so that would be your end

truemaster1 likes this.
  19. truemaster1

the replacement text isnt gona fit would be a good idea to put in the end of the file? (are not rdxs with fmvs)

20. pitito

pitito Spirited Member

I have replaced all of them in their place, even if I don't have fmv it can lead to other bugs
    If any rdx does not take the text you will have to redo the rdx, editing all the pointers that point after the text.

You can also move up, if you see that you have many 00 00 values, inject the text from bottom to top and then edit the start pointer