the unreleased code veronica x for dc

Discussion in 'Sega Dreamcast Development and Research' started by truemaster1, Jul 31, 2016.

1. TerdFerguson

TerdFerguson ls ~/

beer_cheers.jpg
    cheers to that!

Wachenroder, truemaster1 and fafadou like this.
  2. Wachenroder

Wachenroder Member

I suddenly had an urge to replay CV on DC (I have never had this urge lol) but I dont want to play vanilla CV. I was wondering if anyone had made anything like this and sure as shit somebody went out their way to no only do it but more languages then English!

You are awesome!

truemaster1 likes this.
  3. truemaster1

truemaster1 Enthusiastic Member

thank you my friend me and @fafadou put a lot of efford. enjoy the game:)

4. SMiTH

SMiTH Member

good work on this project.
    :)

truemaster1 and fafadou like this.
  5. psobb2009

psobb2009 Member

Can you translate this hack?
    is a Chinese version of the game.

A disk 700M full version,Nothing ripped Downsampled or whatever!

B disc 870M 99MIN image, ONLY MV_009.SFD CG file Downsampled (by dcres )

NOTE:

1 Compressed file optimization

2 at any time to call up the storage box L+B

3 at any time to switch the viewpoint L+ start button (the game press the start button to enter the op settings, and then press the start button to exit OP, after returning to the game screen, the starting button is not loose, and then you can switch the first person viewpoint and third person viewpoint by L.

4 increase in 2 sets of Claire clothes (by cptPauer), count the original 2 sets, Claire a total of 4 sets of clothes
    Using the method: after starting a new game or reading the archive screen, press L or L+R or R to have 3 different sets of clothes.

5 hold down the L key to open the door or the stairs can skip animation (or there will be a few seconds waiting for the blackout time)
    Download: https://mega.nz/#!NtNBHSJR!vPjgbURJ_9UmQ7NWeiT1Mvzi11FCzM8VJ4SGnc6y0oY

6. fafadou

fafadou Gutsy Member

@yzb37859365 (if it's him but I think it is ;-) ) is a very good hacker and had done an incredible job on its version.
    I had a look at it recently and the 1ST_READ.BIN is really smaller than original version even if I can find some similarities.
    In this link you have only the second disc I guess.

But for the moment I don't know how I can do for translating this version and others because we still don't know where is the VWF in the 1ST_READ.BIN, the letters we'll be too spaced from each other...
    Same problem than kazenban (complete) jap version...

truemaster1 and Anthony817 like this.
  7. psobb2009

psobb2009 Member

I uploaded my iso from cd-1, I no longer have the cdi of the hack. Could you do the iso in cdi? Thank you!
    Dowloas cd_1: https://mega.nz/#!OmAmBCSD!q8a6VWqlgovd5fsTh-y2rbsu8lPcXlxegsqVPQEh6-U

8. truemaster1

nice hack my friend let me see what i can do @fafadou maybe vwf isnt an issue for chinese characters. strange this version has a very small 1st_read.bin and no sysmes.ald at all. the first cd is in iso format i cant extract its contents. and is unplayable in both demul and null dc. what can i do for that?

Last edited: May 14, 2019 at 3:03 AM
    Anthony817 and fafadou like this.
  9. fafadou

fafadou Gutsy Member

-=FamilyGuy=- likes this.
  10. truemaster1

bad news i try modding the 2nd cd but this version is hard hacked it doesnt work like the retail ones i worked in the past. i try at first puting the kazenban 1st_read.bin with its ip.bin inside replacing the small 1st_read.bin the game boots but after sega logo its kicks back to dc menu.

fafadou likes this.
  11. fafadou

fafadou Gutsy Member

Yeah yzb said he had "1 Compressed file optimization" ^^

12. yzb37859365

yzb37859365 Spirited Member

I think the Japanese version of Chinese characters and Chinese VMF should be the same, right?

I not hack vmf:D

truemaster1 likes this.
  13. truemaster1

@yzb37859365 is there a way to modify vmf using the kazenban 1st_read.bin to make nicer display when using languages as english francais espanol etc?

14. fafadou

fafadou Gutsy Member

Have you locate it anyway @yzb37859365 ?

gilvan999 from dreamshell forum send me this :

I didn't have time yet for watch it but it's very interesting :)

Last edited: May 16, 2019 at 3:28 AM
    truemaster1 likes this.
  15. truemaster1

ohh nice. i can see some symbols used in the game. in 7.50 its the vmf values but didnt do anything in kazenban 1stbin. but i have some good news you can fix your francais one take a 1stbin from france version and edit the usa one i put in the custom francais release

Last edited: May 16, 2019 at 3:34 AM
    fafadou likes this.
  16. fafadou

fafadou Gutsy Member

Yes I was thinking about that :) And it had works you can patch the us version ?
    I think it's "easy" to patch all versions now.

I had tried to do some things in this area of 1ST_READ.BIN jap because I noticed some differences between french and jap version but nothing had changed for me too.
    Have you try to patch the whole area from 0x13006C to 0x1305AF ?
    For me the VWF is clearly here but nothing change in game, @gilvan999 said to me they had the same problem, had to change in the track03.bin during the running game, and extract the 1ST_READ.BIN after... But why ?

We are in a rush for finishing grandia 2 translation project but I'm really excited to have look just after that !

truemaster1 likes this.
  17. truemaster1

i wonder if we can put the extra things from the kazenban bin in the usa bin then change the vmf for non english versions. the kazenban bin is full of headaches not only vmf issue but with the document files as well. anyway is there something i can do for you?

Last edited: May 16, 2019 at 4:03 AM
  18. yzb37859365

yzb37859365 Spirited Member

If the English version is used for production, is there no need to modify the VMF?

@fafadou sorry´╝îI DNOT see you picture

fafadou likes this.
  19. truemaster1

if i use the us 1st-read.bin everything about language and file documents are ok but it misses some effects that happen only on kazenban so if i need to use kazenban1st_read.bin can i do something about the vmf? to show languages such us english francais etc with coreect spacing?
    @fafadou i try the cheatengine like the guy in the video, using demul emulator, the results are as expected i can modify vmf when using usa 1stbin in all texts including game document files. but no luck if i use the kazenban 1stbin looks like there is a string somewere in the kazenban 1stbin that either disable or predefine that area but there is no other place with such values to try modify.

Last edited: May 17, 2019 at 1:28 PM
    fafadou likes this.