the unreleased code veronica x for dc

Discussion in 'Sega Dreamcast Development and Research' started by truemaster1, Jul 31, 2016.

1. psydefx

psydefx Peppy Member

nice work. some screens would be nice for preview

2. truemaster1

truemaster1 Enthusiastic Member

about the issues. they are 1st_read.bin related very few people know how to undrestand what modifications the binary needs. the questions are. how many of them are still active in the dc scene?? how many are here in this forum? and are they willing to give a try?? they dont have to test the game, only give us the moded bin, my upload have all the tools nececery to convert the gdi to data, replace the bin, and rebuilt and im sure we are willing to be the testers

3. fafadou

fafadou Gutsy Member

What an amazing work !
    Unfortunately, I have no gdemu, dreamshell etc... I'm trying to convert your gdi files to cdi files with the tools you have left for it. It is difficult for me but I hope, I can enjoy your fantastic performance in my dreamcast soon.
    I advise you to publish your RECVX in the iso zone (they used firedrop as you), I think you should find some help to finish your work.
    I have a question : I can't exctract the track03.bin for the second disk. could you repost a downloadind link with only the second disk.
    Another thing, I have found some trojans, it's not your fault but it will be appreciate if you delete them ;-)
    Thanks again, I'm very impressed.

truemaster1 likes this.
  4. truemaster1

hello and thanks for your appresiassion. my upload is in the isozone too but thanks. trojans?? where?? on firedrop?? or in my upload?? you can use also the onecloud mirror from fate6 its the same rar files. also the demul emulator i very good im using it for the whole project (good job metallic)my dc gdrom is broken and i will replace with usb gdrom in the future

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
  5. fafadou

fafadou Gutsy Member

My antirus caught the trojan when I unzip your files with 7z. And when I execute one of your tool. I don't remember which one. If I found an other one I'll noticed it for you.
    I don't found your amazing work in the isozone, could you give me the link for it ? And for one cloud mirror ?
    I success to create my .cdi file but is it too huge to burn it, do you know how can I downsample the files ? Even if I delete the videos and the music files the .cdi will be always too huge anyway... Do you know how I should downsample the data file ?
    Thanks again

6. truemaster1

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
    Anthony817 and -=FamilyGuy=- like this.
  7. fafadou

fafadou Gutsy Member

I success to downsample the audio file but not the videos files... It is always a little too huge to burn...
    Do you have any tool to suggest for downsample sfd files ?

truemaster1 likes this.
  8. -=FamilyGuy=-

-=FamilyGuy=- Site Supporter 2049

truemaster1 likes this.
  9. truemaster1

thanks for replay familyguy i was in my job now i return home

i would lile some feedback from those who playing it on real dreamcast. (mine has broken gdrom but very soon i will updrade to usb gdrom)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2016
  10. Fuel

Fuel Rapidly Rising Member

This is great! Saving this until I get a Dreamcast!

Anthony817 and truemaster1 like this.
  11. fafadou

fafadou Gutsy Member

I don't succeed for extract the track03.bin from the second disk...
    Could you explain how do you do ? it seems the track 03 is in two parts. 7z can't extract them...
    I have finally succeed to downsample video and audio. I have create a .nrg file in 78min I Hope this time it will ok in my dreamcast when I burn the cd.
    I replace the 1st_read.bin as you suggest.
    Thanks again

12. truemaster1

no no you dont extract with 7zip. lets just say you want disk one place in the root of selfboot folder the disk 1 files (track1.bin track2.raw track3.bin and the small file with .gdi extension) and click gdi2data. then downsample anything you want and click the selfboot.bat also i recoment you to use 870 mb 99 min disks. (google for them) 1st cd is fit without any downsample. about the first read.bin the one already inside the gdis is from the usa 1st version, use this for correct english language. the first read.bin inside the 2nd versiion folder is from the 2nd version recd from japan it will not display english correct, big spaces between the characters. also all files you find in game will be in japanish but it will handle corect the the extra scenes. something the usa 1st read.bin lacks. it up to you to decide wich to use

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
  13. fafadou

fafadou Gutsy Member

We are not understand each other but it's my fault my english could be better :)
    It 's ok for the for the first GDrom.
    It's for the second GDrom I can't extract the track03.bin files. It seems it is in two parts in the projectveronicapart1.rar and projectveronica.part2.rar.
    How do you extract the track03.bin for the second GDROM ?

Gotcha I found ^^ it was so easy lol.
    Thanks again

I finally can test your amazing work and now I understand better what were your problems you have had.
    I tried the game with the first 1stread version and the the second 1stread version in order to see the differences with my eyes.
    Do you know what are the differences between RECV et RECVX in the first GD ROM ?
    Perhaps it's better to use the first 1stread version in a gdrom and the second in the other one ?
    it 's a shame you can't have the binary translate use for shenmue, you could use it for a perfect translate.
    I have a look and I tell you :)

14. IlDucci

IlDucci Site Supporter 2015

SiZiOUS' Binary Translator was dedicated to Shenmue and also was barely started. Back when I hacked the Shenmue binaries for the Spanish translation, I had to do things the hard way. What texts are in the 1ST_READ.BIN? I might be able to take a look.

wombat likes this.
  15. truemaster1

i was out 2 days because of a job. fafadou my English are bad too:) about the 2 1st_read.bins both cd must have the same, if you build the one with 1st version(ntsc-u) and the second cd wirh 2nd version(ntsc-j) the saves will be diferent. iiducci the game uses as language the sysmes.ald and system.afs but when put the 2nd version 1st_read.bin the spaces between characters are big. and the files you found progressing in game are Japanese. but that's funny because if you open the sysmes.ald you can see all letters used in game files

16. IlDucci

That sounds like the classic Resident Evils for the PSX.
    The Japanese/European versions use a fixed-width font (But I don't know how large are the characters in Japanese) while the English version changes the font writer with a variable-width. We'd need someone with debugging knowledge, like yzb, to change the widths (Not sure if the variable width could be reenabled).

The Files thing is more important, and different than PSX. PSX's files are always textures (TIM format), but if the 1ST_READ has the Files, chances are they are written as text. I'll have a look.

truemaster1 likes this.
  17. truemaster1

ok thanks if the 2nd version 1st_read.bin can manage the English correct goal achieved.

18. PELL1138

PELL1138 Newly Registered

Hey, I'm quite new to this whole burning Dreamcast games to a blank CD-R & the youtube how to videos don't seem to help. Do I just burn the directory RE CV GD1 to a blank disc & the same with second disc directory? Or you I have to run that Gdi2Data.bat file first? Hope someone can help.

19. IlDucci

OK, here's what I've found:
    - I tried to use the 2nd version 1ST_READ.BIN and pack a GDI of the first disc, I can load the menus, but I can't get to the first level. Am I missing something?
    - The ingame Files text data is located in the SYSMES.ALD file, so it's quite odd that it's being read from the 1ST_READ.BIN. Maybe it's not being read correctly. Guess I'll have to find the Japanese version...
    - In case we needed the Japanese RDX, I might have found a way to transplant texts from one version to another. We'd need a programmer though, and again, gotta get the Japanese X version to be sure.

truemaster1 likes this.
  20. truemaster1

you neef to rename the files with rdx extension to begin with RM. R0 is for use with the usa version (1ST VERSION 1ST_READ.BIN)

you need to convert gdi to selfboot first. Read the read me file about that and look if you can find 99min cds