the unreleased code veronica x for dc

Discussion in 'Sega Dreamcast Development and Research' started by truemaster1, Jul 31, 2016.

1. truemaster1

truemaster1 Enthusiastic Member

ok im close to fix the u-t issue the area in hex edit is somehow wide, didnt expect that but with little patience and tests it will come off. @pitito try to put the kazenban sysmes.ald and try load a game the vmu1-2 selection will come normal but the yes-no will be japanese the good news are the pal sysmes.ald have readable texts. it wont be difficult to fiqure out the japan sysmes.ald in order to modify the pal one to work correct possibly easy fix. now like the system.afs sysmes.ald is language specifix the pal english one has yes no the others pal languages have no si anyway time to go to work friday i have day off

pitito and fafadou like this.
  2. fafadou

fafadou Enthusiastic Member

Great truemaster1 :)

for the last text during saving. I have to have a look closer, for me it works better with the original jap 1ST_READ.BIN. When I was trying to patch the subtitles, I must do something wrong...
    I'm sorry, hope I can change it soon.

pitito likes this.
  3. truemaster1

guys problem if i try to corect the T and U all capital T and U in the game breaks too here have a look now what?

Attached Files:

4. truemaster1

@fafadou im testing your latest 1stbin patch. and is looking amazing
    the character name in save menu is somehow small. but is not at all bad. now how the spacing can be more perfect you can see some letters are top on one another. still good and acceptable though. even the fatal frame 4 a horror game equal to resident evil that released only in japan and had more people than we are working the translation in english and still has worse width issues compare to your patch. than meens that the work on the 1st.bin is superb

Attached Files:

5. fafadou

The modif impact also the T and U ingame... Please tell us what have you change exactly ?
    It looks you have find the FONT :)
    It needs a patch in the 1ST_READ.BIN, or sysmes.ald, or replace the file in system.afs by the jap version. Don't know where it is for now...

I checked if euro version have a VWF access for subtitles and finally... not so the patch of ptitio is enough :)
    Just looking the last bug of before focus on symbol problem.

Here my last version of 1ST_READ.BIN patch :
    https://mega.nz/#!AzAHySDZ!6Dcy6Glu5P0N_PYWo_6zZ7GyIIyxldMpprjBObEP53o

I try to list the lasts text problem, tell me if something is missing :
    no text when you choose a VM for loading a game before to select a file.
    text on the left is written is a place on 1 letter only when zooming maps

pitito likes this.
  6. fafadou

@truemaster1 it's strange because on this screen i have no problem (maybe it's good now with the last version)
    and you and @pitito seems to have one...

pitito likes this.
  7. truemaster1

here is the place it starts

Attached Files:

8. truemaster1

from what i undreastand. paching the system.afs is imposible. the pal and usa bins look for the arrow sumbol in the same place. the japan bin does not, it our case it takes the symbols from a place where the letters u-t are. if you try to make t-u like as an arrow all capital t-u letters will look like an arrow. the only way is to patch jap 1st to look in the same address like the pal and usa bin for these symbols. anyway i have an idea those people in widescreen section are using debugers to manupulate memory registers to achive a wide screen codes. the using demul emulator so if they break the game during memory manupulation they can reload from a working save state. so if we start a game with a usa bin in place, take a screenshot of all memory values then start a new game with jap bin and compate the memory values we may see difference in them and if we try to change values in the memory addresses that are different in both scenerios a fix may come. how that sound?

fafadou and pitito like this.
  9. truemaster1

yes your last patch fix the small names on loading a game. heres the new screenshots. also by accident a had to leave the game to play alone. and i died. in the you died screen the retry or quit is not there. this issue has there before it also happened on an unpatched bin. never notice it till now.

Attached Files:

10. pitito

pitito Spirited Member

I am sorry for the delay, but I have been busy fixing the save menu and some more words of the Spanish SYSMES.ALD
    Thanks for the new Fafadou patch, I have seen that you have fixed the names in the save menu, but I do not get it in red, just normal

Well this is what I discovered.
    With the Japanese SYSMES.ALD the loading menu appears correct, so the Spanish SYSMES.ALD may have some closed address that does not point to any text, it is something I have to find out.

I have also found that hexaecimal value has the Japanese source but I have not had time to search for the 1st_read

I think there are 2 sources one that we already have corrected and another one for game symbols

Here I leave the source with the values
    [​IMG]

fafadou and truemaster1 like this.
  11. truemaster1

im feeling to make a full game playthrough. just to make sure that we havent broke anything. guys if you happen to know somebody that has interest for this project invite him-her here. or if he-she doesnt want to join here we can go and elsewere to discuss about the project. anyway about the debugger stuff i was talking what do you thing? can a debugger help at any way? @pitito have you manage to fix the menu?

pitito likes this.
  12. pitito

pitito Spirited Member

I agree :)
    At the moment I have focused some sentences, but I have not touched the loading menu.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019 at 4:46 AM
  13. psobb2009

psobb2009 Rising Member

Can anyone help me find offsets table of videos and audio of the game Soul Reaver, which was converted from PC?

14. truemaster1

ok i have started the test. take a look in these screenshots is the saves, the one is using the japan bin the other is using the usa bin. some texts are missing when using jap bin, this issue was there before the 1st bin patching.
    @psobb2009 open a new treat so anyone can see your help request. also consider make a treat
    to obscuregamers a lot had abandon this site sadly...
    ok @pitito i have make some saves in various tapewriters including the first one and reset the game with the button combo everything seems to be normal on my side. a new problem found but is not related to recent patches when jap bin is used when you die and select to do not contunue a die screem is heard wrong, as claire you hear steave screem and as steave you hear an explosion. now my money is on voice.afs. on may 2016 i had to change some file order in voice.afs for the dialogs speech to play correct because i was using the usa.bin propably now i need to put the voice.afs from kazenban untouched since the fixing on japan bin has begun

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019 at 4:12 AM
    fafadou and pitito like this.
  15. pitito

pitito Spirited Member

The problem of recording games is a mistake of mine, sorry.
    The case is that the jap version, if it gives you the option to load previous games, then I selected YES, and you select NOT your current game.
    The fix is then correct, my apologies again

Here you have some images with the menus corrected and centred on the Spanish SYSMES.ALD
    I have also centred many phrases related to the VM, which appeared on the left side of the screen

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

truemaster1 likes this.
  16. truemaster1

first cd is done. i checked anyware theres a checkable thing just to make sure description are corect and they are. here some issues (where there before) when using an unpached japan bin there is no timer when a selfdestruct occurs now with the laster 1st bin patch timer is back its not 100% corerect but is acceptable it also turn red color as normal when time is short. some maps that are taken from the kazenban version show disordered unreadable texts when you check checkable things in the enviroment, those rdx needed to edited with texts. also some rdx have videos the ones from japan needed editing so valid subtitles can placed. in english version they need to be removed. @pitito so sysmes.ald can fix the save menu missing-misallighn textures?
    when you finish patching the save menu please take a screenshot that will show the modifications you made to sysmes.ald to corect the save menu. so me and @fafadou can patch our sysmes.ald

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019 at 6:09 AM
    pitito likes this.
  17. pitito

pitito Spirited Member

Fix DEMO MODE for spanish.
    Patch 1st_read.bin
    Offset:0x128C40
    Code:
    Remplace
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 03 00 04 00 0C 00 0E 00 01 FF 0F 00 0B 00 00 00 18 00 FF FF

For this
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 2D 00 2F 00 24 00 2F 00 01 FF 24 00 25 00 2D 00 2F 00 FF FF

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019 at 9:43 AM
    truemaster1 likes this.
  18. truemaster1

thats quick reply thanks hose values are in 1st bin i assume right?

19. pitito

pitito Spirited Member

I think those mistakes are due to the same as the arrows, as is the demo mode.

As soon as I can upload SYSMES.ALD to mega :)

Yes!!! :)

Sysmes.ald spanish corrected
    https://mega.nz/#!jNtFxIBa!KdbV0JkQGkkwrL0edrRuF80EfKeOnpdxqcvysYVJNpI

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019 at 6:24 AM
    fafadou and truemaster1 like this.
  20. truemaster1

ok i made the modification now. i need to figure it out in order to corect it for english i read it as modo demo instead of demo mode