the unreleased code veronica x for dc

Discussion in 'Sega Dreamcast Development and Research' started by truemaster1, Jul 31, 2016.

1. truemaster1

truemaster1 Intrepid Member

2. pitito

pitito Spirited Member

That is your release :)

3. truemaster1

yes. in 2016 i had this idea of creating a version with all extras. i have cvx on my ps2. but dreamcast is where cv is borned. the game upload there is the same that had been upload here in the first page. i just found the page i link one hour ago but im not gona finish it alone so credit go to all of us 3

pitito likes this.
  4. truemaster1

ok i fixed the you died screem heard from wrong character when you select no in retry screen when jap bin is used,:) guess what those voices were not in voice.afs. but in adv.afs. thats better voice.afs is language specific in your file the voices are different a file_3 on english afs could be a file_6 on spanish and file_5 on francais. adv.afs is for all pal languages. its one adv.afs for both disks. also on extracted adv.afs the file_3 is the main menu showing the 3 characters. file_4 is the voice that saying resident evil. i had tried in the past to change the file_3 from ps2 to have a the main menu with the green x but pvr is uncompatible

Attached Files:

• ADV.rar
      File size:
      2.5 MB
      Views:
    fafadou likes this.
  5. pitito

pitito Spirited Member

In my version all that I have already done :)
    The textures of ps2 are tim2, you must extract what you need and pass it bmp, then with winpvr you can give it the pvr format.

Note: Dreamcast textures are 8bpp and 4bpp, to pass bmp to this pvr format you need to create bmp low color, 256 colors in some 16 colors in others

truemaster1 and fafadou like this.
  6. fafadou

fafadou Enthusiastic Member

Hi, congratulations for all you have done :)
    I'm sorry it's my turn to have some time missing for the project. But I'm still follow it, for sure.

I notice the english font and the european font are not exactly the same :
    https://assemblergames.com/attachments/Στιγμιότυπο-οθόνης-31-png.36729/

And for other european langages :
    https://ibb.co/9hNsRpx

The letters are smaller and the english font seems to be more complex and need an other VWF access, I'll compare the euro version, thanks to pitito to have located the constant size. Or maybe @truemaster1 you can import the non english euro font in the system.afs ?

7. yzb37859365

yzb37859365 Spirited Member

repeat repeat repeat

8. yzb37859365

I found the Japanese version of the place, you can upload your version of 1st file, I can see

I found the Japanese version of the place, you can upload your version of 1st file, I can see

truemaster1 and fafadou like this.
  9. fafadou

10. truemaster1

@fafadou if you follow @pitito and my examples you will patch demo text pause text retry text to your jap 1st bin for your fr version its 2 minutes job. so @pitito can you share your moded adv.afs for saving time for me and @fafadou? i also complete both game disks with latest patches and all working well:)

fafadou likes this.
  11. fafadou

Yes I have to do this for the french version :)
    I found some other text in the french version like : Essayer ? OUI/NON -> Try ? YES/NO and PAUSE -> PAUSED
    There are appear in the game finally ?
    But I wish to finish the VWF patch and all text, have you still the VWF problem with the englis version ?

truemaster1 likes this.
  12. truemaster1

yeah i have it. dont know how to fix it. i hate 1st bin and you know that hahahha. for what i undreastand there are 2 places to fix it one found by you and fix half oh the texts and one found by @pitito that fixed the other half propably both places need tweak. but we can leave that for the end. symbol fix and the documents fix is still needed. no matter what we have change the files shown in japanese just as they do in a untouched japanese version

fafadou likes this.
  13. fafadou

Ok but I'll keep it in mind :)

With my version I have the documents in japanese... Do you know where the documents are in the datas ?...

14. truemaster1

all 3 of us now use jap bin, we all have the documents in japanese. all pal and us version have the texts for the documents in sysmes.ald the 1st and second japan version have them in 1st bin their sysmes.ald are 18mb where pal versions have them 83-84mb.two ways to fix it i belive 1 change the correct address in jap bin to look for the documents texts in sysmes.ald instead of the 1st it self. the second one is more tricky and hope this way is not the only one @yzb37859365 show a page before the values that correspond to letters numbers symbols etc we can change the japan texts with an english ones via hex edit this method will be time consuming and ther is a chance that the replacement hexes are biger than one need to replace

15. yzb37859365

16. pitito

pitito Spirited Member

That is the problem, that I don't find that value to edit it according to the European version. Maybe this one with a different value
    You can use the original jap bin, or the one edited by fafadou
    and here I leave you the original Spanish pal
    The changes have to be made in the bin jap, so that you find the right places in the pal texture
    I pass the original Spanish code veronica bin in case you need it

http://www.mediafire.com/file/qo5p9e78ict8xxg/1ST_READ.BIN/file

And original jap code verónica complete edition

http://www.mediafire.com/file/tf8joft4w9md3xj/1ST_READjap.BIN/file

Here you have my afs in Spanish

https://mega.nz/#!vI0Q0YSB!VsqPmz1-0FxURPyeeU1AkEezzuOcnX86tS3ywGgzE1Y

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
    truemaster1 likes this.
  17. truemaster1

thanks for the upload. dam i forgot in ps2 version the main menu also change language for each language. you must take the adv from the appropriate folder english folder for english adv etc liiks like me and @fafadou need to make the conversion from scratch. anyway thanks again

18. truemaster1

ok i found my pal ps2 cvx version @fafadou if you dont have a pal ps2 cvx i can extract the file_3 from france adv.afs and give it to you. @pitito
    i have extract the file_3 from the ps2 adv.afs now that file needs to converted what tools i need for that?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
    fafadou likes this.
  19. pitito

pitito Spirited Member

With my afs you no longer need ps2 version, just replace the pvr in your language.

For the main menu you must edit the texture for French language you can take the main texture of the original French version and edit the new things, since the ps2 version does not bring the difficulty selection

truemaster1 likes this.
  20. truemaster1

so i extract your adv and take file_3 which is the main menu. then how i can change the language? do i need a tool? sorry for all those question:)